Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 762

Thread: Jermaine O'Neal heading to Toronto for T.J. Ford, #17 pick. Pacers get Baston, give up pick #41

  1. #576
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,866

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    OT....but I just thought of this...but now I can't use JONeal in NBA2k9....we better draft a Big Man.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #577
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what we need......a PG rotation that will be the quickest but easiest to post-up in the league.
    Enter yet another Shaun Livingston plug by me here.

  3. #578
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only question is what am I supposed to do with my authentic JO jersey?
    Same thing I did with my authentic Stephen Jackson jersey...

    ...cut out the name on the back.

    I'm #1!

  4. #579
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,324

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Awesome trade. JO may rebound but even when he was healthy I just never thought he
    made his team mates better. Maybe that is more on the team mates. Only Foster and Tinsley left. That taste in my mouth is almost gone.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  5. #580

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm reading the RealGM Raptors board..and they aren't very happy about it....July 1st can't come soon enough.

    They were up in arms right after this proposed trade started circulating a couple of dayz ago.

  6. #581
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When can he be judged? The only players left from before he was brought on to head basketball operations are Jeff and Jamaal, and neither is long for the Pacers world. One would think he had some input into everyone else on our roster.

    He's also hired the last two coaches, unless you somehow want to make the argument those were really Donnie's moves. The scouting and medical staffs have also been completely turned over, and he takes credit for those moves as well.

    I seriously do not understand how you can say he can't be judged for a few more years. If you are really that patient, you should ask Kstat how it feels to be a Lions fan.
    I believe he has been judged, and should continue to be judged with each move. My opinion is today is that this was a good move for JO, and, while he has some check marks in the "Bad" Column...this goes (for the time being) into the good column. If he makes good, sensible picks tomorrow, then I'll lock this into the sound move department, even if Ford takes that hit we're dreading and JO comes back healthy. If he drafts Kostas Koufos and a Box of Corn Flakes...it's going to be tough to say "Good Job".

  7. #582
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    I hope we are getting their 2nd rounder too, or am I being too greedy?

    Other thoughts: I wonder if the trade is also contingent on who is there at #11 - if Westbrook falls, do we still do the deal?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  8. #583
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give it to me. I've been decorating my TV room with Pacer jerseys.
    I'll probably use it like that. I wonder if I dropped it off in his mailbox with a note if he'd sign and send it back to me.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #584
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    I think it's happening regardless.

  10. #585
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same thing I did with my authentic Stephen Jackson jersey...

    ...cut out the name on the back.

    I'm #1!
    You did that to an authentic????!!!!

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. #586
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,513

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same thing I did with my authentic Stephen Jackson jersey...

    ...cut out the name on the back.

    I'm #1!
    That's probably what I'll end up doing too, actually.

  12. #587
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    The question is can TJ play 32+ MPG? If not we're still in a bit of a pickle. If he can we are already a better team than last year IMO.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. #588

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    #11: Brandon Rush
    #17: Marreese Speights


    Get it done.

    Speights and Rush wouldn't hurt my feeling one bit!

    Hibbert/Koufos and Augustin would just set my mild, easy going, and happy go lucky self postal! Or would that be Bird-al?

  14. #589
    J.O. To The T.O. Oneal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's probably what I'll end up doing too, actually.
    Be Proud to have one. I have 3 Jermaine Jerseys. All Swingman and 1 HS Jersey lol. Knowing the Pacers history, he might end up back here lol
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

  15. #590
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you expect this mess to be all cleaned up in a season?

    Having input and running the show are do entirely different things. I know, no way to prove it though, that Bird and Morway were not in agreement with Walsh the last 2 seasons on the direction things were going. Regardless of what has been said in the media, Donnie ran the show till he left.
    Okay, let's look at the last two years.

    - Drafted Shawne Williams, which Larry happily took credit for.
    - Traded Peja for a cap exemption, widely credited to David Morway.
    - Traded said exemption and 1st rounder for Al. If you wanna blame Donnie for that, fine.
    - Traded Al, Jack, and Cabbage for Ike Murphleavy. Again, blame Donnie if you want, but with Larry's "no BS" policy I would think he wanted to get rid of Jack, and he either wanted Al here, or gone, there's no in between.
    - Hired Jimmy. The man Larry says he was ready to hire after talking on the phone.
    - The summer blockbuster Stanko's Russian Diner. If Larry wasn't behind that, he's really, really good at stepping in front of bullets not meant for him.

    Again, blame Donnie for the GSW trade. But Larry says Mike's untouchable, so that leaves Murphy and Ike. I'll happily concede that Larry had nothing to do with getting them and wants nothing to do with them.

    The only other possibility is trades that didn't happen. Maybe Larry and/or Morway wanted to trade JO for Odom and Kwame or Kwame, Radmanovic and Crittendon or whatever the LA deal was, and Donnie overruled them. Maybe they wanted to trade JO for Jefferson, Kristic and Collins, and Donnie nixed that too. Maybe they wanted to cut Jamaal last year, and Donnie said, "we've got to pay his sorry *** either way, might as well give him one last chance with another coach."

    The point is, we don't know. What we do know is Donnie is gone. There are no more excuses. Larry's in charge, it's his show, which means we start judging him now. Not "in a few years". The line has been moved more than enough already, it needs to stop.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  16. #591
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were up in arms right after this proposed trade started circulating a couple of dayz ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm reading the RealGM Raptors board..and they aren't very happy about it....July 1st can't come soon enough.
    That board's an interesting beast. One of the biggest on RealGM, they have factions there, pretty solidly split along the Jose Calderon/TJ Ford lines.

    I'm not kidding...they are most violent and aggressive against Vince Carter & Nets fans, but within the board, it's like a gang war. They've been having a constant battle between the guys who like Calderon and the guys who like Ford...and if you like one, you hate the other. It reaches incredible heights of silliness. I'm sure the Ford fans are not happy.

    However, the Toronto fans coming over to the Pacer board on RealGM have been pretty good. A lot of them like Ford and think it's a pretty decent trade. Same take as me...balanced risk...bigger upside for Toronto.

  17. #592
    J.O. To The T.O. Oneal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    If we draft a PF, I would love to get rid of Murphy
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

  18. #593
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,285

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    I'm surprised there aren't some more 'angered' people in these threads. Isn't there anyone who will be going "PFFL" on Bird for trading JO? Has JO's support among Pacer fans grew this lukewarm?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  19. #594
    J.O. To The T.O. Oneal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That board's an interesting beast. One of the biggest on RealGM, they have factions there, pretty solidly split along the Jose Calderon/TJ Ford lines.

    I'm not kidding...they are most violent and aggressive against Vince Carter & Nets fans, but within the board, it's like a gang war. They've been having a constant battle between the guys who like Calderon and the guys who like Ford...and if you like one, you hate the other. It reaches incredible heights of silliness. I'm sure the Ford fans are not happy.

    However, the Toronto fans coming over to the Pacer board on RealGM have been pretty good. A lot of them like Ford and think it's a pretty decent trade. Same take as me...balanced risk...bigger upside for Toronto.
    Don't worry about Raptors fan. . .They are just Leafs fan who got tired of watching the Leafs.
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

  20. #595
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    I do think this is the best direction we can go in. I've said all along we need to get a veteran PG in there and now IF we draft a PG, I'm sure they will be put into a good position.

    This trade really causes a little bit of a conundrum in the drafting prospects...

  21. #596
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,285

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The point is, we don't know. What we do know is Donnie is gone. There are no more excuses. Larry's in charge, it's his show, which means we start judging him now. Not "in a few years". The line has been moved more than enough already, it needs to stop.

    I wondered where you were going with all that. ...I couldn't figure out if I was going to agree or disagree...

    But you tied it up nicely, to which I say:



    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  22. #597
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised there aren't some more 'angered' people in these threads. Isn't there anyone who will be going "PFFL" on Bird for trading JO? Has JO's support among Pacer fans grew this lukewarm?

    -Bball
    I don't know what camp you'd put me in, but I think I'd probably fall in as a JO supporter. I just think its time to move on for both JO and us. Its the best for both parties, and I've always been intrigued by Ford, truth be told. I'm excited to watch him play. It was just time. I'm sad to see JO leave in a sense as I really grew intense about the Pacers during the 01 season. I always watched them and followed them and I was a fan, and I never rooted for the BUlls even when all my friends did, but 01 was when I started trying to get my hands on all the Pacers news I could.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #598
    J.O. To The T.O. Oneal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do think this is the best direction we can go in. I've said all along we need to get a veteran PG in there and now IF we draft a PG, I'm sure they will be put into a good position.

    This trade really causes a little bit of a conundrum in the drafting prospects...
    Eh, can you make me a picture with Jermaine in a Raptors Jersey
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

  24. #599
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,513

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised there aren't some more 'angered' people in these threads. Isn't there anyone who will be going "PFFL" on Bird for trading JO? Has JO's support among Pacer fans grew this lukewarm?

    -Bball
    I'm saving my energy for the draft. If we can get two players I want (EJ and Chalmers would be ideal), I can learn to live with this deal.

    I think the better question is, what will you complain about now that JO is in canada?

  25. #600
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo!Sports Reports JO to TOR Trade Agreed To In Principle

    OK, its breaking news on ESPN's front page. Does that make it official enough? The headline is Pacers deal O'Neal to Toronto.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...
    By Major Cold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2039
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 11:43 PM
  2. Ford releases Mock 6.
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 03:39 PM
  3. Chad Ford Mock Draft 4.0
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 12:16 AM
  4. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 5
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 08:27 AM
  5. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 3
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •