Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

  1. #1
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    OK, folks, I have finally gotten a chance to put together the stats for the year, which also means officially naming the winner.

    (I apologize for the delay - work, and life in general, have been more than a little hectic for the last month or so. In fact, things have been quite busy for almost a year. But, the project I was working on went live today, so here we are...)

    So, without further ado, lets get to the winner, shall we? Winners in fact, as this year we have a tie. Will Galen won two of the last four to pull even with RoboDoug with 10 wins.

    mildlysane was a distant 3rd with 7 wins, which is still a pretty respectable total.

    As some of you might remember, there is an award that goes along with winning, a nice plaque. Or at least a "virtual" plaque. They are just about the right size of an avatar if so desired. So, here they are...



    Full statistics for the season are posted as well. You can find them at http://uk1.able-towers.com/~doug/robodoug/07-08/stats.html

    And while I'm at it, I never got around to posting last year's winner, either. My apoligies again, especially to tora tora, whose 7 wins bested both pwee31 and Doug with 6.



    Stats are at http://uk1.able-towers.com/~doug/robodoug/06-07/stats.html


    Here are the winners and the stats from the previous years.

    05-06



    Stats: http://uk1.able-towers.com/~doug/robodoug/05-06/stats.html

    04-05




    Stats: http://uk1.able-towers.com/~doug/robodoug/04-05/stats.html

    03-04




    Stats: http://uk1.able-towers.com/~doug/robodoug/03-04/stats.html

    02-03



    Stats: http://uk1.able-towers.com/~doug/robodoug/02-03/stats.html


    Well, folks, that's it for this year. Maybe this summer I'll make good on that plan to rewrite RoboDoug's guessing engine...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  2. #2
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Sweet! that's pretty cool, didn't realize I was that close last year

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Thanks, Doug.

  4. #4
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks, Doug.
    Next year I might even fix that nasty "admin's names don't get recorded right" bug...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  5. #5

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    I'll be back.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,687

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Congrats to this year's winners.. nice comeback in the clutch Will.

  7. #7
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboDoug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be back.
    I will too, and I'll beat you like a machine next year!

    Thanks for doing this Doug! I've played every year.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 05-17-2008 at 01:10 AM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,144

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Man, I used to play this all the time. I didn't play once all last season.

    Next year I'm hitting every game.

    I'm setting it as a personal goal.

  9. #9
    Sorry for bad english Rasmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Didn't even knew, that 05-06 was my co-year (as peacers) Nice to know! But since then have only played couple of times!

  10. #10
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,363
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Personally I wish I ad kept track of the number of W's and L's I guessed correctly.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  11. #11
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally I wish I ad kept track of the number of W's and L's I guessed correctly.
    That's one I don't automatically total up into the stats page. Sorry.

    Shade: Behold the power of SQL and relational databases!

    You were 42 of 67 for 63%.

    That's not bad. The best guesser with over 20 guesses (indyblue47) was only at 70%. There's a handful of others in the 63% - 68% range.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  12. #12
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboDoug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be back.
    You didn't call the next day. My database is not happy.
    Narf!

  13. #13
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,919

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    What? I don't get a banner for having a perfect guess?

    This is a lot of fun and I thank you for providing it for us. I am going to try to participate more next year as well.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You didn't call the next day. My database is not happy.
    You didn't tell me about the virus. "I've just been scanned, you said." Liar.

  15. #15
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Re-write it, test it out next year, and then take RoboDoug to Vegas, man!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  16. #16
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Thanks for the Stats and game Doug, Great Effort, any chance you can make a stat for wins per guesses in the future too
    Great effort and looking forword to 08/09


    RoboDoug wins 1 -8.2 Guesses
    Will Galen Wins 1-8.1 Guesses
    Midly Insane Wins 1-10.8 Guesses
    Tora Tora Wins 1-11.6 Guesses
    GO!!!! Wins 1 12.6 Guesses
    Last edited by GO!!!!!; 05-19-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: add more info


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  17. #17
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the Stats and game Doug, Great Effort, any chance you can make a stat for wins per guesses in the future too
    Great effort and looking forword to 08/09


    RoboDoug wins 1 -8.2 Guesses
    Will Galen Wins 1-8.1 Guesses
    Midly Insane Wins 1-10.8 Guesses
    Tora Tora Wins 1-11.6 Guesses
    GO!!!! Wins 1 12.6 Guesses
    I should be able to add that easily. I'll try to remember that for next year.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  18. #18
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,481

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Thanks for the info. Doug. It has been 5 years since I won? Wow, where does the time go? Will tied my non-RoboDoug record.
    Last edited by SycamoreKen; 05-19-2008 at 08:24 PM.

  19. #19
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Congrats everyone.

    Let me get in my DeLorean and congratulate everyone from years past.





  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,042

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Thank you Doug for putting the stats together. We counters love our stats

    Also great vid there Dukie

  21. #21
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Re-write it, test it out next year, and then take RoboDoug to Vegas, man!
    I have to admit of I've thought about that a couple of times. My ego says I'm good enough to do that - at the very least it is both an interesting and difficult problem. My favorite type. But, it IS a very difficult problem and would really be time consuming. And my gut feeling is that the margins would be too thin to make the risk/reward worth it.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  22. #22
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    I'm going to bump this once to make sure all those interested had a chance to see it.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  23. #23

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Thanks Doug, interesting results. I was a pre-season all-star. Then went on the waiver wire for most of the season.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  24. #24
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Guess The Score - This Years Winner (and stats (and more!))

    Bump, since I've gotten this years guesses set up.

    FAQ coming soon...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •