Thread: Portland trying to move on Augustin

Banned

Default Portland trying to move on Augustin

Adrian Wo is now also reporting that Portland is trying to move Jarret Jack, #13 and #33 to Jersy for #10 and Trenton hassel with the idea being to select Augustin in front of us at #10.

The Nets still would likely get Gallinari at #13.

My question is why wouldn't we make that same trade and keep JO if we don't want Augustin in the first place ??

I like Jack better than Ford..........at least he's healthy and plays most of the games.

They speculate that we may covet Anthony Randolph...........which if true will make me immediately cancel the NBA Ticket for next season at the very least.

Default Re: Portland trying to move on Augustin

I'd make the trade with Daniels instead of Hassel without a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Plax80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adrian Wo is now also reporting that Portland is trying to move Jarret Jack, #13 and #33 to Jersy for #10 and Trenton hassel with the idea being to select Augustin in front of us at #10.

My question is why wouldn't we make that same trade and keep JO if we don't want Augustin in the first place ??

I like Jack better than Ford..........at least he's healthy and plays most of the games.

They speculate that we may covet Anthony Randolph...........which if true will make me immediately cancel the NBA Ticket for next season at the very least.
    Well, I wonder what the possibility of us w/ Ford does to our desire to do anything about that? Interesting development to say the least, b/c I think we'd still be interested in Augustin even if the Toronto deal goes through.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We need to move on this. Quis and #11 for Jack, #13, and #33.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    If true, I agree.

-Emiliano Zapata

Just because you agree with me doesn't mean I like you any better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Just because you agree with me doesn't mean I like you any better.
    I guess I'll just have to find some way to go on.

At #33, we could possibly get DJ White.

Don't know if they do this, but we should at least offer. Jack is a solid G who can play both spots. Very important for us. Can start or back up TJ and the 2. Not a defensive machine, but more size than the Ford/Diener combo. Then you have 13, 17, 33, and 41 and a lot of flexibility.

-Emiliano Zapata

Could it be the Pacers are going to select Augustin, which is why the Blazers are trying to jump ahead of them? I don't know why they wouldn't deal with Indiana unless the Pacers are going to take Augustin, it would make more sense in my opinion.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope they think that. Let Portland believe we're going after DJ. That just means someone else will drop to us once Portland trades up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    Could it be the Pacers are going to select Augustin, which is why the Blazers are trying to jump ahead of them? I don't know why they wouldn't deal with Indiana unless the Pacers are going to take Augustin, it would make more sense in my opinion.
    It has also been said that the Nets are looking to move down also, so it would work out perfectly for both the nets and blazers.

I alluded to this trade early this afternoon when discussing Pritchard as a GM.

My thought was why Bird doesn't trade them the 11, but as Eldubious pointed out they may think the Pacers are going to take Augustin. I don't like that idea of taking ANOTHER small PG if the Toronto deal goes. That would make 3. Better go for JO's replacement in a big. Speights is my choice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post

What i think is possibly happenning today is that Larry's perfect storm is coming to fruition and that all 9 of the players he is comfortable with at #11 will be gone.

This likely sent him back to Colangelo (if you believe the rumor........which I only do to an extent........I doubt we would have completely signed off on it yet).

the other Ad Wo rumor is that Charlotte will surprise everyone by taking Augustin at #9 which is why they completed the Nuggets trade for pick #20.

And if this were to happen than Larry is left looking at "the best of the project bigs" or Hibbert at 11.

At that point than TJ Ford makes much more sense with the 17th pick left to take another "project big" or rush or Chalmers or Thompson.

Are they talking themselves into a JO because of what other teams around them are doing ?

I certainly hope not.

This is where Walsh's experience would have paid huge dividends. You can't let other teams' decisions influence your own..............and you can't overreact to "rumors".

You have to have a Plan B in place way before now...........11 and Foster or daniels or Ike for 15 and Barbosa would be a plan B.

Quis or Ike or Foster and 11 for Jack, 13 and 33 would be another.

But if you didn't like the JO to Toronto deal on Sunday, and you didn't like any Cleveland deal last week...........than why do you like it so much better three days later ??

And please don't give me any garbage about medical reports.

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    If true, I agree.
    Any day of the week, where do I put the signature? We'd have Jack, Ford and #13, #17, #33 sound very good to me

The reason ford was hurt last year because he was knock in his head by Al Horford lol
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

boy oh boy do i hope somebody is dumb enough to trade in front of us to draft dj

Croz24-

Since you've consistently wizzed on Augustine for a couple
    months now, why don't you detail his pluses and minuses as
    you see them for us...?

Sports Logo

Good Lord....if Brook Lopez falls past the 9th spot...which is a possiblility.....and the Nets trade for Jack and the 13th pick to get Augustin at 10...then there is a chance that the Pacers can nab Lopez at the 11th spot...then take Chalmers at the 17th spot.

My mind boggles at the possiblities. Finally....a NBA Draft that I can be excited about!!!!!
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I guess I'll just have to find some way to go on.

At #33, we could possibly get DJ White.
    No, because Portland's taking him at #27.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

to be honest with you, i just don't feel like typing out a t-bird type analysis of augustin. i'd give you some plus and minuses, but that would only compel me to spend an hour plus in indepth analysis. i don't like doing things half-heartedly...

this is all i'll give you...i've been down on augustin for more than this year. in a point guard, i expect much more leadership than dj possesses. however my biggest beef with augustin has everything to do with his pg ability/potential in this league compared to where people are talking about drafting him. i just have a well-thought mindset with regards to where certain players/positions should be drafted compared to the makeup of the nba, and dj augustin at pick #11 is not a smart move at all imo...

Oh heck yeah. That would almost make up for the disappointment I feel about the JO trade.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!