Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 105 of 105

Thread: Pacers.com: Bird hints at possible moves in NBA Draft

  1. #101
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    7,984

    Default Re: Pacers.com: Bird hints at possible moves in NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    What? What else would he be. He's got a great outside shot, he's quick enough to be put on Curry during the tourney and fair alright, and he basically played the perimeter all the time for KS. It just happened that KS ran a lot of 3 guard sets, often with 2 PGs which let Chalmers roam more for his own shot and kept a ton of speed on the court.

    Rush is more classic NBA SG than Westbrook is IMO. My issue is just that I don't think he's top 11 skilled as a SG.
    I suppose, if he can guard twos is all I was concerned about. I was just wondering if he was more of a 3, who maybe didn't have the foot speed to guard shooting guards. We have enough of those players.

  2. #102
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599

    Default Re: Pacers.com: Bird hints at possible moves in NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are the Utah Jazz flawed beyond belief?
    How many championships have they won?

    I would much, much, much rather my 5 be able to rebound, defend, and score on the block than be able to shoot outside.

    If I can't create an open three point shoot for my 1 or my 2 or my 3 or two of the three can't hit it, then yes, I have a severely flawed team.

    If I have to pull my best rebounder, my best post player, out away from the basket, yes, I have a severely flawed team.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  3. #103
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    4,999

    Default Re: Pacers.com: Bird hints at possible moves in NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, that was the greatest Shaq commercial ever. Remember it? Might have been Taco Bell or something. It was 5 Shaqs vs. 5 Shaqs, and everything one guy did the opposing guy did. Crazy passes, trick shots, threes, dunks, etc.

    Commercial ends with the camera panning out and the announcer says "Looks like we're going to have to settle this with free throws!"

    Anybody remember that?
    As he turns to the camera with a wide-eyed look. Yes, I remember that.

  4. #104
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Pacers.com: Bird hints at possible moves in NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As he turns to the camera with a wide-eyed look. Yes, I remember that.
    So I'm not crazy. Do you remember the product? I tried finding the commercial, but I couldn't.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #105
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers.com: Bird hints at possible moves in NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I'm not crazy. Do you remember the product? I tried finding the commercial, but I couldn't.
    I thought that it was Powerade, because I do remember Shaq being a Powerade guy back then.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Similar Threads

  1. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 4
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 08:33 PM
  2. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 3
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 11:37 AM
  3. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
  4. The PD NBA Draft
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
  5. Top Draft Prospects
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •