I saw a thread about e-mails from JOB and the nice PR pieces that have been running in the paper. These are all steps in the right direction, aimed at increasing the fan base. The draft party is another step in the right direction. It's not an original concept. Apparently other teams do it and have been doing it for years (at the very least, the Grizzlies and T-Wolves are doing it). But I give them credit for starting what should be a tradition each year.

The Pacers might be scouting the web sites of other teams to see how they do the PR thing. Not a bad thing to do! There are a number of additional things that can be done to win back the fans, besides the obvious move to improve the team during the off-season. For example, the T-Wolves have offered some season ticket packages for lower level seats at $20/game. These are mostly in what what would be sections 19, 20 and 1 and 2 at Conseco, but I'd guess many would jump at such an offer. Other teams have some other very creative ticket packages available for half-season and full-season. I know that some PD'ers have participated in focus groups that have provided info which could help win back the fans, but I hope the PR and other departments will continue to evolve and keep up their efforts to pack the house again.