Thread: Spike Lee to make Michael Jordan documentary

Default Spike Lee to make Michael Jordan documentary

http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/c...lee_to_ma.html

Spike Lee to make Michael Jordan documentary
    By Bob Longino | Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 07:27 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Spike Lee just recently filmed a documentary on Kobe Bryant (“A Day In the Life of Kobe Bryant” for ESPN, and now he’s turning his camera lens toward Michael Jordan.

At the Cannes Film Festival, Variety reports that Lee, who was born in Atlanta and attended college here, is ready to make a feature-length documentary on the pro basketball great and wants to bring the film and its star to France for next year’s fest.

The documentary is expected to include previously unseen footage of Jordan during his last two pro seasons in 2001-02 and 2002-03, all shot by NBA cameras.

Lee, a two-time Oscar nominee, is at Cannes promoting his new World War II drama “Miracle at St. Anna,” about black soldiers in Italy challenged not only by the Fascists they are fighting but racist commanders.

Are you interested in seeing a documentary on Michael Jordan from Spike Lee?

Default Re: Spike Lee to make Michael Jordan documentary

After When The Levees Broke, I'm interested in seeing any documentary joint by Spike.

Default Re: Spike Lee to make Michael Jordan documentary

I thought Spike Lee was from Brooklyn.

My initial reaction is, my god hasn't that story been told? But truthfully I'd probably start watching it to see if it held my attention.
    Last edited by Twes; 05-21-2008 at 03:53 PM.