Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Anyone in the Indy Area with DirecTV HD Package and no HD Antenna......

Default Re: For Anyone in the Indy Area with DirecTV HD Package and no HD Antenna......

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I think mine is always set to all channels anyway since the "Channels I get" list is total crap.

I created a custom one to get rid of all the garbage channels on mine.

I just confirmed... thumbs up on channel 8 HD.
    Last edited by Twes; 06-11-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Default Re: For Anyone in the Indy Area with DirecTV HD Package and no HD Antenna......

So... now what about WTTV-DT?

...Altho I have to admit without IU or the Pacers I don't worry as much about TTV4 HD.

Altho I get the regular OTA ch 4 just fine, I cannot receive the digital signal.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    So... now what about WTTV-DT?

...Altho I have to admit without IU or the Pacers I don't worry as much about TTV4 HD.

Altho I get the regular OTA ch 4 just fine, I cannot receive the digital signal.

-Bball
    I couldn't tell you a single program on there since the Pacers dropped off.

Does it matter?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thank goodness!

When we switched to DirecTV back in February, I was promised WISH in HD. But obviously not. I was hoping this would be done before the Colts start the season.

YAY FOR DIRECTV!

Mood

I've got two HR21-700s, I didn't reset unless they did it automatically.

Not like there's anything worth watching until football season on that channel anyway though...
    How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory re-runs, dude.

:P

teY dennaB toN

Little known secret before we actually got the CBS-HD feed....

You could go to the Sports Mix channel (something like 104), and if CBS was showing up on there, you could select it and you would miraculously get the HD feed of the program.

It only worked going through the sports mix channel however.

Sucks I didn't figure it out until after March Madness since all CBS has in HD sports-related is golf.

Oh well, doesn't make a difference now.

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory re-runs, dude.

:P

I've heard HIMYM was a good show. I generally don't watch much outside sports and history channel crap. The exceptions recently have been The Office, Lost, 24, Sopranos, and Deadwood.

I may have to give HIMYM a chance now...

Little known secret before we actually got the CBS-HD feed....

You could go to the Sports Mix channel (something like 104), and if CBS was showing up on there, you could select it and you would miraculously get the HD feed of the program.

It only worked going through the sports mix channel however.

Sucks I didn't figure it out until after March Madness since all CBS has in HD sports-related is golf.

Oh well, doesn't make a difference now.
    SOmething else I didn't know until a guy at work told me. You can get crystal clear HD on plain ordinary rabbit ears.

I hooked them up and did the channel search and bam, I could get all three networks.

Of course they lead you to believe you have to buy special HD antennas.

*******s.

Mood

I've heard HIMYM was a good show. I generally don't watch much outside sports and history channel crap. The exceptions recently have been The Office, Lost, 24, Sopranos, and Deadwood.

I may have to give HIMYM a chance now...
    Before this past fall, I never watched network television. Then FOX made that Terminator show. Watched that. Then I decided to give The Office a try, loved it. I am a big fan of the band Barenaked Ladies, and I heard they were doing a theme song for a new show on CBS, so I just wanted to watch the show for the theme, I loved the show, which was The Big Bang Theory.

Since I am at work on Monday evenings, I just leave the TV on whatever channel I was watching, and HIMYM came on and it became an instant hit.

Network TV isn't that bad if you just watch it on Monday and Thursday evenings.

Also Try:

My Name Is Earl

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Twes View Post
    SOmething else I didn't know until a guy at work told me. You can get crystal clear HD on plain ordinary rabbit ears.

I hooked them up and did the channel search and bam, I could get all three networks.

Of course they lead you to believe you have to buy special HD antennas.

*******s.
    Of course, all you needed is a TV that has a digital tuner built-in to it.

...As long as you are in range of the TV transmitters/antennas.

Also, pay attention to UHF and VHF. If the stations you want to get broadcast on the VHF band then getting a UHF ant will be next to pointless... or vice versa. Most of the digital broadcasts are on the UHF band altho IIRC WISH TV uses ch 9 (VHF) for their digital broadcast.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I live in an area historically where it was very difficult to get low def signal for the networks on monster antenna let alone rabbit ears.

I was shocked when I was able to pull in the high def channels on that thing.

The only reason I was messing with it was for the basketball tournament.

I live in an area historically where it was very difficult to get low def signal for the networks on monster antenna let alone rabbit ears.

I was shocked when I was able to pull in the high def channels on that thing.

The only reason I was messing with it was for the basketball tournament.

Keep in mind that HD is a digital transmission. IOW- All or nothing. You won't get a snowy HD picture. You either lock on and it's great or you can't get a lock so it's nothing or a picture that breaks up in digital blocks (tiling, pixelation, etc). As long as the signal strength is good enough for a lock, you'll get a crystal clear picture. There will never be snow (even if the signal is weak and you keep losing a lock on the channel)... There will never be snow unless you are watching a show with a scene in the snow I should say!

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Keep in mind that HD is a digital transmission. IOW- All or nothing. You won't get a snowy HD picture. You either lock on and it's great or you can't get a lock so it's nothing or a picture that breaks up in digital blocks (tiling, pixelation, etc). As long as the signal strength is good enough for a lock, you'll get a crystal clear picture. There will never be snow (even if the signal is weak and you keep losing a lock on the channel)... There will never be snow unless you are watching a show with a scene in the snow I should say!

-Bball
    Right. Exactly.

That is why I have trouble understanding some of the outrageous HDMI cable prices.

It's a digital signal. You either have it or you don't. I bought heavy reasonably priced cables from monoprice after buying some fairly expensive garbage from wal mart and returning it.