Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54

Thread: The free agent list.

  1. #26
    Member Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,164

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.


  2. #27
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,354
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Nice detective work there, tbabyy.

    The All-Star game really isn't much about production anymore, but glitz and glam. That is one of the few reasons why they went back to having just an east and west uniform as well. Gives the designers a little more shinyness to work on.

  3. #28
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by tbabyy924 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and still outscored pau
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  4. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and still outscored pau
    but 12 boards in 14 minutes............... come on

  5. #30
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but 12 boards in 14 minutes............... come on
    that just means EVERYONE was missin
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  6. #31
    Member Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,164

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizar...max_but_h.html
    Ivan Carter and Michael Lee
    washingtonpost.com

    Then, according to my sources, the Warriors quickly burned the phones and offered former Warrior Gilbert Arenas a maximum-level contract, one that would pay him more than $100 million over five years. My source told me that Gilbert received a flurry of phone calls from the Warriors in the first 30 minutes of free agency....Also, I heard from a very reliable source that the Sacramento Kings contacted Arenas and said they are willing to do "whatever it takes" to land his services even if they have to "trade their entire team." Guess the Maloof brothers want to matter again.
    You never know with Gil, he loves DC but everybody has a price. In terms of the Kings, trading "the entire team" for a shoot first PG coming off two knee surgeries might be a little much.

  7. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    I'm surprised so many teams are interested in Arenas considering how little effect he's had on the Wizards win/loss record. He may put up pretty stats, but they come at the expense of the rest of the team, the exact opposite of what you want out of your point guard.

    As for who I like for Indy in free agency, Craig Smith or Ronny Turiaf would be solid pick-ups, or maybe throw a fairly small contract at 23 year old Chris Richard and have him compete with McRoberts for 3rd string PF/C minutes. Ryan Gomes also looks good and could probably play a lot of PF in our small ball scheme, but he's likely outside of our price range, and will get at minimum the full MLE.
    Last edited by The Unknown; 07-01-2008 at 09:54 AM.

  8. #33

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the Pacers take a chance on O'Bryant, Kwame, and Craig Smith with short contracts.

  9. #34
    "Born Ready" TheRifleman51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    It's always been about Indy.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Personally I like the team that we have built. I know that we have some dead weight "Tins" but other than that, we just need a PF. Someone who who can play D and and put the ball in the hole. I like Kwame game but he has zero work ethic and you don't want another Jamal.

  10. #35
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the Pacers take a chance on O'Bryant, Kwame, and Craig Smith with short contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balaclava67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally I like the team that we have built. I know that we have some dead weight "Tins" but other than that, we just need a PF. Someone who who can play D and and put the ball in the hole. I like Kwame game but he has zero work ethic and you don't want another Jamal.
    You guys DON'T want Kwame. At all. Bad locker room guy, bad player, bad everything
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  11. #36
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Agreed Robert, we don't need ANY bad character guys.

  12. #37
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,721

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the Pacers take a chance on O'Bryant, Kwame, and Craig Smith with short contracts.
    And cut who? We already have 16 players under contract.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #38
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,741

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Meh, there really isn't anyone available that would upgrade the 4 spot much that isn't restricted. Guess Larry will have to work his magic with a trade to shore up the spot.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  14. #39
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Arenas JUST inked a 111 mill, 6 yr deal
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  15. #40
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,741

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arenas JUST inked a 111 mill, 6 yr deal
    I think you guys will end up regretting that.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  16. #41
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you guys will end up regretting that.
    I think it's good for the Wizard's net income, but it's bad for their ability to assemble a better team.

  17. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    I wanted to bump this up & update the options a bit. This is from NBA.com. I'd cut & paste it but it doesn't format well.

    http://www.nba.com/transactions/movement2008_name.html

    I did see a couple guys that I could live with Bird adding, and yes, I know we still have one too many. We need to shore up the 4 spot a little, even if it means we have to drop a player that plays another position.

    The guys I was looking at are...

    Andre Brown of Memphis. He's restricted but I think he can be had.

    Austin Croshere, solid vet & locker room guy, Unrestricted that could come cheap. Not my first chose, just an option until we find our guy.

    Nenad Krstic, restricted out of New Jersey. Looks to be the odd man out. Put up great numbers before his injury. If the knees good, he would be a steal.

    Carl Landry, restricted from Houston. Enough has been said on here about him. Nice fit.

    Brian Skinner, unrestricted from Phoenix. A surprise option here. Solid vet that could fill the void until we get the upgrade we need.

    I'd check into Krstic's knee to see how close to 100% it was. Brown would be my next option. I think he's kinda slipped under a lot of peoples radar because he played off the bench for Memphis.

    Reguardless we need to upgrade our starting 4 but I like this group as options for our backup spot. That is other than Krstic, I think, if healthy he could come in here & start.

    By the way, I still would like to get Kirilinko for Murphy & Daniels, but thats a whole other thread.
    Last edited by Jose Slaughter; 07-12-2008 at 05:24 AM.

  18. #43
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we had too, point blank period. If we didn't the fanbase backlash woulda turned us into.....well you guys.

    Don't flatter yourself its not even close. You have to taste success first and step out of mediocrity first THEN mess it up to be like us. DC did the right thing though. Fans there are just happy to be invited to the party and before Arenas and jamison (and mjs cameo) it was fair to say they were an insignificant franchise. Why ruin a good thing? at least no matter if the team fails the management can always seek sanctuary in the thought that they gave the fans what they want and its on the players shoulders now. Unless Gil goes ronron its safe to say that they have done a good job protecting their investment.

    With that said what's caron's status? Is he gonna be a FA soon? Wonder how much this bumps his asking price.

  19. #44
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Caron has got 3 more years on his deal.

    and Roger Mason got signed by the Spurs (overpaid) so it looks like Gil's money will go to a new free agent
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  20. #45
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    23,025

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Does anyone know how much $$$ we can spend on a FA....assuming ( with a worst case scenario ) that we buyout both Tinsley and McRoberts?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know how much $$$ we can spend on a FA....assuming ( with a worst case scenario ) that we buyout both Tinsley and McRoberts?
    We'll still be over the cap but we are allowed to use all or part of the mid level, the mid level is 5.585 M

    http://www.nba.com/news/salarycapset_080709.html

  22. #47
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,009

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know how much $$$ we can spend on a FA....assuming ( with a worst case scenario ) that we buyout both Tinsley and McRoberts?
    No one can answer that because it would depend on what they were bought out for. And why would we bother to buy out McRoberts, he makes very little?

  23. #48
    Never Quit. Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one can answer that because it would depend on what they were bought out for. And why would we bother to buy out McRoberts, he makes very little?
    Because it opens a roster spot for someone that can actually play.

  24. #49
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    Dee Brown will be a Wizard coem Wednesday. Utah announced they will nto match the offer sheet. Theres the LLE Gilbert "saved" for the Wiz
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  25. #50

    Default Re: The free agent list.

    I suspect they'll take a hard look at McRoberts before jettisoning him. He's cheap; he's a local kid; he has very decent size; and the potential is there. Doesn't mean he sticks, but with the team needing a PF, why not give him a fair look to see if he can fill a need?

Similar Threads

  1. Undrafted Free Agent DT Eric Foster
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 08:32 PM
  2. undrafted free agent sigings
    By GenlHooker in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 01:30 AM
  3. Possible Free Agent Signings
    By naptown_baller in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 10:22 AM
  4. Colts biggest free agent needs?
    By jeffg-body in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
  5. Why not Anderson Varejao???
    By bambam in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 09:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •