Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Anyone in the Indy Area with DirecTV HD Package and no HD Antenna......

teY dennaB toN

Default For Anyone in the Indy Area with DirecTV HD Package and no HD Antenna......

Good news - It looks like WISH (CBS) and WNDY (old UPN-don't know what the hell it is now) are FINALLY going to be broadcast in HD.

http://lintv.com/news/images/PDFs/ne...-%206-9-08.pdf

LIN TV and DIRECTV Announce Retrans Agreement for HD Signals
    PROVIDENCE, RI/EL SEGUNDO, CA, June 9, 2008 – LIN TV Corp. (NYSE: TVL), a local television and digital media company, and DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading satellite television service provider, today announced they have entered into an agreement for the retransmission of LIN TV’s broadcast stations in both analog and high-definition. The deal covers television stations owned and/or operated by LIN TV in 15 markets.

The retransmission agreement includes: KRQE-TV, KASA-TV (Albuquerque); KXAN-TV, KNVA-TV and KBVO-TV (Austin); WIVB-TV and WNLO-TV (Buffalo); WDTN-TV (Dayton); WANE-TV (Ft. Wayne); WOOD-TV, WOTV-TV, WXSP-CA (Grand Rapids); WLUK-TV (Green Bay); WTNH-TV and WCTX-TV (Hartford-New Haven); WISH-TV and WNDY-TV (Indianapolis); WALA-TV and WBPG-TV (Mobile); WAVY-TV and WVBT-TV (Norfolk); WPRI-TV and WNAC-TV (Providence); WWLP-TV (Springfield) and WUPW-TV (Toledo).

“We are pleased with the outcome of our negotiations,” said Vincent L. Sadusky, president and chief executive officer of LIN TV Corp. “Our stations are leaders in their markets and we’ve made substantial investments to bring our viewers high definition digital programming. The agreement reflects fair value to both parties and is in the best interest of the consumer.”

“With this agreement, DIRECTV will continue to enhance its industry leading HD offer, enabling us to add more HD channels in existing DIRECTV HD local markets and set the stage for roll out of more HD local channels this fall,” said Dan Hartman, senior vice president, Programming, DIRECTV, Inc. “We’re extremely happy with this agreement that is both beneficial for our business and our customers.”

Default Re: For Anyone in the Indy Area with DirecTV HD Package and no HD Antenna......

That's good to hear. Now I could at least hypothetically move my parents over to HD. Of course, considering how hard it was for my dad to get used to a new computer, I don't know how he'd handle switching from Tivo to DirecTV's new DVR.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Default Re: For Anyone in the Indy Area with DirecTV HD Package and no HD Antenna......

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good news - It looks like WISH (CBS) and WNDY (old UPN-don't know what the hell it is now) are FINALLY going to be broadcast in HD.

http://lintv.com/news/images/PDFs/ne...-%206-9-08.pdf

LIN TV and DIRECTV Announce Retrans Agreement for HD Signals
    PROVIDENCE, RI/EL SEGUNDO, CA, June 9, 2008 – LIN TV Corp. (NYSE: TVL), a local television and digital media company, and DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading satellite television service provider, today announced they have entered into an agreement for the retransmission of LIN TV’s broadcast stations in both analog and high-definition. The deal covers television stations owned and/or operated by LIN TV in 15 markets.

The retransmission agreement includes: KRQE-TV, KASA-TV (Albuquerque); KXAN-TV, KNVA-TV and KBVO-TV (Austin); WIVB-TV and WNLO-TV (Buffalo); WDTN-TV (Dayton); WANE-TV (Ft. Wayne); WOOD-TV, WOTV-TV, WXSP-CA (Grand Rapids); WLUK-TV (Green Bay); WTNH-TV and WCTX-TV (Hartford-New Haven); WISH-TV and WNDY-TV (Indianapolis); WALA-TV and WBPG-TV (Mobile); WAVY-TV and WVBT-TV (Norfolk); WPRI-TV and WNAC-TV (Providence); WWLP-TV (Springfield) and WUPW-TV (Toledo).

“We are pleased with the outcome of our negotiations,” said Vincent L. Sadusky, president and chief executive officer of LIN TV Corp. “Our stations are leaders in their markets and we’ve made substantial investments to bring our viewers high definition digital programming. The agreement reflects fair value to both parties and is in the best interest of the consumer.”

“With this agreement, DIRECTV will continue to enhance its industry leading HD offer, enabling us to add more HD channels in existing DIRECTV HD local markets and set the stage for roll out of more HD local channels this fall,” said Dan Hartman, senior vice president, Programming, DIRECTV, Inc. “We’re extremely happy with this agreement that is both beneficial for our business and our customers.”
    Yesssssssssss.

Bring on the pigskin.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    That's good to hear. Now I could at least hypothetically move my parents over to HD. Of course, considering how hard it was for my dad to get used to a new computer, I don't know how he'd handle switching from Tivo to DirecTV's new DVR.
    I'm about ready to throw my TiVo out the window so if you want to start with me first then you can tell dad "Jeez if she can figure it out so can you."

Finally!

I'd like to add tho- If Directv would've continued to offer OTA tuners in their new HD receivers/DVRs then this would've been much less of an issue for me.

And the fact is- I STILL would like to have an OTA tuner integrated into the Directv HD DVR system. I know one has been talked about but it's mostly been vaporware during the time I was following it (and watching release dates come and go). Maybe it's finally out now but with college bball and the NFL wrapped up I haven't worried about the OTA tuner as much.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I'm about ready to throw my TiVo out the window so if you want to start with me first then you can tell dad "Jeez if she can figure it out so can you."
    What could cause you to want to throw a TiVo out the window?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    What could cause you to want to throw a TiVo out the window?
    After recording a show if I stop watching it more times than not TiVo goes back to the beginning and not where I stopped watching. It didn't used to do that.

It should be noted, she's got that crappy DirecTV Tivo that they don't support or update.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

teY dennaB toN

CBS is up and running as of today......

And I just literally threw in the trash 2 directv tivos. Oops.

Did you have to reset your receivers?

I'll look for that tonight.

teY dennaB toN

I've got two HR21-700s, I didn't reset unless they did it automatically.

Not like there's anything worth watching until football season on that channel anyway though...

I've got two HR21-700s, I didn't reset unless they did it automatically.

Not like there's anything worth watching until football season on that channel anyway though...
    Exactly.

I've got 2 HR21's as well.

teY dennaB toN

Should be good to go

Are you sure you're not my alternate personality?

My head aches

Should be good to go

Are you sure you're not my alternate personality?

My head aches
    I've NEVER been sure of that (not being).

Do you want me to take an Imitrex?

teY dennaB toN

Whatever makes the voices quiet down.

That's what you take.

Just drive a 3" galvanized nail through your ear canal. I find that helps relieve the drifters of their head aches.......Actually all of their aches.

Make sure its galvanized though, you don't want any rusting.

Whatever makes the voices quiet down.

That's what you take.

I take what I have.

Imitrex, Excedrine, Vicodin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    Just drive a 3" galvanized nail through your ear canal. I find that helps relieve the drifters of their head aches.......Actually all of their aches.

Make sure its galvanized though, you don't want any rusting.

WHAT?

I TRIED IT.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU. WHY ARE YOU WHISPERING.

You didn't use big enough nail, better go with a 6 inch yard spike.

Speaking of nails in head......

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...survivor_N.htm

Nail-in-skull survivor: 'It never really hurt'

SHAWNEE, Kan. (AP) — George Chandler says he didn't know a 2½-inch nail was driven into his skull until his buddy spotted it stuck through his cap.
    Chandler said he felt only a sting.
    "It never did really what you call hurt," the Shawnee man said Wednesday on NBC's "Today."
    Chandler said his friend Phil Kern was using a nail gun to mount lattice on Chandler's deck when a hose on the powerful tool became caught.
    Chandler said he stood up just as Kern tried to free the gun and it discharged. At first, they couldn't locate the nail. But then Kern saw it, he ordered Chandler to sit down while he called 911.

An emergency room doctor tried unsuccessfully to remove the nail with a pair of pliers.
    "He looked at me and said, 'I need a claw hammer,"' Chandler recalled. "I thought, 'Ah, he's just teasing."'
    So the doctor borrowed a claw hammer from a worker to finish the job and sent Chandler home with a few stitches.
    "He got a screwdriver at the same time, and he took the screwdriver and pried the nail up a little bit and got the claw hammer," Chandler said.

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    Speaking of nails in head......

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...survivor_N.htm

Nail-in-skull survivor: 'It never really hurt'

SHAWNEE, Kan. (AP) — George Chandler says he didn't know a 2½-inch nail was driven into his skull until his buddy spotted it stuck through his cap.
    Chandler said he felt only a sting.
    "It never did really what you call hurt," the Shawnee man said Wednesday on NBC's "Today."
    Chandler said his friend Phil Kern was using a nail gun to mount lattice on Chandler's deck when a hose on the powerful tool became caught.
    Chandler said he stood up just as Kern tried to free the gun and it discharged. At first, they couldn't locate the nail. But then Kern saw it, he ordered Chandler to sit down while he called 911.

An emergency room doctor tried unsuccessfully to remove the nail with a pair of pliers.
    "He looked at me and said, 'I need a claw hammer,"' Chandler recalled. "I thought, 'Ah, he's just teasing."'
    So the doctor borrowed a claw hammer from a worker to finish the job and sent Chandler home with a few stitches.
    "He got a screwdriver at the same time, and he took the screwdriver and pried the nail up a little bit and got the claw hammer," Chandler said.
    Are they sure it wasn't the guy from Happy Gilmore?

Don't forget if you're using a custom/favorites list for your guide that the new channel won't show up unless you change to All channels or add it to your 'favorites'.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Are they sure it wasn't the guy from Happy Gilmore?

Isn't that the guy who got kicked in the nuts [SPOILER ] in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Don't forget if you're using a custom/favorites list for your guide that the new channel won't show up unless you change to All channels or add it to your 'favorites'.

-Bball
    Excellent tip Bball.

That would be just the kind of thing I'd grind away trying to figure out

teY dennaB toN

Yeah I think mine is always set to all channels anyway since the "Channels I get" list is total crap.