Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Jermaine O'Neal heading to Toronto for T.J. Ford, #17 pick. Pacers get Baston, give up pick #41

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Wells: JO to Toronto?

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about a Shawne or Ike + 41 for a high #2 so he could take Greene or DJ White? (Non-garaunteed contracts are nice too)
    Oh how I would love to see DJ White in a Pacers uniform.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Oh how I would love to see DJ White in a Pacers uniform.
    Oops a slip....I meant Hill or White. Green I like a lot...but is not draft material IMPO.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Sloan isn't getting anyone at 23 he can use. How about Ronnie Price/Harpring/#23 for Foster/Shawne? Gives them AK/Korver/Shawne options at the SF -- all three of which are completely different looks. Foster gives them the interior defense they desperately need.

The Magic would have to think about Cook/#22 for Diogu, I would think. It would give them a polished post scorer to complement Superman's raw shotblocking and rebounding, both of which would hide Ike's flaws. Plus it clears a year of Cook off the books for them (key for a team that needs to put something real together before Rashard turns into the biggest albatross in the League) and gives them get a year look at Ike and decide what to do. For us, Cook is water from 18 feet and could be a great 15 mpg player for JOB like Mark Blount was in Boston.

Sonics have to be looking to move that pick. With Durant/Green/#4 they already have a young trio to build around so why not trade for a proven vet? Donyell Marshall/#24 for Foster could work. Something with Ridnour involved would also be nice for us.

Houston would have to love Foster, me thinks. Bobby Jackson/#25 for Jeff would work. Or, to make things even better for us, throw in Aaron Brooks and Shawne on that deal too. A gamble boom/bust pick at 25 isn't doing much for them if they want to contend before the TMac Era ends.

Diogu to Denver for Hunter/pick?

I'm not saying any of these would happen. But they're all feasible options I came up with in about five minutes. I dunno that Bird would trade Jeff for a 20-25 pick. But the point is that he could do so and get us another pick if we really wanted it in multiple ways without needing to take back a bad (IMO) contract to do so.
    i suppose we disagree on feasibility on most of these. i think you come into this draft believing it is craptastic so every GM would be dying to give away their picks. but i tend to think, even in crap draft years, GMs over-value picks by quite a bit. why would anybody give up a late first for diogu? i had trouble trying to think of a team willing to give up an early 2nd rounder for him - and even then why would they when they could try richard hendrix or dj white as undersized 4s (and at no cost)? if diogu was capable of bringing in a first, i would say jump on it. in fact, i thought he could last offseason but i think his value is pretty low at this point. the orlando deal i would think would fall into your "don't collect overpaid, undertalented players" mantra.

the jeff deals (except the seattle/marshall one) seem fairly realistic.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Agreed on Diogu probably. But some teams (Phoenix races to mind) are willing to give up picks pretty easily. Memphis' #28 can't be too difficult to get. Or you trade Diogu for a 2nd Rounder and then package our two 2nd Rounders and Shawne to Jazz for #23 or something.

Like I said, I spent five minutes. All I'm saying is there are other options if we want to get another pick that don't need to involve TJ Ford. GMs like Sam Presti are pretty creative and if we can do adopt that mentality, there are multiple things we can do.

Hell, something like Foster/Tinsley/Diogu/Shawne for Sideshow/Snow/Damon Jones/#19 might even work given Cleveland's desperation.

And if we're really that determined to get picks and build for the future, we really have no use for Jeff anyway.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 06-24-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Agreed on Diogu probably. But some teams (Phoenix races to mind) are willing to give up picks pretty easily. Memphis' #28 can't be too difficult to get. Or you trade Diogu for a 2nd Rounder and then package our two 2nd Rounders and Shawne to Jazz for #23 or something.

Like I said, I spent five minutes. All I'm saying is there are other options if we want to get another pick that don't need to involve TJ Ford. GMs like Sam Presti are pretty creative and if we can do adopt that mentality, there are multiple things we can do.

Hell, something like Foster/Tinsley/Diogu/Shawne for Sideshow/Snow/Damon Jones/#19 might even work given Cleveland's desperation.

And if we're really that determined to get picks and build for the future, we really have no use for Jeff anyway.
    Not sure Cleveland would do that, but I like that trade. It gives a young hustling Big in Andy, a Chalmers/Speight/Lee with the 19, and 2 expiring in Snow and Jones.

Are you reading this Bird? I hope so.

I think the Raptors deal will happen. Raps are just wanting to make sure JO is healthy before agreeing to it

Larry Bird shot down the rumor, but he said the talk with the Raptors was just talk. Which means the deal is going to happen.
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Jermaine O'Neal and the Raptors

So the rumored deal between the Raptors and Pacers lives on, but the Raptors are trying to get a really clear picture of just how ready Jermaine O'Neal is to resume playing basketball. His recent history of injuries has them worried, but not so worried that talks are dead. The word is that this will probably go down, meaning TJ Ford, Rasho Nesterovic, Joey Graham and the 17th pick in Thursday's draft head to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal and maybe one more player.

Everything is hinging upon O'Neal's health, and perhaps the Raptors wanting a little sweeter deal. More on this story as it develops.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9204

So maybe the deal is still alive...
    Last edited by rock747; 06-25-2008 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

I hope you're right
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Everything is hinging upon O'Neal's health, and perhaps the Raptors wanting a little sweeter deal. More on this story as it develops.
    How much sweeter would they want?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Tinsley's a pretty sweet passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    How much sweeter would they want?
    Ike? Shawne?

A 'backup' for an injury prone JO as an insurance policy of sorts (not that they are comparable but at least they get something if JO goes down)...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I'm thinking shawne maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Ike? Shawne?

A 'backup' for an injury prone JO as an insurance policy of sorts (not that they are comparable but at least they get something if JO goes down)...
    Talk about artificial sweetener...I'd have no problem throwing one of them in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Ike?

Ding. He's useless here, anyhow.

I would much rather give up Ike than Shawne...

To quote Def Leppard:
    "Pour some sugar on me"

Let's get this deal done!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9204

So, in their version of it, they are including Joey Graham? Wouldn't it be funny to have the Graham brothers AND the Rush brothers on the roster after the draft?

Wonder if Granger has a brother?

Wonder what "sweetener" they are thinking of. They could pretty much have their choice of anyone but Dun or Granger, you would think. Likely one of the younger, lower salary guys.

I would much rather give up Ike than Shawne...
    From Bird's press conference, he is ready to give up Williams for anything usefull.

JO + Dieneer for Ford + Rasho + Grahm + 17
    This would works for me, It would leave us open to take DJ at 11 and any of the bigs at 17 I would not mind Hibbert there I like what I have heard about Jason Thompson out of Rider also. He is souposed to be a defesive beast.

From Bird's press conference, he is ready to give up Williams for anything usefull.
    I know but Williams is still so young and still has alot of upside. Ike doesn't seem like he is going to pan out. Not here anyway.

If Shawne is what it takes to make this happen, it would be good for the Pacers' PR to see him go with JO, and then of course deal with Tinsley.....

I think it's overpaying, but I also didn't think Graham was coming this way, and he's not that bad, is he? Disappointing compared to what people thought he would be when he was drafted, but still?

I think it's overpaying, but I also didn't think Graham was coming this way, and he's not that bad, is he?
    Better than his brother is...

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    If Shawne is what it takes to make this happen, it would be good for the Pacers' PR to see him go with JO, and then of course deal with Tinsley.....

I think it's overpaying, but I also didn't think Graham was coming this way, and he's not that bad, is he? Disappointing compared to what people thought he would be when he was drafted, but still?
    He had Ike-like numbers 1st two years, then last year it only played in 38 games...I can only account for 12 games lost to injuries, so he probably had 20-30+ DNP-CD's...for what that tells ya.

He is, however, a $2.4mm expiring contract...

Also, the deal as described would have to be consummated in July due to Ford's BYC status.

I hope this happens, although if Shawne is included I'd rather they give us like a future second or something.

#11 and #17 could be a lot of fun to watch next year. Plus, did anyone ever give a good answer to rexnom's Q about the massive expiring? Is there a point where JO's expiring contract would actually be too big to be useful?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?