Thread: Do the Spurs play 'east-coast' basketball?

Default Do the Spurs play 'east-coast' basketball?

From the game report between the Kings and Spurs:
    "It's a regular-season game, we play them three more times," Stojakovic said. "They play East Coast basketball - tough on the defensive end and patient on offense."
    The pacers game has been likened to playoff style bball, does this mean that the high-octane offenses of Sacramento and Dallas are doomed to great regular season records but no rings?

Default Re: Do the Spurs play 'east-coast' basketball?

From the game report between the Kings and Spurs:
    "It's a regular-season game, we play them three more times," Stojakovic said. "They play East Coast basketball - tough on the defensive end and patient on offense."
    The pacers game has been likened to playoff style bball, does this mean that the high-octane offenses of Sacramento and Dallas are doomed to great regular season records but no rings?
    The answer to both of your questions is yes.

Yes, the Spurs play a style similar to the E.C.

Yes, the high octane offense of both Dallas & Sacramento will grind to a halt once teams start the playoffs. They may advance somewhat, but I would be shocked if Dallas made it out of the Semi-finals & I don't think the Kings will represent the west either although they may make it to the W.C. finals.

Of course these are just my opinions & I could be wrong.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Default Re: Do the Spurs play 'east-coast' basketball?

Yes and maybe.

I'm beginning to believe that the Kings WANT to play good D and that they sometimes can. There defense was pretty good last night, though Duncan had a big game. Everytime I watch them play the Mavs though, the Kings revert to a trading baskets mentality. A "lets trade baskets, you get yours but just-wait, I'll get mine" approach to basketball gives everyone good numbers and a seat on the couch for the finals.

Bibby, Christie, and Jackson give them good perimeter D that Dallas will NEVER have. Webber, Divac, and Brad are offensive players first, though smart enough to play decent D at times.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!).
    I'm (maybe) back after being repetedly banned, merely for supporting a different NFL team than do certain forum moderators.