Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Partial Measurements and Combine Results are in

Default Partial Measurements and Combine Results are in

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...Released-2911/

by Draft Express

June 3, 2008
    We’ll be posting the entire spreadsheet shortly, but here are some of the most interesting results. Keep in mind that this is hardly the holy grail in regards to talent evaluation. But people definitely love to look, which is why we rushed out the first results.

Michael Beasley measured at 6-7 without shoes, and 6-8 ¼ with. His wingspan in 7-0 ¼ and his standing reach is 8-11. He did fairly well in the combine, lifting the 185 bar 19 times, jumping 35 inches on the max vert, but measuring a slightly high body fat at 7.7%

Derrick Rose came out a bit shorter than advertised, at just 6-1 ½ in shoes and 6-2 ½ in. He has a 6-8 wingspan, a 40 inch vertical and ran the 3/4 court sprint very fast at 3.05.

Brook Lopez is a legit 7-footer in shoes. He also has a phenomenal 7-5 ½ wingspan and an outrageous 9-5 standing reach. He did not do very well at all in the combine though, jumping just 30 inches in the max vert and coming dead last in the lane agility drill at 12.77.

Jerryd Bayless is a legit 6-3 in shoes, and he has expected has a very poor wingspan at 6-3 ½. He did well in the combine, though, jumping 38 inches, lifting the 185 bar 10 times, running 11.26 in the lane agility drills, and sprinting ¾ court in 3.07 seconds.

Kevin Love measured out reasonably well—6-9 ½ in shoes (6-7 ¾ without), with a 6-11 ¼ wingspan and an 8-10 standing reach. His body fat is still very high at 12.9%, but in the combine he jumped 35 inches, lifted the 185 bar 18 times, and ran very well (11.17, 3.22)

O.J. Mayo is 6-3 ¼ without shoes, 6-4 ½ with, with a 6-6 wingspan and 8-3 standing reach. He had the second best vertical leap at 41 inches and ran 11.04 and 3.14.

Eric Gordon is 6-3 ¼ in shoes, with a terrific 6-9 wingspan. He jumped 40 inches, lifted the bar 15 times, and ran 10.81 and 3.01. He plays like a great athlete, and tested out well too.

Anthony Randolph is 6-10 ¼ in shoes, with a freakish 7-3 wingspan and 9-1 standing reach. He is skinny as expected at 4.7% body fat, jumped 35 inches on the max vert, and ran just OK at 11.86 and 3.26.

DeAndre Jordan came in an inch short at 6-11, but has an outrageous 7-6 wingspan and 9-5 ½ standing reach that more than compensates. He jumped poorly at 30.5 inches, lifted the bar 8 times, and ran the drills in 12.3 and 3.27 seconds.

The biggest wingspan: John Riek at 7-8 ¾. His standing reach was N/A. Probably too long to believe. We’re told its 9-10, and certainly believe that.
    Biggest standing reach: JaVale McGee- 9-6 ½.

Lightest Player: Mike Taylor- 166 pounds, followed by D.J. Augustin at 171.
    Heaviest Player: Kentrell Gransberry- 290 pounds
    Lowest Body Fat: Lester Hudson- 3.4%
    Highest Body Fat: Kentrell Gransberry -17.4% body fat
    Best no-step vertical: Patrick Ewing- 35 inches
    Best Max-Step Vertical: O.J. Mayo- 42 inches (tied with Ewing)
    Bench Press: Josh Duncan 26 reps
    Fastest Lane Agility: Sonny Weems- 10.58 seconds
    Fastest ¾ Court Sprint: Sonny Weems- 2.96, (Joe Alexander 2.99)

Others:

Joey Dorsey measured in at only 6’6.25 without shoes, and 6’7.25 with shoes, but had a +7.5 wingspan and managed a very respectable 19 reps off 185 on the bench.

DeVon Hardin stands 6’10.75 in shoes with a 7’3 wingspan, he had 20 reps on the bench and recorded a 32” max vertical leap.
    Josh Duncan put up 26 reps of 185 on the bench, recorded a 32” max vertical leap, is 6’8 without shoes, and recorded a body far percentage of only 5.4%.

Patrick Ewing Jr. recorded the highest max vertical leap on the day recording 42”, but struggled on the bench, finishing with only 2 reps. His is 9.4% body fat was surprising for a player of his build as well. At only 6’6 without shoes, he’s between positions with his measurables and game very much in conflict.

Richard Hendrix tested out very well. He is a hair under 6-9 in shoes, has a 7-3 wingspan, a 9-0 standing reach, and ran a 10.62 and 3.27. He jumped just 28 inches in the max vert.

================================

Default Re: Partial Measurements and Combine Results are in

They don't say it, but it looks like Gordon, without shoes, is about 6'2" or so. But with shoes 6'3" and change. A 6'9" wingspan for him is probably significant, though.

For reference, typically (as I understand it) your wingspan is supposed to match your height (though in the NBA I think this usually is not the case because of their uniqueness), so that's a good reach for Gordon.

Interesting that Beasley is 2" shorter than sometimes advertised.

Kevin Love is "tall enough" in shoes, 6'9". Interesting about his body fat being high because he looked noticeably skinnier recently in a video interview. Perhaps the body fat was that much higher previously. It's going in the right direction, at least.

Oops, I just posted this in the other thread...sorry.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I think you can safely scratch Gordon off the possible drop list. Those are great measurements for him. I'm not surprised that Rose came in smaller than him. His lift numbers are also strong, which isn't surprising considering that his biggest advantage is that fact that he has an NBA body right now.

Also I wonder how many times Mayo did the lift.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Love matches Beasley in the basic numbers, so end of concern on that. He may look/be heavy but if he jumps and runs like he's light then so what. He just ran faster and quicker than Jordan and outjumped him too, and Jordan is supposed to be drafted on his potential.

Sounds to me like EJ just turned his stock around and will hold fast in the top 8.

DJ at 171 pounds. Confirms concerns about his size to play in the NBA.

I don't think Jordan's potential is based on out running and jumping Kevin Love, it's about his monster size and length.

Reply Jordan:

Please don't draft him. Isn't his whole schtick supposed to be his athleticism? Well he appears to be average at best in that department, and didn't do jack this season at A&M. He looks closer to Patrick O'Bryant than Dwight Howard right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Jordan's potential is based on out running and jumping Kevin Love, it's about his monster size and length.
    I'd rather take a flyer on Javale McGee then.

I wonder what Augustin and Westbrook came in at.

BTW, I think all of you who said Gordon was slow owe him an apology. Either that or you need to apply the same tag to Rose, Mayo, and Bayless. If you do that I would then like you to inform me what you consider fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Love matches Beasley in the basic numbers, so end of concern on that. He may look/be heavy but if he jumps and runs like he's light then so what.
    I thought that was interesting also. We've heard Love's athleticism questioned all year, but I've never heard anybody even remotely suggest that Beasly's not athletic enough to play in the NBA.

Sometimes these measurements are really interesting. I remember looking at last year's measurements and seeing that Carl Landry was less than 1" shorter than Josh McRoberts. At that point McRoberts was being talked about as a mid-first round pick and Landry was going to be lucky to get drafted. I also remember thinking "Anybody with a brain knows that Landry's a better ball-player than McRoberts." I guess NBA GM's have brains.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

As has been said, Gordon was never going to drop to us. Not even close.

Love's body fat is a bit of a concern. Kind of surprised Lopez is that big. Doesn't play like it at times.

I'm with Indy on Jordan. Every day I become more convinced he's going to be the bust of this draft. He's been dropping in the Mocks, I sure hope no one is stupid enough to waste a lottery pick on him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    BTW, I think all of you who said Gordon was slow owe him an apology.
    I think the main difference is that this year (at IU) Gordon didn't give a rodent's hind quarter, but now he is working towards earning the big bucks. Hence the greater effort.

How do these results compare to previous years players? like DWade or Lebron, Chris Paul, our Shawne Williams, Granger etc...

Finally, there will be no more discussions on Eric Gordon's height.

Beasley's measurements, about what I'd expected, just solidify Rose at No. 1 to me.

I'm kinda shocked that Love had a 35" vertical. Obviously, with the
    way he plays, that's not necessarily of paramount importance. But
    that's outstanding for a white dude with his size/build. I figured
    he'd be under 30".

Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck View Post
    How do these results compare to previous years players? like DWade or Lebron, Chris Paul, our Shawne Williams, Granger etc...
    I know that DWade's vert came in at 36, I do believe, and LeBron's was around 40.

They weren't the best athlete of the draft, that honor went to a player that's not even in the NBA, which is why I hate these measurements.

Instead of vert testing, I think it should be height. How high they can jump.

I mean when you look at Lopez's report it says that he jumped just 30in. in the vert test, but when you combine that with his standing reach, 9'5", that's pretty damn high. It comes out to be just under 12ft. He can jump and touch almost twelve feet taking one step.

How much higher do you want him to be able to touch?

I wonder what the measureables were on Alexander? Too bad love will be long gone.
    The last nbadraft.net mock is starting to look pretty realistic. Westbrook will be long gone
    by the time the Pacers pick. I do not want Augustin. Take Lawson later with an additional
    pick if possible.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    Finally, there will be no more discussions on Eric Gordon's height.
    Yes, and those of us who said he looks about 6-2 will revel in our smugness of being right

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Yes, and those of us who said he looks about 6-2 will revel in our smugness of being right

-Bball
    I didn't know he played barefoot.

He's closer to 6'4" than he his 6'2" when he's on the court, so unless you hid in his closet and watched him walk around before bed, I don't know why you'd be considered right.

I find this to all be pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck View Post
    http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...&draft=0&sort=
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    He's closer to 6'4" than he his 6'2" when he's on the court, so unless you hid in his closet and watched him walk around before bed, I don't know why you'd be considered right.
    I had the Wednesday through Saturday shift, so I can vouch Bball wasn't there then.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I didn't know he played barefoot.

You just answered your own question...

the complete measurements are up now, sortable too:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...&draft=0&sort=
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05