Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford Mock 5.0

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Chad Ford Mock 5.0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ckDraft-080617

Knicks go with Westbrook, Bucks with Alexander, Augustin to Pacers...

Default Re: Chad Ford Mock 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knicks go with Westbrook, Bucks with Alexander, Augustin to Pacers...
    It feels disturbingly inevitable.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If this scenario happens we are the Clippers reaching on Gallinari away from Gordon possibly dropping to the Pacers.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I don't see us passing on Randolph to draft Augustin, especially if the plan is to trade JO.

A PF that can handle the ball and run the floor fits in with what JOB wants to do pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    I don't see us passing on Randolph to draft Augustin, especially if the plan is to trade JO.

A PF that can handle the ball and run the floor fits in with what JOB wants to do pretty well.
    Randolph just keeps reminding me of Lamar Odom, which is a very good thing.

Joe Alexander climbing!!

Except for the fact that he's really just a tall small forward. That's basically why we took Shawne Williams. Speights is the guy to replace JO!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Except for the fact that he's really just a tall small forward. That's basically why we took Shawne Williams. Speights is the guy to replace JO!
    That's debatable. He might have the look of a small forward now but give him two more years and about 20 pounds and I'll bet you he'll remind us more of Chris Bosh than Lamar Odom.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    I think Speights and Randolph will both be very good pros, but I like Speights a little bit more too.

Well Westbrook is working out for the Pacers on Thursday, so he does not have a gurantee in the top ten. Also, the Pacers are working out Koufus for the second time, he may be part of a draft day deal.

I'd be a little disappointed if we took Augustin ahead of Randolph. Not that I don't think Augustin will be a solid pro, but I think Randolph has a much higher ceiling, and Indiana could be the perfect situation for him. If we keep JO, there's basically 0 pressure on him, and he can just take his time and develop for two seasons.

In my honest opinion, the Knicks will decide who the Pacers draft. If the Knicks go with Gallinari, which may be the reason he's staying in the draft, or Alexander, then the Pacers are guaranteed to pick Westbrook. If the Knicks go with either Gordon or Westbrook, then it's Jordan or Augustine. I hope for the former, because Westbrook will be the better player.

Just curious, for those of you wanting Randolph, have you seen him
    play in a game situation ? More than once ?

Yes. If you really wanted to ask that question, you'd ask it to DeAndre Jordan fans. Aside from his 4 dunks on youtube, I doubt you'll find much.

Anthony Randolph's handles are amazing for a big man, and he runs the floor like a guard. I don't ever see him being a master of the low post, but with his ability to handle and drive at the rim, he won't have to.

I'm not a good enough judge of basketball talent to say who's better than who. And since experts have passed on players that turned out great, it's my observation that no one can predict with any certainty who's going to be good, let alone great.

This year much more than any other because of the thread, 'Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center,' started by intridcold, I've paid more attention to the draft. My problem is the more I read the dumber I get. I say that because virtually everyone sounds good.

I've reached the point where the only players I don't want Bird to draft are small forwards, and the top 3 small forwards sound very good indeed.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I'm not a good enough judge of basketball talent to say who's better than who. And since experts have passed on players that turned out great, it's my observation that no one can predict with any certainty who's going to be good, let alone great.

This year much more than any other because of the thread, 'Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center,' started by intridcold, I've paid more attention to the draft. My problem is the more I read the dumber I get. I say that because virtually everyone sounds good.

I've reached the point where the only players I don't want Bird to draft are small forwards, and the top 3 small forwards sound very good indeed.

Yes.

The more I read about players the harder it is to decide on who would be the best. Usually I think no matter where you pick in the draft it is somewhat easy to narrow it down but this year it seems more difficult.

At one time I said Westbrook was the guy to take. A part of me still feels that way. Then again i'm thinking Westbrook probably won't be a legit starter every year more like an Antonio Daniels (nothing wrong with that either) and so then I feel he isn't the guy. He is more of a safe pick that would defiantly fill a need. And for the most part I don't like to see teams draft based on need in the NBA. I think it's a bad idea.

It will be very interesting to see who the Pacers go with for sure. It will be a tough decision. Maybe its just me but I think this draft seems to have so many guys on the same level it's very difficult to judge who will go where compared to other drafts.

This draft is very exciting to me because it does seem to have a lot of players that would help the pacers in the near future. I think that might be more a statement about the state of the team though! If any team could use new blood it is the pacers and this is the start! I hope we can get Westbrook if we go small because he is more versatile then D.J. Augustin. If we do not get Westbrook I hope we go big with Kosta Koufos or Marreese Speights. I just do not see Anthony Randolph being available at 11. I am also worried about how slight of build Randolph is. He may have more upside but you are going to need to wait longer for him to develop. I really like Joe Alexander though and would be ok with the pacers drafting him and trading Granger, Dunleavy or Williams. I hope this is the start of building some exciement for next year and I hope that more than just the 11th pick is going to happen on the 26th.

Lets draft Joe Alexander then trade our leading scorer from last season away because he plays the same position.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    Well Westbrook is working out for the Pacers on Thursday, so he does not have a gurantee in the top ten. Also, the Pacers are working out Koufus for the second time, he may be part of a draft day deal.
    Is Koufus coming in Thursday too, for the second time. I haven't read that anywhere, but thats a pretty big indicator if he is the only 2nd timer they've brought in.

He's intriguing, never an all star, but some toughness away from a starting Center who can be really valuable. Of course he's 19 and I'm projecting, but he seems like one of those doubles that this team needs to hit.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I SO hope you are right with regards to taking Randolph instead of Augustin. The mention of maybe drafting Kosta Koufos still me.

Btw that picture of Thompson in that article
    Last edited by Mourning; 06-18-2008 at 06:49 AM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    I SO hope you are right with regards to taking Randolph instead of Augustin.
    Me too! But it does make sense, right? I know Augustin might be the best PG available, and he's got some talent, but so does Diener. I think Augustin will be better than Diener, but I think he'll never be a starter for a contender, whereas Randolph could be, and assuming we're stuck with Tinsley, it would give him someone with the athleticism to pass to on a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

I've thought for some time that based on where you'll be picking, if you go "best player available" you'd be getting a SF. It's one reason why I think you either need to trade up to about 7 or down to about 20. In one case you can get Gordon who, while there are issues, is still a big talent, or down to get a solid SG.

We'll see how it plays out - or maybe Augustin will be better than I think he'll be.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Please, no Koufous. He's a soft, Okur-like, face-up PF.
    He might be worth having in O'B's system if we weren't already
    paying Murphy about $10mil a year to fill essentially that role.

If they happen to trade out of #11 down into the mid-upper-teens,
    while there's been no mention of him, I wouldn't totally count out Brook
    Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGrangerPwrRanger View Post
    Lets draft Joe Alexander then trade our leading scorer from last season away because he plays the same position.

I agree with you, but on the other hand what could Granger packaged with another player bring back to the Pacers? A quality starting PG that plays "D"? Another player plus maybe a pick.

If the Pacers trade either Granger or Dun, I'd hope it would be Dun. I'm not sure Dun can duplicate the past season he had, and getting his contract gone would be nice. If the Pacers could break up his contract into a couple of players with less years at positions of need, then Dun is the one to go. I don't see his upside as great as Granger's, nor him ever being a better player that Granger.

I will be insanely happy if Portland drafts Rush.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Augustin and Koufos. Oh joy!!!

There has to be something going on in the trade department with them looking at Koufos.

Small and fast and big and slow. What a great combination for an NBA player.
    If this is the direction of the Pacers in Birds tenure I hope it is a short tenure.
    It will take a lot of convincing to get me on board with these two.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-