Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Jermaine O'Neal heading to Toronto for T.J. Ford, #17 pick. Pacers get Baston, give up pick #41

Banned

Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal heading to Toronto for T.J. Ford, #17 pick. Pacers get Baston, give up pick #41

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rasho should be thrilled playing for Indiana. Baston is the -key-.

Baston very well may end up being the best player we receive in this trade.

i know its a team sport but I'd bet a fair amount that he'd destroy whoever we take at 17 in a game of 1 on 1.

sweabs

Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal heading to Toronto for T.J. Ford, #17 pick. Pacers get Baston, give up pick #41

I haven't really chimed in with my thoughts.

I'm very happy with the trade, as I thought JO's value was much lower.

From the Raptors perspective, I don't see why they do this trade. I can't see JO & Bosh working well together down low...specifically under the system they run in Toronto.

I'm very pumped for the draft tonight.

Oh yeah, and the way that Rasho was playing towards the end of last season was better than JO had been playing last season (honestly - it was scary). The guy isn't going to do that on a nightly basis, but he certainly is more than just a big body.

Yeah,
    Rasho will be a nice surprise I think. I can see him ending up with alot of Jeff and Murphs minutes.

And I dunno what some of you guys are smoking, but TJ Ford is an great freakin player. Give the guy a chance.

I like getting Baston back. I was pretty down on him when he got here, but I was impressed over time. I'd be happy for him to get rotation minutes for us.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    wasn't antonio released, he went to europe, then we signed him as a FA?
    No, he went directly overseas and was not signed to a contract, so we retained his rights when he came back over. Similar situation to Stanko.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Wells: JO to Toronto?

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    If we're going to trade JO to get TJ, we should get rid of JT before he pulls an OJ.

Best post of the new season.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    I haven't really chimed in with my thoughts.

I'm very happy with the trade, as I thought JO's value was much lower.

From the Raptors perspective, I don't see why they do this trade. I can't see JO & Bosh working well together down low...specifically under the system they run in Toronto.

I'm very pumped for the draft tonight.

Oh yeah, and the way that Rasho was playing towards the end of last season was better than JO had been playing last season (honestly - it was scary). The guy isn't going to do that on a nightly basis, but he certainly is more than just a big body.
    it is and never should be about the system. it's about acquiring players who can help you win, which toronto clearly thinks jo will help them do. "system" trades never work.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    it is and never should be about the system. it's about acquiring players who can help you win, which toronto clearly thinks jo will help them do. "system" trades never work.
    Okay. But regardless of the system, I just don't think you can win with Jermaine at centre. He's not a centre. Raptors fans have been preaching the need for a big man who can do the dirty work underneath the basket...and they went out and got #7 instead of #10 from our team. I don't think it's fair to compare Bosh/JO to Randolph/Curry directly...but on the offensive end, I could see something similar working out - and it's not pretty.

LOL. . .Colangelo still denying the reports. Shut up and admit already
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    Okay. But regardless of the system, I just don't think you can win with Jermaine at centre. He's not a centre.
    He's not a powre forward either.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

MIP for 2013-2014 season docpaul's Avatar

Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal heading to Toronto for T.J. Ford, #17 pick

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    TJ is as mentally tough as they come when it comes to adversity and perseverance, as well as not being afraid of game situations. He has that Derek Fisher mentality of "I don't care if this is the 4th Quarter of Game 6 in the Playoffs or the 2nd Quarter of a preseason game with Minnesota" when it comes to making a play.

I have to agree that he doesn't play "tough" though.

Given his size, that's not a slight really, but he certainly tries to avoid contact and can easily be bumped off his penetration path if the refs are letting a little lower body contact go. And, while he does pressure the ball defensively, he's not the type to really belly up and force the ball-handler to react to his presence.

Basically, when penetrating, AI he is not.

And, when guarding the ball, Muggsy Bogues he is not.

Those guys were little but physically imposing. TJ is little and easily imposed.
    Interesting little tidbit:

http://www.charlotte.com/140/story/688312.html

Charlotte Bobcats managing partner Michael Jordan confirmed to the Observer on Thursday that they were talking to the Raptors about a swap of Wallace and point guard T.J. Ford. The talks apparently hit a snag when Toronto additionally asked for a draft pick. Instead, the Raptors are moving Ford to Indiana in a trade involving forward Jermaine O'Neal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would LMAO if this trade fell through after we traded Bayless.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."