Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want McGrady

Default I want McGrady

I know it has been said before but not enough recently for my liking. I want McGrady. Maybe even if it includes Artest (though I would prefer to keep him and get McGrady).

I don't like any of the trades proposed with Houston, Chicago, Golden State, Memphis, Boston, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, etc.

I just think that if we can't get McGrady then we just might as well stay the course and keep what we have.

Please don't take any of this personally it's just on my mind right now. It's just what I see and want. That's my right as a fan and I'm taking it
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I want McGrady

I know it has been said before but not enough recently for my liking. I want McGrady. Maybe even if it includes Artest (though I would prefer to keep him and get McGrady).

I don't like any of the trades proposed with Houston, Chicago, Golden State, Memphis, Boston, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, etc.

I just think that if we can't get McGrady then we just might as well stay the course and keep what we have.

Please don't take any of this personally it's just on my mind right now. It's just what I see and want. That's my right as a fan and I'm taking it
    I disagree, if Seattle is willing to include Allen or Lewis in one of the deals that doesn't include Artest, JO, or Mel Mel I would do it.

Hip-Hop ,Guitar & Martial ArtsEnthusiast
    Tony Jaa could beat you up with his pinky.

I disagree, if Seattle is willing to include Allen or Lewis in one of the deals that doesn't include Artest, JO, or Mel Mel I would do it.

OK, but my opinion on that is that Lewis is still unproven and Allen has been very inconsistent and never been a winner. McGrady is a very consistent scorer but has never been a big winner. The Pacers are missing a big scorer from the perimiter who can create and take over a game and Allen to me seems primarily a jump shooter.

I like both Allen and Lewis but not on the team we have. I personally feel McGrady is the best fit. Good argument, though.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Sports Logo

I dont see any point in getting Lewis. He plays a position we are already deep at. If we are going to stay deep at those position then I would rather keep the guys we already have.

Now Ray Allen is another story. If we could get him for Al and Pollard then I would be all for it. But I would also much rather see T-Mac in a Pacer uniform becuase he is younger and better. I would love to see a starting lineup of Tins, T-Mac, Ron, Jermaine, Foster. If Rick could get T-Mac to play some D we would be set for a long time.

Keep Brewer and yes even AJ trade any combo of Bender, Al, Freddie, Scot, Primo and Cro and I would be more happy as a Pacer fan than I have been in a long time. I might even be able to get over Brad Miller.

McGrady would be a fantastic player for any team, but you've got to be careful when you have a team like this. We were on the brink of the finals this year, and will be back again next year. And probably for several years to come.

I would trade anybody but JO or Ron [and probably Tins too] to get Tmac. If you include those three guys, you're cutting into the core of this team.

Of course, I do want to improve this team, and we have some needs that must be addressed. But look at what Detroit did this season with acquiring Rasheed. They had a pretty good team before they got him [not as good as ours], and they managed to add him to their core [Ben, Rip and Chauncey]. Now they're 2 wins away from a title.

I want Tmac too, but not if it means disrupting our core.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

I might even be able to get over Brad Miller.
    Someone getting over Brad Miller????

:P

Hip-Hop ,Guitar & Martial ArtsEnthusiast
    Tony Jaa could beat you up with his pinky.

I might even be able to get over Brad Miller.
    Someone getting over Brad Miller????

:P
    *sniffle* You had to bring him up again, didn't you...?

McGrady would be a fantastic player for any team, but you've got to be careful when you have a team like this. We were on the brink of the finals this year, and will be back again next year. And probably for several years to come.

I would trade anybody but JO or Ron [and probably Tins too] to get Tmac. If you include those three guys, you're cutting into the core of this team.

Of course, I do want to improve this team, and we have some needs that must be addressed. But look at what Detroit did this season with acquiring Rasheed. They had a pretty good team before they got him [not as good as ours], and they managed to add him to their core [Ben, Rip and Chauncey]. Now they're 2 wins away from a title.

I want Tmac too, but not if it means disrupting our core.
    Exactly. Couldn't have put it any better.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo

I am saying if we get T-Mac without losing too much. I am pretty convinced that not having him cost us a title this year. So it will take a lot to make me get over him. If we would have had his size against Detroit we would have gotten past them (IMO) and look what they are doing to the Lakers.

I think it's amusing that you guys think we could get McGrady or Allen without giving up someone significant in return. It would take Ron, in my opinion, to get either one of these guys. Besides, I think Ron is gone regardless. I've just heard too much stuff recently to believe that Donnie and Bird will put up with him any longer.

Sports Logo

I could live with Ron and filler for T-Mac. Its just that Ron and T-Mac would make me more happy than just one or the other.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am actually starting to think that Artest will be the one thats gone next year. I think we're hearing all these al rumors and the teams that want Artest have to try harder to get him. It's just a feelin i have. I don't know what to think. I'm gonna wait until we actually do some deals before i set my opinion.

I am saying if we get T-Mac without losing too much. I am pretty convinced that not having him cost us a title this year. So it will take a lot to make me get over him. If we would have had his size against Detroit we would have gotten past them (IMO) and look what they are doing to the Lakers.
    Who is the "him" you are referring to? Brad? I knew it wouldn't take long for you to say something as asinine as "if we had Brad we would have won it all." If we had Brad we wouldn't have made it out of the first round again because we'd be stuck with Isiah.

But I'll play along with your game for second. Even if we had made it to the ECFs, you're saying Brad would've carried the team despite the injuries we sustained? Simply ridiculous. You forget the fact that Brad probably would've been among the injured, as has historically been the case, if he even showed up at all.

See, two can play the "what if" game. Except I have history and facts on my side.

I am actually starting to think that Artest will be the one thats gone next year. I think we're hearing all these al rumors and the teams that want Artest have to try harder to get him. It's just a feelin i have. I don't know what to think. I'm gonna wait until we actually do some deals before i set my opinion.

I really don't think Artest will be traded. Honestly, I think the management is smart enough to know that trading the best defensive player for someone really good is a mistake. This IS a defensive team, remember.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I think it's amusing that you guys think we could get McGrady or Allen without giving up someone significant in return. It would take Ron, in my opinion, to get either one of these guys. Besides, I think Ron is gone regardless. I've just heard too much stuff recently to believe that Donnie and Bird will put up with him any longer.
    Now I keep reading you writing this and it sounds plausible, but.......

Without at least divulging some "facts" and "sources" this is worth as much as the reading on ESPN.

I'm willing to believe a lot, but IF it is true, I would like to know a wee bit more then just "because I'm a tellin ya"

It is also nice to consider IF he plays against us next year, that some team is "putting up" with his antics and that as a result he might be killing us.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I really don't think Artest will be traded. Honestly, I think the management is smart enough to know that trading the best defensive player for someone really good is a mistake. This IS a defensive team, remember.
    I bet if Ron's traded it will not be because of his basketball ability. It just seems fishy to me with his "migraines" and rumors of problems all year. I bet if he leaves, that's why. I think if those weren't at all prevalent, Ron would be easily untouchable no matter what. But that's not the case.

Like I said before, many people are undervaluing what he brings. We may be a defensive team, but our defense will be SO much worse than before.

Like I said before, many people are undervaluing what he brings. We may be a defensive team, but our defense will be SO much worse than before.
    BS

Basketball is a team game.. FIVE players make a great defense.
    (as great as Ron is at it)
    Yes, it is a team game, but you do need good defenders to help. Where would Detroit be without Ben, or Rasheed for that matter. Not in the finals. Great defensive teams have very good players to support it. SA had Bowen, too.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

If Detriot would have had Sheed all season , do you think we would have still had the best record in the NBA ?

Look at Detriot before the Sheed trade they were struggling pretty bad and I doubt without him they would have been #2 and they sure wouldn't have made it too the Finals.

Also do you think with Ron's injury and everyone saying he wouldn't be back for along time , would we still have won 61 games ? I almost wish Ron would not have came back so quick , because I tell you what we would have never finished 1st in our Division and won 61 games.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Follow your thinking and the Bulls must have been a great defensive team. I mean they had Ron right???????????
    Come on that's a pretty ignorant statement , Ron was no where near the player he is today back then and was even more outta control then .

BS

Basketball is a team game.. FIVE players make a great defense.
    (as great as Ron is at it)
    Yes, it is a team game, but you do need good defenders to help. Where would Detroit be without Ben, or Rasheed for that matter. Not in the finals. Great defensive teams have very good players to support it. SA had Bowen, too.
    Rashweed is NOT a great defensive player, though good. He is just a good all around player that fits in exactly where they needed.
    Jermaine is a great player and very good defender. Al is a very good defender. Foster is a very good defender. Freddie is a very good defender, maybe a great defender.
    Great defensive teams like the Pacers DO have very good players to support it.
    Follow your thinking and the Bulls must have been a great defensive team. I mean they had Ron right???????????
    Sheed fits well into their system, and he did a pretty good job on Jermaine.

JO is a good help defender. Al is not as good as he used to be. Foster is a good defender, but he's not great. Freddie is good, but as seen, his height is a problem, and he was posted on by Rip of all people. But without Ron, the McGrady's and Pierces would kill us on a nightly basis.

And that chicago comment is absurd.

.... But without Ron, the McGrady's and Pierces would kill us on a nightly basis.
    But what if the McGradys or Pierces were on our side?

Actually, I'm more of the opinion that while we're a good defensive team, not having Ron would change what kind of team we are dramatically. I've got no doubt Rick could make us a solid defensive team regardless of who we had playing, and we do have our share of good defenders.

But you shouldn't underestimate the value of having a guy who can handle guys like McGrady, Pierce, Allen, Mashburn, Jefferson, LeBron, Anthony, etc. without requiring double teams. He holds guys who average 20+ points to 10. Doing that allows the other defenders to stick to their men, which totally changes the opposition's approach, now that their offense isn't opened up by the defense collapsing around their star.

Pacer4fun

Default not needed

I don't see it happening, our problems on offense were as much our selfishness in moving the ball and poor offensive movement as it was for a need for someone like a T-Mac.

I do think we need someone that can create his own shot, I like Murray from Seattle myself. I would like to see a bigger presence inside at the center spot, someone like the kid from the 76ers.

Sports Logo

Who is the "him" you are referring to? Brad? I knew it wouldn't take long for you to say something as asinine as "if we had Brad we would have won it all." If we had Brad we wouldn't have made it out of the first round again because we'd be stuck with Isiah.

But I'll play along with your game for second. Even if we had made it to the ECFs, you're saying Brad would've carried the team despite the injuries we sustained? Simply ridiculous. You forget the fact that Brad probably would've been among the injured, as has historically been the case, if he even showed up at all.

See, two can play the "what if" game. Except I have history and facts on my side.
    Your argument would hold a lot more water if not for the fact that it is total bull****. Scot Pollard and Kenny Anderson make 6,379,000 and we did not use them in the playoffs. Are you telling me that getting Rick was a matter of 600,000 dollars? Bull****. Brad was dumped as a basketball not dollar decision. You yourself have claimed that in the past!

As a basketball decision it was (as I said before IMO) a stupid one. In the second round against Minnesota Brad Averaged 11.4 points 9 rebounds 3.1 assists and 1.57 blocks. We on the other hand had center by comity. Yeah we didnt need that from the center position ed: Oh and he shot 52% from the field again that just sucks right. What was that about facts on your side?

Your argument would hold a lot more water if not for the fact that it is total bull****. Scot Pollard and Kenny Anderson make 6,379,000 and we did not use them in the playoffs. Are you telling me that getting Rick was a matter of 600,000 dollars? Bull****. Brad was dumped as a basketball not dollar decision. You yourself have claimed that in the past!
    It's funny to me how you don't look at contracts in their totality. Brad's contract was for 7 years. So to make a comparison to any 2 players of your choosing is ridiculous. What was the sum total of Kenny and Scot's contracts? $16.6 million? That's $51.4 million less than Brad's. Guess that doesn't matter much to a guy not writing the checks.