Thread: The Official "Who do we lose to Charlotte" thread

Default The Official "Who do we lose to Charlotte" thread

Okay, now that we've heard that Reggie's protected, it's safe to assume the above names are the ones available to Charlotte. Everyone seems to think that there's no chance in hell we'll lose Austin or Pollard, so it comes down to PB, AJ, or JJ. Or, maybe we'll luck out and not lose any of them, either due to Charlotte not being interested, or (more likely) us paying the Bobcats off.

There's been a lot of posturing and back-and-forth over who we'll lose. Here's everyone's shot to not only vote above, but post below on who they think is heading to NC (or elsewhere through Charlotte-based trade) the middle of next week.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Default Re: The Official "Who do we lose to Charlotte" thread

Peanut Butter. I've been saying for a long time that if he was unprotected, he was gone. Which, to those of us who saw him in the preseason, is very depressing.

Nobody. If anyone, Primoz. But I doubt it.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Mood

Primoz.

PB 14, None 3, everybody else 0.

Hmm, guess everyone saying AJ must not be on today.

Chambizzle

Guys,

Can I really ask what is the big deal about Primoz? Can anyone else on this team get anymore hype (besides Bender)? I mean I haven't seen him do anything worth wanting to keep him.

If you have... Please share the wonderful things I've missed.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Primoz Brezec

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

IF AVAILABLE and I find it hard to believe he would be, AJ. Think about it. One of the TOP reserves from the team that won 61 games and went to the ECF. Young, short contract, and not that expensive. Again, IF AVAILABLE, it's AJ.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

IF AVAILABLE and I find it hard to believe he would be, AJ. Think about it. One of the TOP reserves from the team that won 61 games and went to the ECF. Young, short contract, and not that expensive. Again, IF AVAILABLE, it's AJ.
    If the Pacers thought it would be AJ they would have him opt out and then resign with them. He hasn't opted out so . . .

Mood

good point...so far
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

If the Pacers thought it would be AJ they would have him opt out and then resign with them. He hasn't opted out so . . .
    Agreed, however I am starting to wonder......

No precautions were taken with signing Reggie (1 yr instead of 2 + option would've settled the matter, the 1 could've been for a a player-option plus1 or something like that, sure there are loopholes you can create)
    No opting out and re-signing for AJ, simple precautions.
    The whispers of Cro being protected mean that IF they protected Reggie, something I find hard to believe, they left Fred Jones unprotected??
    Geezer: the list on there is useless; it includes players with no contract

In all honesty, I have not (yet) lost the plot, but..... am getting awkward feelings here.

Somethig is brewing, and not Jamison, we might indeed only see 2 of the same starters back as such next year.

Thw waiting is excruciating and horrible, wish they make do and get it over with, that way we can start discusssing what could've been and why we hate (or love) the "new" Pacers, how far we'd get, do we improve reg season, post season, pre-season and so on

BTW IF Fred is unprotected then a deal is in place to protect him.

BLAH: I want to KNOW!

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Able...down at the bottom of the list it states that $0 means the guy is a free agent...so I accepted that and figured they were unavailable.

I still think Reg is protected and Cro is not. I also have this nasty feeling that nothing is brewing and isn't likely to either. We went to the ECF and could have easily won. Therefore with this team (and salary) we could be in the drivers seat with a championship in sight. DW's MO has always been to sit tight and let the team grow to it's potential. Now unless there are "issues" behind the scenes that would mean no changes. We've heard that Al wants more time, but was it a demand? WE HAVE speculated about Artest issues but we don't really know. WHat we do know is that we should be in Detroit's position right now.

(We also know that the teams around us won';t be sitting still but...)

Able...down at the bottom of the list it states that $0 means the guy is a free agent...so I accepted that and figured they were unavailable.

I still think Reg is protected and Cro is not. I also have this nasty feeling that nothing is brewing and isn't likely to either. We went to the ECF and could have easily won. Therefore with this team (and salary) we could be in the drivers seat with a championship in sight. DW's MO has always been to sit tight and let the team grow to it's potential. Now unless there are "issues" behind the scenes that would mean no changes. We've heard that Al wants more time, but was it a demand? WE HAVE speculated about Artest issues but we don't really know. WHat we do know is that we should be in Detroit's position right now.

(We also know that the teams around us won';t be sitting still but...)
    ooops missed the note on the bottom.

As for brewing or not, logic tells me they will trade Al, depending on the offers this will filled out to whatever to get us a major shooter. or at least a talent for that position which can contri straight away but might need some time before he becomes super.

Without some form of proof, I do not believe the talks about Ron, they are coming from one source only and a problem that big that it allows for trading one of the best players in the NBA is not something you are likely to keep a complete secret.

But this is all logic and sometimes logic is not exactly what occurs, in the end that is what defines logic

Also featuring in is the moment, the time and the occasion make the opportunity.
    With that I mean: only this year does it look that there are a number of so-called legit superstars are available in a trade, not a signing only. (the moment/occasion) and with our run this year the Pacers are established as an elite team and therefore a legit option for a superstar to want to go to (the moment/occasion/opportunity)
    Add to that the fact we have enough legit young talent to leave the team that has to say goodbye with something more then a Scott Pollard token and the times are getting weird indeed.
    Feeding into what you say: we will only do something that is VERY interesting to the Pacers, we hold a lot of cards and whether we trade AL + JB plus something for TMac, or trade only Al for f.i. Q-Rich or J-Rich and filler is something that is dictated by the opportunity and the moment.
    But opportunity seems to be knocking on our door, perhaps taking a look is what's causing my ill at ease feeling.

Mood

I go back to what you said earlier:

"BLAH: I want to KNOW!" That pretty well sums it up.

Guys,

Can I really ask what is the big deal about Primoz? Can anyone else on this team get anymore hype (besides Bender)? I mean I haven't seen him do anything worth wanting to keep him.

If you have... Please share the wonderful things I've missed.
    If it wasn't for all the iterations of this board over the last year, I'd point you back to the post I wrote about the pre-preseason scrimmage for season ticket holders.

Picking up my notebook, and turning to my notes from it, the final thing I jotted down was:

Primoz earning PT, boards, blocks, great post moves
    Those who saw him in the preseason were very impressed. He just had way too many guys in front of him. There was talk around the trade deadline that Dallas wanted him.

On a side note, flipping through my old notes is pretty funny. For instance, our first regular season home game, my first note is:

Pollard less hops than Brad, bad hands
    Didn't know that'd be it for the season.