Thread: Great Time to be a Pacer Fan

Default Great Time to be a Pacer Fan

Obviously, in the past couple of seasons, the city of Indianapolis has almost given up on the Pacers (our original team). For those of us who stuck around, this is a GREAT time to be a Pacer fan. This is quite possibly the most excited I've been prior to a Pacers draft.

I just think it's an exciting time to be a Pacers fan, and I'm glad to have discovered Pacers Digest to share that with fellow Pacer fans (those that are left).

Mood

Default Re: Great Time to be a Pacer Fan

how is it a great time to ba a pacers fan last year we were horrible

To start with, they have the 11th pick in the draft. To me, that's pretty exciting. They are on their way to totally revamping their team in a style of play that is enjoyable as a fan to watch.

There have been rumors of a TJ Ford/Rasho Nesterovic/17th pick for JO trade, which would give us a legit point guard, as well as another 1st rounder. That all adds up to options.

As you said, we've missed the playoffs the past couple of season, thus there's only room to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by BousTheory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To start with, they have the 11th pick in the draft. To me, that's pretty exciting. They are on their way to totally revamping their team in a style of play that is enjoyable as a fan to watch.

There have been rumors of a TJ Ford/Rasho Nesterovic/17th pick for JO trade, which would give us a legit point guard, as well as another 1st rounder. That all adds up to options.

As you said, we've missed the playoffs the past couple of season, thus there's only room to improve.
    In a weird way you're right. All the bandwagoners jumped off and on the Colts one a long time ago. Plus the boards don't get all filled up with stupid posts. And I saw a team turning a corner without it's two top players. When they are gone we have a great future ahead of us. the 11th pick is good and I don't think Bird will let us down this year. He has full reign. And Im also glad we get two top 45 picks. I still say that this years draft will be based around who we can find in the second round, unless we do get another first rounder for JO. Then we could add two difference makers and a great bench role player in one year. I wouldn't be too sold on any players that come along with a first round pick for JO. I want to build through the draft, it always makes it more exciting. But as much as it pains me to say it, you can't ignore what Boston did and many teams before them. trades just work better in the NBA than the NFL.

Welcks to the PDage