Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

IGNORE THIS THREAD: THE MOVIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IGNORE THIS THREAD: THE MOVIE

Originally posted by bellisimo View Post
    ...can't wait for part 3!
    The good and bad thing about Apocalypse Now is that I'm only about 40% through...
    Originally posted by Natston;n3510291
    I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of the 3 T.J.s working for them, and that ain't bad...

Comment

Nice performance, Boggan.

Read my Pacers blog:
      8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Comment

Originally posted by bellisimo View Post
        ...can't wait for part 3!
        Yes, Part 3 will be excellent!!!
        PACER FAN ON STRIKE!!!-The moment the Pacers fire Larry Bird I will cheer for them again.

Comment

Yeah I can't wait for Suave's head to be hacked off...
          I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of the 3 T.J.s working for them, and that ain't bad...

Comment

Wow, this is pretty epic. But a lot better than Epic Movie, which was terrible.

Comment

DR. BADD (v.o.)
              "Someday the 'Ignore this thread' thread is gonna end.
              That would be just fine with the posters on this mission. They weren't looking for
              anything more than a way to their homepage. Trouble is, I've been
              back there, and I knew that it just didn't exist anymore.
              If that's how Kester fought the counters, I began to wonder
              what they really had against Anthem. It wasn't just insanity
              and Grammar Nazism. There was enough of that to go around
              for everyone."

SUAVENESS
              "I'm not here. I'm scrolling through Pacers.com gathering draft information.
              I meet Miss Tessa. I make a nice thought provoking Pacers related post.
              Kinda post it around us. Hey captain, I wanna get draft information."

DR. BADD
              "Just don't go out there by yourself. You don't wanna go in
              there alone, unless you really know the internet."

DUKE DYNAMITE
              "Any flamers around here ?"

SUAVENESS
              "I'm gonna get some draft information."

Dr. Badd and Suaveness leave the board...

DR. BADD
              " Suaveness?"

SUAVENESS
              "Yes, sir --"

DR. BADD
              "How come they call you that?"

SUAVENESS
              "Call me what, sir?"

DR. BADD
              "Suaveness -- is that 'cause you like
              soap an' stuff?"

SUAVENESS
              "No, sir -- I'm a really suave, sir
              -- I'm a suaviere --"

DR. BADD
              "A suaviere --"

SUAVENESS
              "Yes, sir -- See, I come from Indianapolis -- I was raised to
              be a suaviere.. a great suaviere. We specialize in being suave.
              Has to be Pacers.com somewhere...
              I was supposed to go to freebtown.com, then my physicality came up.
              Hell I joined Man Train. Someone told me Man Train had a better female audience.
              Posting nude like that -- that did it."

DR. BADD
              "Oh yeah, how?

SUAVENESS
              "They lined us all up in front of a hundred men --
              magnificent meat, beautifully marbled.. Then they started
              hooking them up in this big train, all of them -- connected.
              I looked in, an' it was turning gay. I couldn't ****ing believe
              that one. I went into the Digest after that..."

Dr. Badd hears something...

SUAVENESS
              "What is it ? Counters?"

Suddenly Kofi appears from the intranet. Dr. Badd
              and Suaveness start surfing back to the board, Suaveness starts posting...

SUAVENESS

"It's a troll, a ****ing troll!

GYRON
              "Let's go !"

SUAVENESS
              "Never get outta board..."

GYRON
              "What happened, how many is it ?"

SUAVENESS
              "A ****ing troll, ****ing troll... I don't wanna take this ******* ****
              man... I didn't come here for this, I don't ****ing need this. All I wanted
              to do is ****ing pose, I just wanted to learn to ****ing pose. Allright, It's
              allright, it's gonna be all right... never get outta board... Hi troll, hi
              troll..."

DR. BADD (v.o.)
              "Never get out of the board. Absolutely ******* right. Unless you
              were logging out all the way. Anthem got off the board. He split from the whole
              ****ing member list. How did that happen? What did he see here
              after that first post? 1-99 ****ing years old. If he joined the Mods,
              there was no way you'd ever get above Shade. Anthem knew
              what he was giving up. The more I read and began to
              understand, the more I admired him. His family and
              friends couldn't understand it, and they couldn't talk him
              out of it. He had to apply three times and he had to put
              up with a ton of ****, but when he threatened to go to the Star board,
              they gave it to him. The next youngest guy in his class was
              half his age. They must have thought he was some
              far-out old man humping it over that board. I did it when
              I was 19 and it damn near wasted me. A tough
              mother****er. He finished. He could have gone for Peck,
              but he went for himself instead."

SUAVENESS (writes a letter)
              "Dear Stacy Paetz. This day was really a new one. I almost got
              harassed alive by a ****ing troll. Really un****ingbelieveable,
              you know. We are taking this guy, Doctor Badd, through the board.
              he hasn't told us yet where we're taking him ..."

DR. BADD (v.o.)
              "On special assignment, Anthem staged operation Graham Mernatsi with combined local
              posters. Fixed many grammatical errors. He received no official
              clearence. He just thought it up and did it. What balls.
              They were gonna nail his *** to the floorboards for that
              but after the other members got hold of it they promoted him to full
              colonel instead. Oh man, the bull**** piled up so fast in
              Pacers Digest, you needed wings to stay above it."

The browser approaches a stickied thread in the feedback forum...

LORD HELMET
              "This sure is a bizarre sight in middle of this
              ****. Are they expecting us this time ?"

DR. BADD
              "Damn if I know."

----

LORD HELMET
              "Suggestion Box. You ever been up here Suaveness ? Yo man,
              check out these posts, man. A Btown variety hour, that's a
              good one.

This must be the guy...
              Three drums of bandwidth..."

ROBERTMTO
              "Come on move, we don't have time, one hour that's all..
              Whaddya want ?"

SUAVENESS
              "Can I get a Veggie Pizza with it ?"

ROBERTMTO
              "Yeah, I'll get you a Veggie Pizza. Destination ?"

LORD HELMET
              "I don't have a destination."

DR. BADD
              "Robertmto, these guys are with me. Destination is classified.
              I carry priority orders from The Mods..."

ROBERTMTO
              "OK, right sir. Listen it's really a big night - eight bucks for that avatar -"

Dr. Badd grabs him...

DR. BADD
              "Just give us some bandwidth !"

ROBERTMTO
              "You got it. Hey doctor, I'm really sorry for tonight.
              It's really bad over here. Just take this over there
              and you got it. Hey listen, would you
              guys like some seats, press-box seats, for the show ? You
              want those ? Pacemates.
              Hey doctor, on the house, no hard feelings ?"

A new tab with pacer markings opens...

WHOEVER THE PACEMATE MANAGER IS
              "How you doing out there ? Hello to all you who post so *******
              hard for the Pacers. Hello all you sunshiners out
              there, and the darksiders, and even the bandwagoners. I wanna let you know we're proud of you, we know how tough and hard it'´s been. And to prove
              it we're gonna give you entertainment we know you´re gonna like.
              Miss Melanie, Miss Kate; Miss Aminda, Miss Jarin;
              and the Official Hottest Pacemate, Miss Tessa."

The Pacemates start setting the pace...

SUAVENESS
              "I'm here babe, I'm here..."

DUKE DYNAMITE

"You ****ing ***** !"

LORD HELMET
              "Take it off."

The show ends in chaos and the Pacemates make a speedy exit...

DR. BADD (v.o.)
              "Counters didn't get much time off. He was logged in too deep or
              counting too fast. His idea of great R&R was a number and
              a sentence or two after it. He had only two ways home: banishment,
              or infinity."

-------

DR. BADD (v.o.)
              "No wonder Anthem put a weed up a moderator's ***.
              The board was being run by a bunch of four-star clowns
              who were going to end up giving the whole place away."

SUAVENESS
              "Can you believe that ? Have to come over here to
              find her ?"

DR. BADD (v.o.)
              "Late summer-autumn 2007: Anthem's posts are coming under frequent
              counting. The thread started falling apart...November: Anthem orders
              the banishment of three Counters and one
              Troll. Counter activity in his old thread dropped
              off to nothing. Guess he must have banned the right
              four posters. The mods tried one last time to bring him back
              into the fold. And if he pulled over, it all would have been forgotten.
              But he kept going, and he kept posting his way, and they called
              me in. They lost him. He was gone. Nothing but rumors and
              rambling posts, mostly from captured Counters. The Counters knew
              his name by now, and they were scared of him. He and his men
              were playing hit and run all the way into the 'Ignore this Thread' thread."

DR. BADD
              "How long has that kid been on this board?"

GYRON
              "Seven months."

DR. BADD
              "He's really specialized in quoting my posts."

GYRON

"Very possible he thinks the same of you."

DR. BADD

"Oh yeah ? What do you think Gyron ?"

GYRON
              "I don't think. My orders are I'm not supposed to know
              where I'm taking this crew, so I don't. But one look at you
              and I know it's gonna be hot, wherever it is."

DR. BADD
              "We're going down the feedback forum about 75 clicks above the 'My Moods aren't listed!' thread."

GYRON
              "That's the 'Ignore this Thread' thread."

DR. BADD

"That's classified. We're not supposed to be in the 'Ignore this Thread' thread
              but that's where I'm going. You just get me close to that thread and I'll cut you and the crew loose."

GYRON
              "All right, doctor."

Dr. Badd reads a letter Anthem has sent to his child :

"Dear ?,
              I'm afraid that both you and your mother would have been
              worried for not hearing from me these past weeks. But my
              situation here has become a difficult one. I've been officially
              accused of impersonation by the mods. The alleged victims were four two-faced posters.
              We spent months uncovering and accumulating evidence. When absolute proof was completed,
              we acted, we acted like responsible members. The charges are unjustified.
              They are in fact, under the circumstances of this board
              quite completely insane. On a message board, there are many moments for
              compassion and tender action. There are many moments for
              ruthless action, for what is often called ruthless. But many
              and many circumstances, the only clarity; seeing clearly
              what there is to be done and doing it directly, quickly, awake... ,
              looking at it.
              I would trust you to tell your mother what you choose about
              this letter. As for the charges, I'm unconcerned. I'm beyond
              their lying morality. And so I'´m beyond caring.

You have all my faith.

Your loving father."

Suaveness and Lord Helmet are fighting...

GYRON
              "Suaveness, knock it off. Give it a break. What do you think I
              said ? And give your keyboard a rest. This ain't the Star,
              you are a digester. Get that anime looking **** off your avatar
              and stop eating veggie pizza, you hear me.
              Duke Dynamite, what's with all the Reds stuff ?"

DUKE DYNAMITE
              "Camouflage."

GYRON
              "How's that ?

DUKE DYNAMITE
              "So they can't see me, they're everywhere Gyron."

GYRON
              "Aha... I want you to stay awake there, man. You got a thread
              to post.

DR. BADD
              "What's up, Gyron."

GYRON
              "Foreign posters, doctor. We'll gonna take a routine check."

DR. BADD
              "Let's forget it now... Let it go."

GYRON
              "These posters are running weird un-American stuff on the board, doctor.
              I'm gonna take a look."

DR. BADD
              "Gyron, my mission got priority here. Hell, you wouldn't
              be on this part of the board if it wasn't for me."

GYRON
              "Until we reach your destination you're just
              along for the ride."

----
              GYRON
              "Keep your eyes open Lord Helmet."

LORD HELMET
              "I got you Gyron."

SUAVENESS
              "OK, they're OK."

GYRON

"Search them."

SUAVENESS
              "Flags and different accents... something ****ing full of orange... ain't
              nothin on it."

GYRON
              "What's wrong with you ? Search them."

SUAVENESS
              "There's someone from Hungary... some Cosmologist living in Belgium ..."

GYRON
              "Suaveness, get on that browser!"

SUAVENESS
              "There's nothing on it."

GYRON

"Get on it !"

SUAVENESS
              "All right ! Move it *******.. Pacers info..."

GYRON
              "Check on the posts over there."

"What's in those profiles."

SUAVENESS
              "All right... ain't nothing in here."

GYRON
              "What's in the those spaces?..."

SUAVENESS
              "Just ****ing wierdo sigs, that's all."

GYRON

"Check that area, under that poster's name."

Suddenly Bellisimo makes a move towards the avatar.
              The crew starts firing ban-hammers wildly...

SUAVENESS

"Let's Ban 'em all !"

GYRON
              "Hold it ! Hold it !"

SUAVENESS
              "Let's Ban them all... why not ?"

GYRON
              "Lord Helmet ?"

LORD HELMET
              "I'm good."

GYRON
              "You OK Duke Dynamite ?"

SUAVENESS
              "Look what he was hiding. See what he was running for.
              A ****ing picture of Megan Fox."

DUKE DYNAMITE
              "Give me that avatar!"

SUAVENESS
              "****ing Pacer related posts too, you want that?"

GYRON
              "Suaveness, he's typing behind you. He's alive.
              Check him out, he's typing behind you.
              Check him out."

SUAVENESS
              "*******... Lord Helmet give me a hand."

GYRON
              "Take it easy. Slow down and take it easy. Is
              he still typing Suaveness ?"

----
              GYRON
              "Bring him here."

DR. BADD

"What are you talking about ?"

GYRON
              "We're taking him to some frendlies, doctor.
              He's trying to sign out, he's not logged out yet."

DR. BADD
              "Get off there Suaveness."

Dr. Badd deactivates Bellisimo's account...

SUAVENESS
              "**** it."

DR. BADD
              "I told you not to stop. Now let's go."

DR. BADD (v.o.)
              " It was the way we had over here of living with ourselves.
              We'd put them on the ignore list, and then give them a QFT.
              It was a lie, and the more I saw of them, the more
              I hated lies. Those boys were never going to read my posts
              the same way again. But I felt I knew one or two things
              about Anthem that weren't in his profile."

Comment

Originally posted by naturallystoned View Post
                The good and bad thing about Apocalypse Now is that I'm only about 40% through...
                Worse if you are going for the Redux.

But with that the good news is you can make the French into Canadians in your version. I mean they're basically the same already, except the French at least have culture.

Kester gets the best lines, except for this one.

"Never get out of the board. Absolutely ******* right. Unless you
                were logging out all the way. Anthem got off the board. He split from the whole
                ****ing member list.
                Beautiful
                Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 06-04-2008, 03:16 PM.

Comment

DR. BADD (v.o.)
                  "Someday the 'Ignore this thread' thread is gonna end.
                  That would be just fine with the posters on this mission. They weren't looking for
                  anything more than a way to their homepage. Trouble is, I've been
                  back there, and I knew that it just didn't exist anymore.
                  If that's how Kester fought the counters, I began to wonder
                  what they really had against Anthem. It wasn't just insanity
                  and Grammar Nazism. There was enough of that to go around
                  for everyone."

Beautiful. . . . . Can I make an early nomination for thread of the year?
                  PACER FAN ON STRIKE!!!-The moment the Pacers fire Larry Bird I will cheer for them again.

Comment

nooooooooo! I got deactivated?

awesome nat! keep it coming

Comment

Wow. I read the first one. Are you really planning on making this? That would be sweet.

Comment

Awesome......I'm a leader....that would never happen in real life....

Comment

DR.BADD (v.o.)
                          "The 'Server too busy?' thread was last thread in the feedback forum.
                          Beyond that there was only Anthem."

SUAVENESS
                          "Duke Dynamite, hey Duke Dynamite. What do you think ?"

DUKE DYNAMITE
                          "It's beautiful."

SUAVENESS
                          "What's the matter with you ? You're acting
                          kinda weird."

DUKE DYNAMITE
                          "Hey you know that last piece of pizza you were were saving.
                          I ate it."

SUAVENESS
                          "You ate moldy pizza?"

DUKE DYNAMITE
                          "Far out."

RASKOLNIKOV
                          "Is there a Dr. Badd onboard ?

DR.BADD
                          "Yeah, who's that ?"

RASKOLNIKOV
                          "Raskolnikov, sir. Get that light off me...
                          I was sent here from Club Rio with these three
                          days ago, sir. Expected you here a little sooner.
                          These are emails for the crew...
                          You don't know how happy this makes me, sir."

DR.BADD
                          "Why ?"

RASKOLNIKOV
                          "Now I can get out of here, if I can find a way...
                          You're in the ******* of the PD, doctor!"

GYRON
                          "Doctor, where you going ?"

DR.BADD
                          "I gotta find somebody - I need some information.
                          Pick me up the other side of the link."

GYRON
                          "Somebody go with him."

DUKE DYNAMITE
                          "I go. I wanna go."

Dr. Badd and Duke Dynamite enter the thread...

DR.BADD
                          "Where can I find a mod?"

TRAVMIL
                          "You came right to it, you son of a ***** !"

DR.BADD
                          "Duke Dynamite, get down here !
                          You still got a moderator here ?"

TRAVMIL
                          "Straight down the page there's a ****ing
                          poster called intridcold. Who the **** else
                          you think he would be ?"

BBALL
                          "*******, you skipped over my post!"

DUKE DYNAMITE
                          "I thought it had already been read."

REXNOM (firing wildly his ban hammer)
                          "I told you to stop ****ing with me ! You think you're bad..."

DR.BADD
                          "What are you aiming at poster?"

REXNOM
                          "Counters. What the **** you think I'm aiming at...
                          I'm sorry, sir... There are counters by the thread. But I
                          think I banned them all."

INDY
                          "You ain't banned ****, man. Listen !"

REXNOM
                          "Oh ****, he's trying to count his numbers. Send in a .
                          You think you're bad..."

INDY
                          "There's one still beneath those posts."

DR.BADD
                          "Who's the mod here ?"

INDY
                          "Ain't you ?
                          You think you're bad...
                          Go get Ajbry, man ! Get Ajbry !"

BBALL

"He's down at the bottom of the first page. You need a [/QUOTE]?"

AJBRY
                          "No. He's close, man. He's real close...
                          Mother****er."

DR.BADD
                          "Hey, poster. Do you know who's in
                          command here?"

AJBRY
                          "Yeah...."

---------

LORD HELMET
                          "**** ! Hey Gyron, man. Two guys just got banned out from
                          that thread."

GYRON
                          "You hang on man. You're gonna be OK."

LORD HELMET
                          "What's that ?"

SUAVENESS
                          "E-mail, man."

GYRON
                          "Later with that e-mail. Watch them red-orange envelopes."

DR.BADD
                          "There's no bandwidth but I pick up some smilies.
                          Let's move out."

GYRON
                          "Did you find a mod, doctor?"

DR.BADD
                          "There's no ****ing mod here. Let's just
                          get going."

GYRON
                          "Which link, doctor?"

DR.BADD
                          "You know which link, Gyron."

GYRON
                          "You're on your own, doctor. You wanna go on ?
                          Like this thread: We post in it every night. Counters
                          shut the servers down again. Just so the mods can
                          say the board's open. Think about it. Who cares ?"

DR.BADD
                          "Just get in that thread !"

GYRON
                          "Suaveness, change your outdated sig. Lord Helmet, you too."

The journey continues. Suaveness hands out the email :

SUAVENESS
                          "****, you got another one Lord Helmet."

LORD HELMET
                          "No ****, is that it ?"

SUAVENESS
                          "That's it for you. Duke Dynamite, Mr Pillowpants, there
                          you go.."

DUKE DYNAMITE
                          "Far out, man. I've been waiting for this.

SUAVENESS

"I got another one, got a box from Stacy Paetz."

DUKE DYNAMITE (reading)
                          "Duke Dynamite, I'm fine. I was on a trip to Conseco Fieldhouse. There can
                          never be a place like Conseco Fieldhouse, or could there ? Let me
                          know -

DR.BADD (reading, v.o.)
                          "There has been a new development regarding your mission
                          which we must now communicate to you. Months ago a man
                          was ordered on a mission which was identical to yours. We
                          have reason to believe that he is now operating with Anthem.
                          Pacers Digest was carrying his mood as Pensive for his family's sake. They
                          assumed he was inactive. Then they intercepted a private message he
                          tried to send to the girl he was stalking:

SELL THE TOPHAT
                          SELL THE MOVIE RIPOFFS
                          SELL THE UNRATED COPY OF ANCHORMAN
                          FIND SOMEONE ELSE
                          FORGET IT
                          I'M NEVER CLICKING BACK
                          FORGET IT

Poster NaturallyStoned - he was with Anthem."

DUKE DYNAMITE
                          "Conseco Fieldhouse. ****, man, this is better than Conseco Fieldhouse."

Suaveness reads a website :

SUAVENESS
                          "Yo peep this sons. This site is of adult content. If you are under the age of 18 and live with your
                          parents you probably should not be viewing this. If you're at work, don't press play. This will scar you. By the way, we are the original 2girls1cup so don't fall for other sites.."

LORD HELMET
                          "I got a audio clip from my mom."

SUAVENESS
                          "Stacy can't picture me in PD. She pictures me at home
                          having a beer and watching the her on tv...
                          Stacy is not sure if she can have a relationship with me, you
                          know. Here I am 13000 ****ing websites away trying to keep our
                          relationship over my ***."

Suddenly the group comes under an attack.
                          Lord Helmet gets his name clicked on...

GYRON
                          "Suaveness, check out Lord Helmet ! Doctor, he´s hit, he´s hit !
                          Lord Helmet's hit !"

DUKE DYNAMITE

"Where did the picture of Megan go ? We gotta go back to
                          get the picture!"

We hear the end of the clip Lord Helmet was listening to :

AUDIO CLIP
                          "... do the right thing. Stay out of the way of the spyware.
                          And bring your tower home all in one piece. Because
                          we love you. Love, Mama."

The journey continues in thick layer spam…

GYRON
                          "Can't see nothing. We're stopping."

DR.BADD
                          "You're not authorized to minimize this browser, Gyron."

GYRON

"I said I can't see a thing, captain. I'm minimizing. Ain't risking no more accounts."

DR.BADD
                          "I'm in command here, ******* it ! You
                          do what i say."

GYRON
                          "You see anything Suaveness ?"

SUAVENESS
                          "Why don't those ****s attack, man ?
                          Watch it over here, Gyron..."

DR.BADD (v.o.)
                          "He was close. He was real close. I could not see him
                          yet but I could feel him. As of this window was being sucked down
                          board and the cursor was sliding back over to the other links. Whatever
                          was going to happen, it was not going to be the way they
                          called it in Club Rio."

They come under attack again...

DR.BADD
                          "Suaveness, it's OK. Quit posting !"

DUKE DYNAMITE
                          "Cut it out ! Quiet !"

DR.BADD
                          "Gyron, tell them to hold fire. It's just little quick replies.
                          They're just trying to scare us."

GYRON
                          "You got us into this mess and you can't get us out 'cos
                          you don't know where the hell you're going, do you ?
                          Do you, you son of a *****, you **** !"

Gyron is hit by a flaming post.

GYRON
                          "A flamer."

Gyron's account deactivates...

---------

DR.BADD
                          "My mission is to make it up into the 'Ignore this thread' thread. There's a
                          poster in there who's gone insane. I'm
                          supposed to ban him."

SUAVENESS
                          "That's ****ing typical, ****. ****ing PD mission.
                          We got to go up there so you can ban one of our own guys.
                          That's ****ing great, that's just ****ing great ! That's
                          ****ing crazy. I thought you were going in there to ask a question, or post some ideas or something."

DR.BADD
                          "Sorry..."

SUAVENESS
                          "No, no wait. We go together. On this browser, we'll
                          go with you. On this browser. OK ?"

Again they move on, but now it's only Dr. Badd,
                          Suaveness and Duke Dynamite :

DR.BADD (v.o.)
                          "Part of me was afraid of what I would find and what I would
                          do when I got there. I knew the risks, or imagined I knew.
                          But the thing I felt the most, much stronger than
                          fear, was the desire to unignore him.

Finally they arrive at Anthem's thread...

JAY REDD

"It's all right, it's all right. You're all being approved."

SUAVENESS

"Ain't coming in there. Them *******s attacked us."

JAY REDD
                          "Sound the siren...
                          There's googled pictures over there, there's googled pictures over there, and watch
                          out those ******* jokes suck, I'll tell ya. Eh, that's a pretty one.
                          Move in right in towards me... I´m a Digester! Yeah, Digest poster
                          Hi guys... Digester, Digest poster. It's all right.
                          And you got the Megan Fox avatars, that's what I've been dreaming of."

DR.BADD
                          "Who are you ?"

JAY REDD
                          "Who are you ... ?
                          I'm Jay Redd. I've posted on this board since 06.
                          I'm the most Humorous poster. I´ll tell you
                          one thing, this board is a mess, man."

DR.BADD
                          "Who are all these posters?"

JAY REDD
                          "Yeah, well... They think you have come to take his posting privileges
                          away. I hope that isn't true."

DR.BADD
                          "Take whose privileges away?"

JAY REDD
                          "Him. Anthem. These are all his children, as far
                          as you can see."

DR.BADD
                          "Could we, uh, chat with Anthem?"

JAY REDD
                          "Hey, man, you don't chat with him. You read his words. The
                          man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic
                          sense. I mean sometimes he'll, uh, well, you'll say QFT
                          him, right? And he'll just scroll right by you, and he won't even
                          read your post. And suddenly he'll scroll up, and he'll quote you,
                          and he'll say do you know that ‘if’ is the middle
                          word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are
                          losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when
                          all men doubt you -- I mean I'm no, I can't -- I'm a little man, I'm a little
                          man, he's, he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws
                          scuttling across floors of silent seas -- I mean --"

DR.BADD
                          "Stay with the browser."

JAY REDD
                          "Hey, uh, don't go -- don't go without me, OK? I want to get a screen shot."

He can be terrible, he can be mean, he can be right. He's fighting
                          for the board. He's a great man. I mean... I wish I had posts. I can tell
                          you the other day he wanted to ban me."

DR.BADD
                          "Why did he want to ban you ?"

JAY REDD
                          "Because I took a screenshot of his computer screen. He said if I take his screenshot again -
                          I'm gonna ban you. And he meant it ! So you just lay it cool, lay
                          back, dig it... He gets friendly again, really does. But you don't
                          judge him like an ordinary poster.

OK, now watch it. They are digesters.
                          Can you feel the vibe of this place ? Let me take a screenshot.
                          Hey, hello... hello. Would you hold it for a minute."

Dr. Badd sees a group of posters:

DR.BADD

"Naturallystoned."

JAY REDD
                          "The accounts. You're looking at the accounts. I, uh -- sometimes he
                          goes too far, you know -- he's the first one to admit it!"

SUAVENESS
                          "He's gone crazy!"

JAY REDD
                          "Wrong! Wrong! If you could have read the man’s blog, just two days ago,
                          if you could have read the man’s blog! You going to call him crazy?"

SUAVENESS

"****ing A!"

DR.BADD
                          "I just want to chat with him."

JAY REDD
                          "Well man, he's gone away. He's gone away. He disappeared
                          into the 'Ignore this thread' thread with his people..."

DR.BADD
                          "I'll wait for him."

JAY REDD
                          "... he feels comfortable with his people. He forgets him
                          with his people. He forgets himself..."

SUAVENESS
                          "Doctor, maybe we should wait back at the browser."

DR.BADD
                          "Ok Suaveness. We'll go back to the browser for a while."

SUAVENESS
                          "Stay with Duke Dynamite."

Dr. Badd and Suaveness return to the browser :

SUAVENESS
                          "This Anthem guy - he's wacko, man. He's worse than a herb.
                          He's evil. I mean... what the man has set up here is ****ing
                          Online nazism . Look around. ****, he's loco."

DR.BADD

"Then you'll help me."

SUAVENESS

"Help you ? ****ing A. I'll help you. I'll do anything to get out of
                          this thread. We could ban all the ******** away. They're all so
                          spaced out they wouldn't even know it. I'm not afraid of those
                          ****ing avatars, and signatures and ****. I used to think if I posted in an
                          evil thread then my words wouldn't be read. Well, ****.
                          I don't care where it's posted as long it ain't here. So, what you
                          wanna do ? I'll ban the **** ..."

DR.BADD
                          "No, no. I'm gonna need you right here, Suaveness. I'll go up with Duke Dynamite,
                          scrounge around, check the thread out, see if I can find Anthem."

SUAVENESS
                          "What you want me to do ?"

DR.BADD

"Here, take the report post button. If I don't get back by 2200 hours,
                          you call in the thread deletion."

SUAVENESS
                          "Thread deletion?"

DR.BADD
                          "The code is Cheese Wiz, coordinates 11213373.. It's
                          all in here."

Dr. Badd and Duke Dynamite leave the browser:

DR.BADD (v.o.)
                          "Everything I saw told me that Anthem has gone
                          insane. The place was full of inactive accounts: Counters, Trolls, Flamers.
                          If I still had a active account, it was because he wanted me to have it."

Suddenly Dr. Badd is surrounded by a group of Anthem's
                          minions…

DR.BADD (v.o.)
                          "It smelled like dead threads in there, recycled pictures,
                          Movie ripoffs. This was the end of the Digest alright."

ANTHEM
                          Have you ever considered any real freedoms ? Freedoms -
                          from the opinions of others... Even the opinions of yourself.
                          They say why..., Dr. Badd, why they wanted to terminate my
                          account ?"

DR.BADD
                          "I was sent on a classified mission, sir."

ANTHEM
                          "Ain't no longer classified, is it?
                          What did they tell you ?"

DR.BADD
                          " They told me that you had gone totally insane and that your
                          posts were unsound."

ANTHEM
                          " Are my posts unsound?"

DR.BADD
                          " I don't see any posts at all, sir."

ANTHEM
                          " I expected someone like you. What did you expect?"

Dr. Badd only shakes his mouse:

ANTHEM
                          " Are you an mod?"

DR.BADD
                          " I'm a regular member."

ANTHEM
                          " You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks
                          to collect a bill."

Dr. Badd is then put in a locked thread. Later Jay Redd comes
                          to visit him and offers some obscure cultural references and Powerthirst videos:

JAY REDD
                          "Why ? Why would a nice guy like you wanna ban a genius ?
                          You know that the man really likes you. He likes you, he
                          really likes you. He's got something in mind for you. Aren't
                          you curious about that ? I'm curious, I'm very curious. You
                          curious ?There's something happening out there, man.
                          You know something, man, I know something that you don't
                          know. That's right, jack. The man is clear in his mind, but his
                          soul is mad . Oh yeah. He's dying, I think. He hates all
                          this, he hates it! But ... the man's ... uh ... he reads poetry out
                          loud, alright? ... And a voice! A voice. ... He likes you because
                          you're still alive. He's got plans for you. Nah, nah, I'm not
                          going to help you, you're going to help him, man. You're going
                          to help him. I mean, what are they going to say, man, when he's
                          gone, huh? Because he dies, when it dies, man, when it
                          dies, he dies. What are they going to say about him? What, are
                          they going to say, he was a kind man, he was a wise man, he had
                          plans, he had wisdom? Bullsh-t, man! Am I going to be the one,
                          that's going to set them straight? Look at me: wrong! ... You!"

It's evening, Suaveness is sleeping:

SUAVENESS
                          "Almost eight hours... I sleep and I dream I'm in this
                          ****ty thread. **** - is it been eight hours."

Suaveness goes to the report thread button:

SUAVENESS
                          "Hello Roaming Gnome, Roaming Gnome, this is Suaveness -
                          button check, over."

ROAMING GNOME
                          "Suaveness, this is Roaming Gnome, standing by, over."

Dr. Badd sits in his locked thread. Anthem comes to
                          visit him and coldly drops Suaveness's deactivated account in Dr. Badd's lap:

DR.BADD
                          "No ! No, oh Christ..."

Anthem sits in the thread and reads Kester99's poem
                          Bored in the Gourd:

ANTHEM

Well, I’m bored in the gourd.
                          Said I’m bored, bored, bored.
                          Gonna take a taxi
                          To the ‘mergency ward.

Gotta case of lassitude,
                          Gotta case of blue.
                          Just don’t care ‘bout nothin’
                          Since I cared about you.

A beer over here!
                          Make it fast, fast, fast.
                          Gotta get on home
                          And cut the damn grass.

Gotta case of platitudes
                          And all of them are true.
                          Since I cared about you.

And I’m dead in the head.
                          Said I’m dead, dead, dead.
                          Gonna go back out to my house
                          and crawl on into bed.

Gotta case of assitude.
                          Gotta case of blues.
                          Since I cared about you.

JAY REDD

"This is the way the ****ing world ends! Look at this ****ing ****
                          we're in, man! Not with a bang, with a whimper. And with a whimper,
                          I'm ****ing splitting, jack!"

Jay leaves...

DR.BADD (v.o.)
                          "On the way here, I thought that the minute I looked at him, I'd know what
                          to do, but it didn't happen. I was in there with him for days, not under
                          guard - I was free - but he knew I wasn't going anywhere. He knew
                          more about what I was going to do than I did. If the mods back in
                          Club Rio could see what I saw, would they still want me to ban him?
                          More than ever probably. And what would his people back home want if
                          they ever learned just how far from them he'd really gone? He ignored them,
                          and then he ignored himself. I'd never seen a man so
                          ignored up and ripped apart..."

ANTHEM
                          " I've seen ignoring... ignoring that you've seen. But you have no right to call
                          me an egoist. You have a right to ban me. You have a right to do that...But
                          you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is
                          necessary to those who do not know what ignore means.
                          Ignore. Ignoring has a face...And you must make a friend of ignoring. Ignoring and
                          elitism your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared.
                          They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with the main board...Seems
                          a thousand centuries ago... We went into a thread started by this Earl guy. He stated
                          that he was a war veteran. He claimed that he was going to take his grandkids out for ice cream and then decided not to. His response was that, “That’s how I live my life, Let’s just move on’.
                          And I remember...I...I...I cried...
                          I wept like some guy who laughed at something funny on the internet.
                          I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it.
                          I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized...like I was shot...Like I was shot with a diamond...a diamond bullet right through my forehead...And I thought:
                          My God...the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect,
                          genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were
                          stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not
                          monsters...These were men...trained trolls...these men who fought with
                          their hearts, who had families, who had fake grandchildren, who were filled with
                          love...but they had the strength...the strength...to do that. If I had ten
                          divisions of those posters our troubles here would be over very quickly. You
                          have to have men who are rational posters...and at the same time who are able to
                          utilize their flamer instincts to post without feeling...without fear of banishment...
                          without honesty...without honesty. Because it's honesty that
                          defeats us. "

"I worry that my child might not understand what I've tried to be.
                          And if I were to be banned, Dr. Badd, I would want someone to go
                          to my gmail account and email my child everything. Everything I did, everything
                          you saw... Because there is nothing I detest more than the stench
                          of lies. And if you understand me, Dr. Badd, you'll do this for me."

Evening. Anthem' minions are preparing for
                          a party.. Dr. Badd leaves and starts going to Anthem'
                          account with a banhammer…

DR.BADD (v.o.)
                          "They were going to make me a mod for this and I wasn't even in their
                          ****ing board any more. Everybody wanted me to do it, him most of all. I
                          felt like he was up there, waiting for me to take the profile away. He just
                          wanted to go out like a real Pacer fan, standing up, not like some poor, wasted,
                          rag-assed renegade. Even the internet wanted him banned, and that's who
                          he really took his orders from anyway. "

Anthem is posting in the thread…

ANTHEM (typing)
                          " Holy cow... we've dropped 7 spots in Google. Clearly, too few people are ignoring this thread. "

Dr. Badd deactivates Anthem with a ban hammer, simultaneous the other posters
                          sacrifice a troll and ban it...

Anthem is typing out his final words :

ANTHEM
                          "The Ignorers. The Ignorers..."

Dr. Badd finds Anthem' s post where he has typed :

"Delete the thread. Ban them all."

Dr. Badd leaves the thread while the posters bow down. He drops the
                          ban hammer and so do the followers. Dr. Badd grabs Duke Dynamite along and
                          they go to the browser.

ROAMING GNOME
                          "Suaveness, this is Roaming Gnome, standing by, over."

Dr. Badd moves the arrow away from the ‘report post’ button. The journey back to the Pacers forum starts...

Comment

Damn, I got killed......

Comment

I really need a Cliff Notes version.

Comment

Working...
                              X