Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Croshere

  1. #1
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,349
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Croshere

    Would anybody else like to see Austin resigned by the p's this offseason? He'd be a decent backup and i think he could do well in JOB's offense...and for anyone who remembers, was he a good defender? The only reason i ask this is becuase he is a free agent.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

  2. #2
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere

    Vet minimum twelfth man? Sure, why not, but I wouldn't be too excited either.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #3

    Default Re: Croshere

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would anybody else like to see Austin resigned by the p's this offseason? He'd be a decent backup and i think he could do well in JOB's offense...and for anyone who remembers, was he a good defender? The only reason i ask this is becuase he is a free agent.
    He's actually back in town. I saw him on Friday at the Jack Johnson Show at Verizon. I think he still resides here---not very exciting, but a fan favorite from we've had in the past.

  4. #4
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Croshere

    His wife is from here so it wouldn't be surprising to find him around town in the off season.

  5. #5
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Croshere

    I wouldn't mind having him back at all.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  6. #6
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Croshere

    I see no reason why, except at the vet-minimum.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  7. #7
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere

    I don't see how he'd do a thing to make our team better. But seriously:

    PG Head
    SG Rush
    SF Austin
    PF Stanko
    C Phucka

    =2009 NBA champions
    Last edited by idioteque; 06-16-2008 at 04:40 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Croshere

    Yawn....

  9. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Croshere

    maybe as an assistant coach or something, but we have Murphy and I dont see why we need two players who play the same (Murphy is better though) really i'm not convinced we need one player like that

  10. #10
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,349
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere

    so UB, does that mean he doesn't play good defense, since you say he is similar to murphy? I cant remember much about him. just remember that he was a fan favorite.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

  11. #11

    Default Re: Croshere

    I see no need for Croshere. I'd rather give the spot and money to someone, like a Gerald Green, who might possibly turn into something. Someone that could turn into a rotational player for the future

    Notice I said "someone like". I'd rather take a chance for the money on a former 2nd round pick, D leaguer, a player who has not found a niche with the right team, someone not drafted(ex: George Hill), etc for a 12 spot. Diener for the money wasn't a bad sign. Neither was Graham if he could get some PT.

  12. #12
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Croshere

    He's not a need, but he'd be a good non-rotation guy to have as a veteran presence and a former fan favorite.

  13. #13
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere

    the only reason id re-sign him would be to be a mentor to the younger guys.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  14. #14

    Default Re: Croshere

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how he'd do a thing to make our team better. But seriously:

    PG Head
    SG Rush
    SF Austin
    PF Stanko
    C Phucka

    =2009 NBA champions

    I'd like that for the simple fact our backcourt could be called the Headrush. I'm with most others here though. I wouldn't mind seeing Austin back either, but if there are more productive ways we could fill out our bench, that would be my preference.

  15. #15
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere

    I'd rather get a banger as our third string PF who will just rebound, play solid D, and give tough fouls. Who that player is? I don't know, but there's no need to have add a poor man's Murphy to this team.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Croshere

    I'd take Croshere back for the vet min. He still lives in Indy during the off-season on Geist and I'm sure would welcome a return to Indy. If anything, he's going to give us a veteran leader in the locker room, something that seems to be lacking since Reggie left. Do I expect him to come in and give us 10 and 8 a night? No, but I think he cold give us a few minutes occasionally and at least help some of the younger guys. Perhaps he could transition into a coach in he next few years as he has aspirations of working for the Pacers once he is done playing?

  17. #17
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,249

    Default Re: Croshere

    Cro is a nice backup and helps to stretch the defense and is solid at the line. He's far more valuable than a number of players we currently have on the roster. If we go small in the draft, he would be a great pickup.

  18. #18
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Croshere

    Isn't Cro a "charcter guy"? Why would we need one of those?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  19. #19
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see no need for Croshere. I'd rather give the spot and money to someone, like a Gerald Green, who might possibly turn into something. Someone that could turn into a rotational player for the future

    Notice I said "someone like". I'd rather take a chance for the money on a former 2nd round pick, D leaguer, a player who has not found a niche with the right team, someone not drafted(ex: George Hill), etc for a 12 spot. Diener for the money wasn't a bad sign. Neither was Graham if he could get some PT.
    My thoughts exactly.... I'd rather the spot go to someone else that has a chance to help us in the future or at least someone that is an unknown commodity. Cro is a known commodity and doesn't help this team in any way other then being an emotional crutch for some of the fan base.

    It's time to seriously move on...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  20. #20
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,264
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere

    I'll take the positive view that he'd be perfect as an 10-12 man. We have enough youngsters that expect increased playing time. Cro could come in with the understanding of lessend minutes and you KNOW he'd be ready whenever called upon.

    I very much favor bringing him in.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  21. #21
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere

    If we ever got Croshere back, there is no way he should be in the rotation ahead of Shawne or even Diogu.

  22. #22
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Croshere

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't Cro a "charcter guy"? Why would we need one of those?
    Same reason we shouldn't go sign Damon Bailey.

    Besides "character," we also need "talent."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  23. #23
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Re: Croshere

    a poor man's troy murphy?

    whats the point?
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  24. #24

    Default Re: Croshere

    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the only reason id re-sign him would be to be a mentor to the younger guys.
    Yes, because he did such a good job mentoring Artest, Tinsley, and Jackson

  25. #25
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Croshere

    I don't remember Crosh ever being a fan fav. Didn't we all ***** about his contract, health, lack of speed & lack of "D" for 5 years?

Similar Threads

  1. 07-08 Random NBA thoughts episode IV: A New Season
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1109
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
  2. What if Croshere were still here?
    By McKeyFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 09:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •