Thread: Artest

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Artest

Because of the recent development in the NBA finals (sounds professional doesnt it ), do you think Artests stock is sky rocketing? I do NOT want to lose him, but it seems teams may be willing to part with more for Artest, just a thought. What do yall think

Zesty

Default Re: Artest

What has been happening in the NBA Finals that is making Artest's value go up?

because detroit is killing the "fakers" with their defense, and are proving defense wins championships

because detroit is killing the "fakers" with their defense, and are proving that defense wins championships

sweabs

I think he means that a weak defense is being exposed, and a strong defense is what truly matters.

When was there any doubt that defense won championships?

If the Lakers win or would have won this series, there would have been plenty of doubt.

When the Lakers are winning.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Read my signature ..it says it all

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Read my signature ..it says it all

[hr]
    "Get Better. I don't know about every body else, but I'm going to get better." - Ron Artest
    How is he going to practice being a better teammate and being less selfish this summer?

BTW, I have a suggestion.

(everyone else = . Fine, but I'm going to say it anyway . )

Chuck Person made the comment, during his second year in Minnesota (after he lost his starting position to Isiah Rider):

(I'm paraphrasing here)

"During my last couple of years in Indiana, I was second on the team for assists. All of Micheal Williams assists were giving the ball to Reggie and Detlef, but I was the only guy passing the ball to Rik. Then I get up here, and I'm second on the team in assists, and I'm the only one passing the ball to Luc [Longley]. Somebody has to give the ball to the big man."

We all know how much Chuck helped Ron's offensive game over last summer. Maybe, just maybe, Chuck can teach him that its not about "Ron" and his individual game; its about the team.

With a teammate like JO who has made *legendary* improvement every offseason since he joined the Pacers... just what exactly is Ron saying anyway? Tinsley? Ditto. Fred? Ditto. Al has worked tenaciously in the offseason every summer. Nobody comes into camp with as well-conditioned as Reggie. Etc. Etc. Etc.

If you were one of Ron's teammates, a high performing professional athlete with a lot of pride in your game, how would that comment make you feel?

Can Ron and JO co-exist? I wonder if Ron is willing to accept that this is JO's team?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

You make a good point, Jay. To his teammates, most of whom have worked non-stop and made huge improvements every summer, that comment probably sounds a little like "Everyone else is lazy compared to me."

But it's not really a big deal to me. I'm glad he's comitted to improving over the summer. He was certainly a heck of a lot better this year than last, especially with intangible things, and I hope he makes similiar improvements for the upcoming season too.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

The championship lakers were good defensive teams. Horry shaq kobe and fisher were good defensively.

Actually this laker team couldve be good defensively but kobe only plays defense from time to time, Shaq is out of shape, malone is injured (and i refuse to call dirty play good defense) and gary is obviously over the hill.

if the lakers want to turn it around, they better start playing better defensively. Kobe and Shaq will get their points at least 4 out of 7 games against any team in the world. But if they let Detroit get the looks theyve been getting, they are done.

Chicago, Houston, San Antonio, LA, when they won the championship were great defensive teams.

Sacramento Dallas Denver, etc will NEVER win a championship the way they are structured now.

Defense wins championships. Even if the lakers win because they need to go on lockdown mode to pull this one out.

So, if I say "I don't know about all the other posters in this forum, but I am going to work hard over the summer, so that when next season starts I will be a better writer"

How in the heck is that putting any of you down.

I don't think for one second that Ron was putting anyone down at all. Ron is doing what he knows best and that is hard work.

Sports Logo

So, if I say "I don't know about all the other posters in this forum, but I am going to work hard over the summer, so that when next season starts I will be a better writer"

I don't think for one second that Ron was putting anyone down at all. Ron is doing what he knows best and that is hard work.
    I agree I dont see that as a putdown by Ron.

In my opinion, the only thing Ron said is he can only control his own activities this summer. He didn't say his teammates would not work hard and get better.
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

I certainly don't think Ronnie meant it as anything but "I'm gonna work my butt off." But if it were me, I would have chosen my words a little differently. No worries, though. I can't imagine any of the players taking it the wrong way.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Being a better writer is an individual "sport."

I could make a comment like that in my track career. But during my basketball career, I understood that it wasn't about 'me'. If I was going to say something about my off-season plans, I certainly would have said something different that what Ron said. This is the same guy who said at the end of game #6 that he wanted the ball more. He appears to think its all about 'Ron'. Add it up. There's a consistent pattern of selfish talk, selfish behavior.

You guys keep making excuses for all of the little, individual events, as if they are isolated, without considering the big picture.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I can't believe you just said that about us. I guess its all about the Buck huh?

I don't think that in itself was that bad and it goes with the nature of the Ego in the sport.

I do agree with Jay it's more than just one incident. Ron does have a pattern of me first basketball.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dunno about any of you but I am gonna improve the quality of my post in the offseason , lookout next season... I will be better

I'm gonna continue to coast with lame *** responses like this one.

I'm gonna continue to coast with lame *** responses like this one.

I'm going to work on quoting posts and using random smilies.

:

If I was going to say something about my off-season plans, I certainly would have said something different that what Ron said. This is the same guy who said at the end of game #6 that he wanted the ball more. He appears to think its all about 'Ron'. Add it up. There's a consistent pattern of selfish talk, selfish behavior.
    I'm coming down on the side of UB, Jay.

Sure, JO has gotten consistently better. But no other player has improved every year as consistently as Ron Artest. Numbers-wise, JO's not improved much over the past couple of years. I'm not saying he hasn't improved, because he has. I'm just saying his total numbers haven't gone up. Ron's have.

I also don't understand your problem with his comments after game 6. He said that he'd like to have the ball more, and since he wanted the ball he knew he'd have to improve his offense to deserve it.

I think you're molehilling this one, Jay.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Artest won't be traded because he is arguably the best player in the NBA dollar-for-dollar.

Ron breaks plays because, like it or not, he is the #2 option for us on offense. If we get a new #2 option there, Ron will have to learn not to break plays and we'll be just fine.