Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Hill

Hybrid View

Default George Hill

Just wanted to get a good conversation going about thoughts on George Hill from IUPUI. I personally have seen him play several times and think he has some serious potential at the NBA level, what are some others thinkin. Man if we could snag him with a late second rounder in some trade or possibly a non draftee signee, he might be able to surprise some folks.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Default Re: George Hill

If he can really play the point, than he could be a sleeper... with his scoring ability. I guess he had a pretty good showing in the pre-draft camp, looked good running the offense and had like 6 assists in short minutes.

I don't think he will be drafted, but could be good to bring in as a free agent signing.

EDIT: yeah, he had 16 points and 6 assists in 24 minutes. Pretty impressive.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 06-05-2008 at 12:57 AM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Mood

It wouldn't hurt to try to get this guy into the summer league if he doesn't get drafted?

I will just say he has produced at every level and there is something to be said for guys that just ball.

I'd be excited to have him in camp, I think he's definitely a better prospect than Andre Owens.

Quote Originally Posted by square1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wanted to get a good conversation going about thoughts on George Hill from IUPUI. I personally have seen him play several times and think he has some serious potential at the NBA level, what are some others thinkin. Man if we could snag him with a late second rounder in some trade or possibly a non draftee signee, he might be able to surprise some folks.
    He'd be foolish to stay in if he doesn't get drafted in the first round. There is no need to give up a year of development for non-guarantees. He has served a great purpose of getting his name a little deeper onto the radar screen, and it will bring more scouts to his games next year. Repeat the year he had, and while he may not get drafted in the first round next year, he will at least know he did all he could to make it.

He will have a great chance to stick in the NBA. He reminds me a lot of Kerry Kittles.

Didn't he average like 35 a game for Broad Ripple? The guy has some weapons to score

Hmm, didn't see there that he is a junior. I agree, if he doesn't get picked in the 1st, I think he would be best served going back for his senior year, although this draft seems pretty weak, so if he waits till next year, he might not get drafted at all. Regardless, I think he'd be worth spending a second round pick on.

I'd take him at #41. I think he's going to stay in the draft, and he's had some very positive reviews in his pre-draft camps.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why another thread? Isn't the 41st thread enough? Or Official NBA Draft Thread?

Or any of the other draft threads?

Sorry I haven't had my coffee.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Sometimes people don't want to sift through a million pages to get to the one player they want to talk about.

hell who cares, its the offseason. We need some clutter on the board.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

The kid does have an NBA Body. He is 6'2 with a 6'9 wingspan. I do not see him getting drafted this year.

I would like to see a t-bird analysis on Hill.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    I would like to see a t-bird analysis on Hill.
    Now that I'm a believer, I'd love to see t-bird's analysis on anybody.

I will admit I have never seen Hill play but I believe he is projected to go in the second round or undrafted.

What worries me though is I have seen more names of second round prospects that we are working out than first round. We can't rely on finding a diamond in the rough to turn this thing around.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    I will admit I have never seen Hill play but I believe he is projected to go in the second round or undrafted.

What worries me though is I have seen more names of second round prospects that we are working out than first round. We can't rely on finding a diamond in the rough to turn this thing around.
    Look at the mock drafts on-line and you see several players ie Joey Dorsey, Nathan Jawai, Courtney Lee, DJ White, Lester Hudson, Bill Walker all going between 29-41. I do not mind working out several players but I hope we can get a player w/ this pick that will come and contribute immediately.

3.0 BODY FAT, lowest by anyone at the camp
    Bambam

Follow me on Twitter @http://twitter.com/brockhubble

It makes me believe Bird is going to trade down or is trading away the 11th in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    It makes me believe Bird is going to trade down or is trading away the 11th in a trade.
    Before we get to deep into conspiracy theories, remember two things:

1. The Pacers are picking 11th, but there are 60 players that will be drafted and the Pacers could bring in as many as 25-30 players. The simple law of averages says that a most of those guys won't be candidates for the #11 pick.

and

2. A good number of players who are projected to go in the top 10 won't accept invitations to work out for the Pacers because they're sure they'll be gone. Eric Gordon has already declined an invite, and while I can't speak specifically for the Pacers, I know that Kevin Love has declined an invitation to work out for Portland, who holds the 13th pick.

Augustin has been in, and Wells had said he expected Westbrook and Jordan to come in, though I haven't heard more.

Also, we're still three weeks away from the draft, so there's plenty of time to get guys in town.

Edit: This is what Andrew got from his interview with Morway today:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Perna
    The team will also workout UCLA's Russell Westbrook within the next few weeks as well as DeAndre Jordan of Texas A&M.

Indiana also hasn't ruled out making a deal on the draft night.

"We're considering everything, and one of the things that we have looked at is acquiring another pick later in the first round," Morway said in a phone interview.

"We are having ongoing conversations with teams everyday, and while I don't know the likelihood of it now, we probably won't see anything happen until the night of the draft," he added.
    Last edited by count55; 06-05-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Before we get to deep into conspiracy theories, remember two things:

1. The Pacers are picking 11th, but there are 60 players that will be drafted and the Pacers could bring in as many as 25-30 players. The simple law of averages says that a most of those guys won't be candidates for the #11 pick.

and

2. A good number of players who are projected to go in the top 10 won't accept invitations to work out for the Pacers because they're sure they'll be gone. Eric Gordon has already declined an invite, and while I can't speak specifically for the Pacers, I know that Kevin Love has declined an invitation to work out for Portland, who holds the 13th pick.

Augustin has been in, and Wells had said he expected Westbrook and Jordan to come in, though I haven't heard more.

Also, we're still three weeks away from the draft, so there's plenty of time to get guys in town.

Edit: This is what Andrew got from his interview with Morway today:

The only deep conspiracy theories seem to be in your mind. I only expressed my opinion. It is JMOAA (just my opinion as always.) My belief is just as valid as yours, Andrew Perna, Chad Ford, Steve Smith, Givony, etc. I said nothing incorrect that can be proved wrong.

What's to say Bird isn't trading the 11 pick with whatever player/players for another player/players? Hopefully, a PG or perimeter player that can play D".

What's to say Bird isn't trading the pick for another pick in the 15-30 range plus an early 2nd rounder due to his belief that his #1 pick player at 11 won't be available? I see these as viable scenarios and valid opinions, Not DEEP COPNSPIRACY THEORIES! Again, it's JMOAA.

Admittedly "conspiracy theories" was probably too flip of a description made in an attempt to turn a nice phrase. "Let's not jump to conclusions" probably would've been more appropriate.

The couplet of posts I was responding to was:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    From that, I inferred that you were agreeing with rommie's statement, then using it as support for your position that Bird did not intend to use pick at #11, trading either down or out of the draft. (Granted, that could me be "jumping to conclusions", ironically, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for interpretation in your statement.)

I don't think there's anything to be drawn from the list of workout participants other than it's a pool of players we might draft or invite to summer league/rookie camp as undrafted free agents. There are a lot of reasonable explanations for this particular list of players that don't including making any kind of draft day deals.

I'm not trying to say definitively that we won't make a draft day deal. In fact, I would find it surprising if we didn't, so I agree with all of your possible scenarios in your response. However, I just don't think this particular piece of evidence gives us enough specific information to push us in any one direction regarding our draft day actions.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like what I see with Hill. Let's get that dude into the Summer League.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think being a hometown favorite was appealing to Bird, but of course really liked what he has to bring.

I'm really happy with him. Again, would've liked to have both he and Kawhi, but I'll take George.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great move by Bird.. I was trying hard to get excited by the Leonard pick but still felt dissappointed... Even though i knew he was a very solid/ good player. So i was quite pleased to hear we swung a trade for the talented George Hill. Hometown kid and may be good enough to steal the majority of min from DC if he continues to play PG