View Poll Results: Where do you want the forum party?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will only attend if its at the Nora Donates & Perkins

    5 20.83%
  • I will only attend if its at t1hs0n's Greenwood Ice Cream Parlor

    9 37.50%
  • I will attend no matter where the party is

    10 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: The Final vote for forum party location

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,616

    Default The Final vote for forum party location

    There has been a lot of interest in having our forum party in the Greenwood area. Do to the multiple option voting on the last thread it was difficult to determine who, & where everyone could attend.

    Most of us are familiar enough with Donatos so I'd like to go down & check out the proposed Greenwood site. Looking to see what kind of pizza places might be near by. Other than working on the northwest side of Indy I seldom wander far from the northeast side.

    Anyway, please re-vote so we have a better feel for who will be attending.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    I am thinking I might come if its in Nora.

    One question though, when does it start? I don't get off work on Saturday until 6:00, sometimes 7:00 if it is busy. Will I miss the pizza?
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am thinking I might come if its in Nora.

    One question though, when does it start? I don't get off work on Saturday until 6:00, sometimes 7:00 if it is busy. Will I miss the pizza?
    We usually start at 5, but sometimes it's been 4 or 6 I believe. Don't worry about being there are the start. Some people always come late and/or leave early. Most of us will be there all evening and past midnight. So if the party is in Greenwood, and you weren't thinking of going due to that making you even later to arrive, don't worry about it; you'll have plenty of time.

  4. #4
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    I'm gonna try to attend regardless of the location.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #5
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Come on guys, the poster in Greenwood is pretty much giving us a private party for drinking and Pacer talk. Plus, can't beat pizza and ice cream.

  6. #6
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on guys, the poster in Greenwood is pretty much giving us a private party for drinking and Pacer talk. Plus, can't beat pizza and ice cream.
    Yup.

  7. #7
    Member PiratePrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    I'll know I'll attend regardless of where it's held, even if the Greenwood location is more convenient (like I said, it's almost literally right down the street from my house). I look forward to putting faces with names.
    When I dunk, I put something on it. I want the ball to hit the floor before I do. ~Darryl Dawkins

  8. #8
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    To assist the new folks with putting names to faces, here's a picture I took of everyone last summer:










  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,616

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    I'm in the back row, 2nd from the left, in between Roaming Gnome & Kegboy.

  10. #10
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,611

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    A couple of thoughts.

    1. If the poster in question is honestly going to allow us to use his place of business on both sides.

    a. This is a no brainer from our point of view.

    b. We should buy our food from him, IMO it's the least we can do. Pizza has just been the last few places because our Pizza King was so intimate and worked perfectly. But you guys from the way past remember we've had it at Max & Erma's. Danato's while great pizza just did not have the intimate feel that Pizza King did.

    Greenwood is way out of the way for me but I'll go if he is offering us the use of both of his places so we don't have to move for an after party party.

    However if this doesn't hold up for some reason than I would prefer sticking with Indy area.

    Just my thoughts on this.

  11. #11
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,611

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To get assist the new folks with putting names to faces, here's a picture I took of everyone last summer:









    You'll notice no matter how hard we tried we could not get Uncle Buck to stop giving the "Reggie for three" symbal during the photo shoot.

    U.B. is the one on the very bottom row right hand side.

  12. #12
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm gonna try to attend regardless of the location.
    then i suggest it should be in Budapest, Hungary...


  13. #13
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    then i suggest it should be in Budapest, Hungary...

    BTW IU (specifically the Kelley school) just added an overseas program in Budapest that I am seriously considering.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #14
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A couple of thoughts.

    1. If the poster in question is honestly going to allow us to use his place of business on both sides.

    a. This is a no brainer from our point of view.

    b. We should buy our food from him, IMO it's the least we can do. Pizza has just been the last few places because our Pizza King was so intimate and worked perfectly. But you guys from the way past remember we've had it at Max & Erma's. Danato's while great pizza just did not have the intimate feel that Pizza King did.

    Greenwood is way out of the way for me but I'll go if he is offering us the use of both of his places so we don't have to move for an after party party.

    However if this doesn't hold up for some reason than I would prefer sticking with Indy area.

    Just my thoughts on this.
    While I would not normally quote a whole post just to say "I agree".

    I agree.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  15. #15
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW IU (specifically the Kelley school) just added an overseas program in Budapest that I am seriously considering.
    to your BTW - i suggest you check out: http://partyphoto.hu/index.php?lang_v=en

    in helping you make that decision a bit more easier

  16. #16
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    I think the place he is letting us use will be closed as far as their business goes. If it's a restaurant, then I'm not sure he'll be able to sell us food if the cooks go home. Hopefully he can chime in on that.

    the other one is a coffee/ice cream.

    I think we'd still be ordering pizza if we went there (which is looking unlikely given the vote so far) unless my assumptions were wrong.

  17. #17
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    to your BTW - i suggest you check out: http://partyphoto.hu/index.php?lang_v=en

    in helping you make that decision a bit more easier
    Sold.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #18
    Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Quincy, Illinois
    Posts
    583

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Here is a little more info to help you guys out.

    I am going to link the pics as they are large and I don't have the time to format them.

    This is a pic of the two storefronts. http://www.frostbot.com/manga/storefronts.JPG
    The after party would be on the left side. Pizza and whatnot would be on the right side.

    Here is a pic showing the patio. http://www.frostbot.com/manga/patio.JPG
    If the weather is nice the party can migrate outside.

    This is a pic of the inside of the store where the pizza consumed.
    http://www.frostbot.com/manga/EVinsde.JPG


    I will add more later.

  19. #19
    Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Quincy, Illinois
    Posts
    583

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the place he is letting us use will be closed as far as their business goes. If it's a restaurant, then I'm not sure he'll be able to sell us food if the cooks go home. Hopefully he can chime in on that.

    the other one is a coffee/ice cream.

    I think we'd still be ordering pizza if we went there (which is looking unlikely given the vote so far) unless my assumptions were wrong.

    Correct, I wouldn't want to hold my staff over.
    I feel that pizza is the most efficent way to deal with a small to mid-size party.

  20. #20
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Looks good. Is that area in the back of the inside pic extra seating? The patio would be good if nice weather.

    Well, I'm pulling for your greenwood location but I'm biased since Greenwood is a lot closer for me.

  21. #21
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by t1hs0n View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is a little more info to help you guys out.

    I am going to link the pics as they are large and I don't have the time to format them.

    This is a pic of the two storefronts. http://www.frostbot.com/manga/storefronts.JPG
    The after party would be on the left side. Pizza and whatnot would be on the right side.

    Here is a pic showing the patio. http://www.frostbot.com/manga/patio.JPG
    If the weather is nice the party can migrate outside.

    This is a pic of the inside of the store where the pizza consumed.
    http://www.frostbot.com/manga/EVinsde.JPG


    I will add more later.
    This looks like an incredible set-up. I'm in.

  22. #22
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    I'll go to Nora or Greenwood. But i really think we should give Greenwood a chance.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  23. #23
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Honestly, since t1hs01n has been nice enough to offer his own places of business for our forum party, I personally feel a vote is just insulting towards his generous offer.

    Who cares what side of town it is on, considering we have regulars that ALWAYS show up that come from out of the city to be here.
    Last edited by Roaming Gnome; 05-23-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: I need to be a little nicer
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  24. #24
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, since t1hs01n has been nice enough to offer his own places of business for our forum party, I personally feel a vote is just insulting towards his generous offer.

    Who cares what side of town it is on, considering we have regulars that ALWAYS show up that come from out of the city to be here.
    agreed. scrap the vote. we're going to his shop out of thanks and respect
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  25. #25
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Final vote for forum party location

    Fine by me.

Similar Threads

  1. Vote for the location of the July 12th forum party
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 07:06 PM
  2. HUGE Win For Us Tonight
    By Squirrelz in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 05:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •