var yuipath = 'clientscript/yui';
var yuicombopath = '';
var remoteyui = false;
else // Load Rest of YUI remotely (where possible)
var yuipath = 'http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.9.0/build';
var yuicombopath = 'http://yui.yahooapis.com/combo';
var remoteyui = true;
i love the jo trade. while part of me was somewhat sad to see him go it was time. while i was reading the indy star article about his press confernce talking about the trade he refered to tornoto as we and that kinda hurt alittle. its too soon to be calling tornoto we. the trade isnt even official yet. at first i was not to happy about the the bayless rush trade but ive gotten over it. its gonna help our d out alot. and i cant wait to get myself a hibbert jersey. as soon as i found out we had another 1st round pick i wanted it to be hibbert. im glad larry is atleast making moves and not just signing kareem rush and travis diener (whom i love and im glad hes a pacer. so much fun to watch). and i really hope graham can get some pt some how. i like him alot.
I like the moves too. There has been far too much criticism over the trade with Portland, and not enough enthusiasm for the team's new look.
1. Rush is the type of player we needed: NBA ready; great size; solid defender; a true shooting guard. Bayless was all about potential----not a true point guard; not great size; excellent upside, however, and a great athlete. With the acqusition of Ford, Bayless would have been on the bench for the better part of next season.
2. The team is headed in a new direction, and we needed players who could step in and contribute this year. The Pacers aren't in a position to wait a few more years to see their draft picks pan out.
3. Jarrett Jack will be a big time upgrade as a backup PG. Lets face it; we lacked leadership at the point, and now, with Ford and Jack, we're in great shape, and a serious weakness has been turned into a strength.
4. Hibbert, from all appearances, has much more upside than people are giving him credit for---and the fact that he's lost a few pounds and is working out hard is a great sign. High character; high BB IQ; and a seriously large dude, something we haven't had for awhile. If his hard work allows him to stay on the court longer and fit into the high tempo offense that we run, we've got a winner. And again, all of the other big men available were full of question marks and potential. We need NBA ready players, and Hibbert is that.
5. We've shed the albatross of JO's contract, and we don't have to wonder if the fifth highest paid player in the NBA will be able to suit up this coming year. That is huge in and of itself.
So, I for one am very happy with Larry's moves, and believe that the team has taken a great step forward from where we were at the end of last season.