Thread: Shocked

Default Shocked

I am really surprised the last two HUGE wins for the Fever didn't generate any comments at all. I know most of the board are not Fever fans but some of us are. Beating the Suns and Sparks back-to-back is a tall order and they did it. What's it going to be like when Catch gets back?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Shocked

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am really surprised the last two HUGE wins for the Fever didn't generate any comments at all. I know most of the board are not Fever fans but some of us are. Beating the Suns and Sparks back-to-back is a tall order and they did it. What's it going to be like when Catch gets back?
    What an unfortunate thread title for those of us who have a grudge against Detroit.

I commented about the game in the Candace Parker thread. Robertmto said he was going to last nights game in order to see CP and I wanted to get a report from someone who was there. Did you go?

I'm really looking forward to Catch's return. I'm interested to see how she meshes with Douglas. Is there going to be some confusion about who the leader/go-to person is?
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

I'm pretty sure ABA didn't make it.....I mean he could take an intercontinental flight, and I know he's a HUGE fever fan, but I'm not sure he's so huge he'd fly from Iraq.........

I wish the WNBA still played here in Charlotte so I could watch them.

Gnome and I went to it last night. That was my first WNBA game. I know their (league) slogan this year is "Expect Great", but I went to "Expect Okay" and Okay is exactly what I got. A lot of flaws, but correctable flaws. If they keep their collective heads above water, I can see the WNBA being much better in a decade.

As for the Fever, a good win and it's more impressive since Catchings wasn't playing.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Gnome and I went to it last night. That was my first WNBA game. I know their (league) slogan this year is "Expect Great", but I went to "Expect Okay" and Okay is exactly what I got. A lot of flaws, but correctable flaws. If they keep their collective heads above water, I can see the WNBA being much better in a decade.

As for the Fever, a good win and it's more impressive since Catchings wasn't playing.
    I was also there, and that was honestly some terrible basketball/officiating. The referees made plenty of mistakes with the clock/shot clock. The girl threw some passes that make Sorgi look like Manning, and Candace Parker is the most beautiful woman of all time.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

woman without a team

I couldn't go to the game because I had to work. I've seen enough WNBA games to know that most of their refs make the NBA refs look good.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I couldn't go to the game because I had to work. I've seen enough WNBA games to know that most of their refs make the NBA refs look good.
    QFT

These guys/girl were honestly, horrible. Theres not even really a word for it.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I haven't seen a game yet this season. I never seem to be able to find one on TV when I'm around one.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I haven't seen a game yet this season. I never seem to be able to find one on TV when I'm around one.
    Other than tonight's game the competition isn't all that good (although at the moment Minnesota is leading the west). Maybe CT isn't as bad as they looked when the Fever last week.

http://www.wnba.com/fever/schedule/

Tonight Detroit 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana

JUNE
    Sat. 7 Houston 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana
    Tue. 24 Sacramento 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana
    Thu. 26 at New York 7:00 p.m. ESPN2

JULY
    Sat. 5 Connecticut 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana
    Thu. 24 Minnesota 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana

AUGUST
    [7/28 to 8/27: Break for 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China]
    Thu. 28 Connecticut 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana
    Thu. 11 New York 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana

GD Detroit AGAIN!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

ah, that felt good...

Beating the Fever isn't exactly beating the celtics, but it isn't beating the Pacers, either...

Still can't believe someone was actually willing to trade us the 4rd pick in the draft for Swin Cash....
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-03-2008 at 06:10 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Still can't believe someone was actually willing to trade us the 4rd pick in the draft for Swin Cash....
    The Hawks are in the WNBA now?