Thread: Three Offseason ideas

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Three Offseason ideas

Scenario 1:

Mike Dunleavy (expiring for the Roy/Aldridge/Oden/Outlaw year)

for

Jarrett Jack
    Martell Webster
    Channing Frye

Scenario 2:

Jamaal Tinsley
    2010 First Round pick

for

Udonis Haslem
    2009 Second Rounder (back)
    (the assumption they draft Beasley)

Scenario 3: (if Rose falls to Miami)

Jermaine O'Neal
    2008 First Round Pick #11 (Big Man)

for

Udonis Haslem
    Marcus Banks
    Mark Blount
    2008 First Round Pick #2 (Rose)

Then Miami goes after Baron Davis in free agency. He has said to be intending on opting out and Miami is a team he would like to play for.

PG- B. Davis
    SG- D. Wade
    SF- S. Marion
    PF- A. Johnson
    C - J. O'Neal

That is a team that could seriously contend. They could easily add some cheap veterans to that team.

Default Re: Three Offseason ideas

These are interesting, I hate to see the thread go to the trade area, but just as a precursor to my feelings on one thing. DO NOT GIVE UP ANYMORE FUTURE FIRST ROUNDERS!!!

I really wanted to drop and F bomb there and risk getting banned, I feel so strongly about that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You never should trade a first round pick for someone as mediocre as Haslem. We'll probably still be picking in the lottery by that time.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

no way either miami or portland do either of those

woman without a team

I don't like Haslem so I think anything involving him is a bad idea. On the other hand I like Webster and Jack so as one of Portland's newer fans I don't want to give them up.

I'd trade Jamaal for Haslem in a heartbeat, but I don't think Miami would.

There's no way in Hades that Miami trades Rose for Jermaine and the #11.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

The only one I see as a possibility is the portland one, which could be a nice trade for both teams.

I'd love to find a way to have O'Neal and Haslem together, since they're buddies.

The only way that MIA considers trading #2 is if CHIC takes Rose
    and they're stuck with Beasley.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Pass on all three. Miami would not trade Rose to us. I don't think Jarret Jack is the answer at point guard, and Haslem is not worth a future first.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only one I see as a possibility is the portland one, which could be a nice trade for both teams.
    I like this trade very much, but I don't feel Portland would do the trade. That's a 3 for 1 trade, and I believe Portland would feel they are giving up too much in return for Dun.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I like this trade very much, but I don't feel Portland would do the trade. That's a 3 for 1 trade, and I believe Portland would feel they are giving up too much in return for Dun.
    Portland is going to need to do some multiple guys for less players deals soon. They have a lot of young talent, and their salary is going to explode when those guys get a chance to resign. Either that, or they'll lose a couple for nothing to sign the others.

-- Steve --

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe on #1.
    No thanks on #2.
    HELL YES on #3.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Portland is going to need to do some multiple guys for less players deals soon. They have a lot of young talent, and their salary is going to explode when those guys get a chance to resign. Either that, or they'll lose a couple for nothing to sign the others.
    I'm too lazy to check, but I think they have something like 22 players for the 2008-2009 season. So 2-for-1s and 3-for-1s are the way to go.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I think the Portland trade is excellent for both teams. Dunleavy would be excellent there and didn't he grow up there or something? Am I just making that up?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

thanks 46. thats exactly the point of that trade. portland will get rid of a bunch of guys they wont be willing to re-sign for a guy that fits their system, is a terrific basketball player with great experience and attitude, and his 10.5M/year contract is up the year that they have to extend their four best players (three of which are coming off rookie contracts). portland will those those three guys after this year to restricted free agency and in essence get two more years of dunleavy than they would have from these guys. Jack, Frye, and Webster are all second or third stringers for that team. They want to bring over Rudy Fernandez and have more time for Sergio Rodriguez as well. Plus they have to make room for their draft picks this year. Fernandez, Roy, Outlaw, Aldridge, Oden with Dun as the sixth man, Blake, and Pryzbilla at 7 and 8. Thats a monster lineup.