Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: RealGm's latest mock draft

  1. #1
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default RealGm's latest mock draft

    this would be interesting

    http://www.realgm.com/src_feature/12...f_draft_week)/



    1. Derrick Rose
    Point Guard. Memphis

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Michael Beasley
    Power Forward. Kansas State

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. O.J. Mayo
    Shooting Guard. USC

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4. Jerryd Bayless
    Combo Guard. Arizona

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5. Kevin Love
    Power Forward. UCLA

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6. Russell Westbrook
    Combo Guard. UCLA

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7. D.J. Augustin
    Point Guard. Texas

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8. Joe Alexander
    Small Forward. West Virginia

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    9. Brook Lopez
    Center. Stanford

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10. Danilo Gallinari
    Small Forward. Italy

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11. Eric Gordon
    Shooting Guard. Indiana

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12. Anthony Randolph
    Power Forward. LSU

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    13. Brandon Rush
    Shooting Guard. Kansas

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    14. Marreese Speights
    Power Forward. Florida

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    15. DeAndre Jordan
    Center. Texas A&M

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    16. Darrell Arthur
    Power Forward. Kansas

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    17. Kosta Koufos
    Center. Ohio State

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    18. Donte Greene
    Small Forward. Syracuse

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    19. J.J. Hickson
    Power Forward. N.C. State

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20. Mario Chalmers
    Point Guard. Kansas

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    21. Robin Lopez
    Forward/Center. Stanford

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    22. Chris Douglas-Roberts
    Shooting Guard. Memphis

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    23. Roy Hibbert
    Center. Georgetown

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    24. Alexis Ajinca
    Center. HTV Hyeres-Toulon

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    25. Bill Walker
    Small Forward. Kansas State

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    26. Javale McGee
    Center. Nevada

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    27. Nicolas Batum
    Small Forward. France

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    28. J.R. Giddens
    Shooting Guard. New Mexico

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    29. Ryan Anderson
    Small Forward. California

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    30. Courtney Lee
    Shooting Guard. Western Kentucky

  2. #2
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,943

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    From what I can tell from most of the Mock Drafts and what will likely affect who is available to us is who the Knicks and the Clippers pick....both appear to be in the market for SGs....with the Clips in the market for a PG as well. If the Knicks go with a defensive minded SG...they can go for Westbrook or Gordon...whereas if they go a different direction....the Clips can do the same with Westbrook, Gordon or ( as the RealGM Mock suggests ) Augustin. If either team goes for a Non-Guard.....Westbrook or Gordon can fall to us.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  3. #3

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what I can tell from most of the Mock Drafts and what will likely affect who is available to us is who the Knicks and the Clippers pick....both appear to be in the market for SGs....with the Clips in the market for a PG as well. If the Knicks go with a defensive minded SG...they can go for Westbrook or Gordon...whereas if they go a different direction....the Clips can do the same with Westbrook, Gordon or ( as the RealGM Mock suggests ) Augustin. If either team goes for a Non-Guard.....Westbrook or Gordon can fall to us.

    Could we have another UCLA and IU draft scenario? I'll take the UCLA player again!

  4. #4
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,943

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could we have another UCLA and IU draft scenario? I'll take that UCLA player again!
    I would likely take Westbrook over Gordon....but it's obvious that he will be picked before we draft. Gordon...on the other hand....may drop to us IF the Clips go another route.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #5

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Why would NY choose a SG when Crawford is arguably their best
    player and should fit pretty well in D'Antoni's system ?

  6. #6

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would NY choose a SG when Crawford is arguably their best
    player and should fit pretty well in D'Antoni's system ?
    I feel teams that are interested in Westbrook are interested in him as a PG not a SG.

  7. #7

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    This is the first mock I've seen that has Gordon falling to us -- it's something I've been thinking could happen.

    And, I think TPTB would pass on him.

  8. #8
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,943

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would NY choose a SG when Crawford is arguably their best
    player and should fit pretty well in D'Antoni's system ?
    Cuz DW wants to focus on defense and Westbrook fits the bill and hope that he can fill the PG role in the future.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #9
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,994

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Other than three spots, this is a great mock draft! I say that because it's just like my latest mock except for three picks! (grin)

    I keep going back and forth on Gordon falling to us. I think we have a good shot if the Clippers take Augustin.

    Plus I think Randolph is in free fall and won't make the lottery because of his bad workouts and borderline Psyche tests. From what I read he doesn't seem to care and is just going though the motions. Give him a bunch of money and he could get worse. Someone will take him on potential though, I just think the lottery teams will take someone more stable.

  10. #10
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    I will die if we take Koufos over Hibbert. Our main weakness is Interior D, so we pass on the 7-2 guy and take the softer Euro big....
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  11. #11

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    CableKC-

    Ahh, that must be why he hired a head coach who has about as
    much interest in the defensive end of the court as Paul Westhead
    did in his Loyola-Maymount days.

  12. #12
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,994

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will die if we take Koufos over Hibbert. Our main weakness is Interior D, so we pass on the 7-2 guy and take the softer Euro big....
    It appears to me that you have a death wish. (grin0 Why? Because you're going to jump off the roof, or you are going to die if so and so is taken.

    Like I told you before, wait until we see how they turn out. It could be a case of you wanting Steve Alford and the Pacers take Reggie Miller. You never really know.

  13. #13
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It appears to me that you have a death wish. (grin0 Why? Because you're going to jump off the roof, or you are going to die if so and so is taken.

    Like I told you before, wait until we see how they turn out. It could be a case of you wanting Steve Alford and the Pacers take Reggie Miller. You never really know.
    No I will die. Kosta may be good yes, but he's nothign close to what we need,
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  14. #14
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    EJ at #11?! That would be unbelievable.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  15. #15
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will die if we take Koufos over Hibbert. Our main weakness is Interior D, so we pass on the 7-2 guy and take the softer Euro big....
    I will die if we take Koufos or Hibbert. They both suck.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  16. #16
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,189

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CableKC-

    Ahh, that must be why he hired a head coach who has about as
    much interest in the defensive end of the court as Paul Westhead
    did in his Loyola-Maymount days.
    I'm getting sick of reading stuff like this. There are legit questions about Obie's system, don't get me wrong, but saying he has no interest in defense is just an ignorant statement. Defense is pretty much all he has talked about since the day he was hired. He even had Tinsley talking about Defense in post game interviews.

    Maybe his system doesn't work, or maybe we just have a lot of poor defensive players on the team (hmm... ), but how can you say his commitment to defense is in question... read an interview with him for god's sake.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  17. #17
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,189

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It appears to me that you have a death wish. (grin0 Why? Because you're going to jump off the roof, or you are going to die if so and so is taken.

    Like I told you before, wait until we see how they turn out. It could be a case of you wanting Steve Alford and the Pacers take Reggie Miller. You never really know.

    Actually, it was me who said the thing about jumping off a building, and I stand by my statement.

    I will gladly organize the unruly mob, with pitchforks and torches, to storm Conseco and demand the head of Larry Bird if Kosta Koufos is our pick at 11.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  18. #18
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm getting sick of reading stuff like this. There are legit questions about Obie's system, don't get me wrong, but saying he has no interest in defense is just an ignorant statement. Defense is pretty much all he has talked about since the day he was hired. He even had Tinsley talking about Defense in post game interviews.

    Maybe his system doesn't work, or maybe we just have a lot of poor defensive players on the team (hmm... ), but how can you say his commitment to defense is in question... read an interview with him for god's sake.
    x2

  19. #19
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm getting sick of reading stuff like this. There are legit questions about Obie's system, don't get me wrong, but saying he has no interest in defense is just an ignorant statement. Defense is pretty much all he has talked about since the day he was hired. He even had Tinsley talking about Defense in post game interviews.

    Maybe his system doesn't work, or maybe we just have a lot of poor defensive players on the team (hmm... ), but how can you say his commitment to defense is in question... read an interview with him for god's sake.
    I completely agree...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  20. #20
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    If Gordon falls to us, that's just fine by me. But I'm still not calling him EJ.

    As for Jimmy, actions speak louder than words. Find me a coach who doesn't say defense is a priority. Even Westhead does.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  21. #21
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,458

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Talk is cheap and means nothing. There are few coaches who do not say the same things, but there are also not many that have the right strategy...even when they have the assets.

    ...and it's not going to be an excuse that he doesn't have the players to get it done. That's never kept anyone a job or stopped the criticism. Hopefully we pick up some good talent over the next couple weeks...

  22. #22
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,099

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    If Draftexpress is correct in that Seattle actually prefers Brook Lopez to Jerryd Bayless, I think it could create the perfect storm that sends Eric Gordon to the Pacers. Bayless drops to the Knicks who have to take him by the looks of things. Then, it's down to the Clippers, Gordon or Westbrook? If they choose Westbrook, Gordon likely slips to the Pacers.

    If the Clippers choose Gordon though, then I think the Bobcats take Westbrook, and the Pacers are probably left with DJ Augustin or someone else.

  23. #23
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,078
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm getting sick of reading stuff like this. There are legit questions about Obie's system, don't get me wrong, but saying he has no interest in defense is just an ignorant statement. Defense is pretty much all he has talked about since the day he was hired. He even had Tinsley talking about Defense in post game interviews.

    Maybe his system doesn't work, or maybe we just have a lot of poor defensive players on the team (hmm... ), but how can you say his commitment to defense is in question... read an interview with him for god's sake.
    I believe he was talking about the Knicks hiring D'Antoni, not the Pacers hiring Obie.

  24. #24
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,994

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe he was talking about the Knicks hiring D'Antoni, not the Pacers hiring Obie.
    Egg meet face.

  25. #25
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RealGm's latest mock draft

    There are 2 instances in this thread where people incorrectly think someone is talking about the Pacers when they are talking about another team.

Similar Threads

  1. Chad Ford Mock Draft 4.0
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 12:16 AM
  2. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 7
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 01:46 AM
  3. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 3
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 11:37 AM
  4. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
  5. Top Draft Prospects
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •