Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Projected Lineups (As of 06.29.08)

Default Re: Projected Lineups (As of 06.29.08)

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So tinsley is a serviceable backup at best, but you think McRoberts could become useful.

I gotta say you aren't much of a talent scout, do you even watch basketball?
    Sure, I watch a lot of bb. Admittedly I didn't watch Tinsley's breakout year last year as I didn't get many Pacer games and didn't think they had a future anyway.

I'm saying McRoberts is a wildcard who could be servicable if his head is one size smaller than coming out of college, yes.

I don't think teams can win with Tinsley. Although again, I missed his breakout and improved shooting.

Anyway, Tinsley or lack of Tinsley is probably OT without other lineup talk. Maybe we can debate talent scouting later. I'll bow out for now.

Wheel, Tinsley's problem isn't his work ethic. He comes into camp every year looking pretty good... he's been doing summer work for years.

His problem is his head. Dude just ain't smart... about himself, who he hangs with, how he spends his time, when to go one-on-one, when to go one-on-five, etc. He's got the gifts, but doesn't know what to do with him.

Also, he's not good in the open court... he's much better in the halfcourt.

I'm really not sure we're watching the same guy.
    Last edited by Anthem; 06-29-2008 at 10:41 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Hmm, we aren't watching the same guy. Because to me, he's a liabaility as a shooter which makes him not so hot in the half court since you can sag off of him.

I think he's a capable ballhandler though and can penetrate some, along with some decent passes, hence my running game thing even though I have never thought of him as quick. But I don't like him much in the half court.

I'm not saying he could never play. But even several years ago I wasn't a fan. And now he's beat up and older.

I never knocked his work ethic, I don't know anything about that.
    Last edited by OpenWheel; 06-29-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Sports Logo

At the beginning of the season, I'm expecting:

Starters:

PG - Ford
    SG - Dunleavy
    SF - Granger
    PF - Murphy
    C - Rasho

Reserves ( in order )

6 ) Jack
    7 ) Foster
    8 ) Shawne
    9 ) Brandon
    10 ) Hibbert

I expect that we would start with the Vets at the start of the season. I want to ensure that Brandon and Hibbert get some solid minutes and hope to spread out the Big Man PF/C minutes somewhat evenly among Murphy/Foster/Rasho/Hibbert. As long as both Brandon and Hibbert get an average of about 10-12 minutes a game...then I am happy.

But I am hoping that after the ASB that we can move Brandon ahead of Shawne in the SG/SF rotation and then find a way to increase Hibbert's minutes....likely at the expense of Rasho.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Those are going to be pretty solid reserves IMO. I would like to see normal rotations where the reserves play together consistently.

I hope to see Hibbert and Foster in the starting lineup though. I suspect those two will provide a solid tandem in the middle on defense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We have players that are good in motion, and we have players that are good in half-court. Expect line-ups on the floor that reflect that. JOb will start with the gunners.

Ford
    Dun
    Granger
    Murphy
    Nest

The half-court team will look like this.

Jack
    Rush
    Williams
    Foster
    Hibbert

Pairing Foster/Hibbert and Murphy/Nest gives JOb combos that can provide scoring from his bigs, courtesy of Troy and Roy. Murphy wil score in the high post, and Hibbert in the low. Whatever the combo having scoring from big guys, seems to be essential to the coach. We will also see small ball at times.

Ford/Rush/Dun/DG/and Troy or Jeff

Ford/Jack/DG/SW/and Troy or Jeff