Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RealGm's latest mock draft

Default RealGm's latest mock draft

this would be interesting

http://www.realgm.com/src_feature/12...f_draft_week)/

1. Derrick Rose
    Point Guard. Memphis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Michael Beasley
    Power Forward. Kansas State

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. O.J. Mayo
    Shooting Guard. USC

4. Jerryd Bayless
    Combo Guard. Arizona

5. Kevin Love
    Power Forward. UCLA

6. Russell Westbrook
    Combo Guard. UCLA

7. D.J. Augustin
    Point Guard. Texas

8. Joe Alexander
    Small Forward. West Virginia

9. Brook Lopez
    Center. Stanford

10. Danilo Gallinari
    Small Forward. Italy

11. Eric Gordon
    Shooting Guard. Indiana

12. Anthony Randolph
    Power Forward. LSU

13. Brandon Rush
    Shooting Guard. Kansas

14. Marreese Speights
    Power Forward. Florida

15. DeAndre Jordan
    Center. Texas A&M

16. Darrell Arthur
    Power Forward. Kansas

17. Kosta Koufos
    Center. Ohio State

18. Donte Greene
    Small Forward. Syracuse

19. J.J. Hickson
    Power Forward. N.C. State

20. Mario Chalmers
    Point Guard. Kansas

21. Robin Lopez
    Forward/Center. Stanford

22. Chris Douglas-Roberts
    Shooting Guard. Memphis

23. Roy Hibbert
    Center. Georgetown

24. Alexis Ajinca
    Center. HTV Hyeres-Toulon

25. Bill Walker
    Small Forward. Kansas State

26. Javale McGee
    Center. Nevada

27. Nicolas Batum
    Small Forward. France

28. J.R. Giddens
    Shooting Guard. New Mexico

29. Ryan Anderson
    Small Forward. California

30. Courtney Lee
    Shooting Guard. Western Kentucky

Sports Logo

Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

From what I can tell from most of the Mock Drafts and what will likely affect who is available to us is who the Knicks and the Clippers pick....both appear to be in the market for SGs....with the Clips in the market for a PG as well. If the Knicks go with a defensive minded SG...they can go for Westbrook or Gordon...whereas if they go a different direction....the Clips can do the same with Westbrook, Gordon or ( as the RealGM Mock suggests ) Augustin. If either team goes for a Non-Guard.....Westbrook or Gordon can fall to us.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what I can tell from most of the Mock Drafts and what will likely affect who is available to us is who the Knicks and the Clippers pick....both appear to be in the market for SGs....with the Clips in the market for a PG as well. If the Knicks go with a defensive minded SG...they can go for Westbrook or Gordon...whereas if they go a different direction....the Clips can do the same with Westbrook, Gordon or ( as the RealGM Mock suggests ) Augustin. If either team goes for a Non-Guard.....Westbrook or Gordon can fall to us.

Could we have another UCLA and IU draft scenario? I'll take the UCLA player again!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Could we have another UCLA and IU draft scenario? I'll take that UCLA player again!
    I would likely take Westbrook over Gordon....but it's obvious that he will be picked before we draft. Gordon...on the other hand....may drop to us IF the Clips go another route.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Why would NY choose a SG when Crawford is arguably their best
    player and should fit pretty well in D'Antoni's system ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah Brown View Post
    I feel teams that are interested in Westbrook are interested in him as a PG not a SG.

This is the first mock I've seen that has Gordon falling to us -- it's something I've been thinking could happen.

And, I think TPTB would pass on him.

Sports Logo

Cuz DW wants to focus on defense and Westbrook fits the bill and hope that he can fill the PG role in the future.

Other than three spots, this is a great mock draft! I say that because it's just like my latest mock except for three picks! (grin)

I keep going back and forth on Gordon falling to us. I think we have a good shot if the Clippers take Augustin.

Plus I think Randolph is in free fall and won't make the lottery because of his bad workouts and borderline Psyche tests. From what I read he doesn't seem to care and is just going though the motions. Give him a bunch of money and he could get worse. Someone will take him on potential though, I just think the lottery teams will take someone more stable.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will die if we take Koufos over Hibbert. Our main weakness is Interior D, so we pass on the 7-2 guy and take the softer Euro big....
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

CableKC-

Ahh, that must be why he hired a head coach who has about as
    much interest in the defensive end of the court as Paul Westhead
    did in his Loyola-Maymount days.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    I will die if we take Koufos over Hibbert. Our main weakness is Interior D, so we pass on the 7-2 guy and take the softer Euro big....
    It appears to me that you have a death wish. (grin0 Why? Because you're going to jump off the roof, or you are going to die if so and so is taken.

Like I told you before, wait until we see how they turn out. It could be a case of you wanting Steve Alford and the Pacers take Reggie Miller. You never really know.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    It appears to me that you have a death wish. (grin0 Why? Because you're going to jump off the roof, or you are going to die if so and so is taken.

Like I told you before, wait until we see how they turn out. It could be a case of you wanting Steve Alford and the Pacers take Reggie Miller. You never really know.
    No I will die. Kosta may be good yes, but he's nothign close to what we need,
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

EJ at #11?! That would be unbelievable.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    I will die if we take Koufos or Hibbert. They both suck.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

CableKC-

Ahh, that must be why he hired a head coach who has about as
    much interest in the defensive end of the court as Paul Westhead
    did in his Loyola-Maymount days.
    I'm getting sick of reading stuff like this. There are legit questions about Obie's system, don't get me wrong, but saying he has no interest in defense is just an ignorant statement. Defense is pretty much all he has talked about since the day he was hired. He even had Tinsley talking about Defense in post game interviews.

Maybe his system doesn't work, or maybe we just have a lot of poor defensive players on the team (hmm... ), but how can you say his commitment to defense is in question... read an interview with him for god's sake.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

Actually, it was me who said the thing about jumping off a building, and I stand by my statement.

I will gladly organize the unruly mob, with pitchforks and torches, to storm Conseco and demand the head of Larry Bird if Kosta Koufos is our pick at 11.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    I'm getting sick of reading stuff like this. There are legit questions about Obie's system, don't get me wrong, but saying he has no interest in defense is just an ignorant statement. Defense is pretty much all he has talked about since the day he was hired. He even had Tinsley talking about Defense in post game interviews.

Maybe his system doesn't work, or maybe we just have a lot of poor defensive players on the team (hmm... ), but how can you say his commitment to defense is in question... read an interview with him for god's sake.
    x2

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I completely agree...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

If Gordon falls to us, that's just fine by me. But I'm still not calling him EJ.

As for Jimmy, actions speak louder than words. Find me a coach who doesn't say defense is a priority. Even Westhead does.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Talk is cheap and means nothing. There are few coaches who do not say the same things, but there are also not many that have the right strategy...even when they have the assets.

...and it's not going to be an excuse that he doesn't have the players to get it done. That's never kept anyone a job or stopped the criticism. Hopefully we pick up some good talent over the next couple weeks...

If Draftexpress is correct in that Seattle actually prefers Brook Lopez to Jerryd Bayless, I think it could create the perfect storm that sends Eric Gordon to the Pacers. Bayless drops to the Knicks who have to take him by the looks of things. Then, it's down to the Clippers, Gordon or Westbrook? If they choose Westbrook, Gordon likely slips to the Pacers.

If the Clippers choose Gordon though, then I think the Bobcats take Westbrook, and the Pacers are probably left with DJ Augustin or someone else.

Mood

I believe he was talking about the Knicks hiring D'Antoni, not the Pacers hiring Obie.

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    I believe he was talking about the Knicks hiring D'Antoni, not the Pacers hiring Obie.
    Egg meet face.

There are 2 instances in this thread where people incorrectly think someone is talking about the Pacers when they are talking about another team.