Thread: A little fill in the blank Pacer talk

Default A little fill in the blank Pacer talk

Maybe we can learn something about your vision for this team. Your hopes for a new direction. Or, you can just have some fun.

I’ve been a Pacer fan since _____. Thinking back it was _____ that first got me interested in the team.

There have been many teams through the years. Many styles of play and many personalities on the court and with the various coaching staffs we’ve seen.

Some teams are offensive, some defensive… I think I was proudest of the Pacers when they were known for _____ back in the _____ years.

I think the proudest moment I can remember of this team was _____.

I think the Pacer team that was really the best of all time was _____.

The best overall Pacer player of all time ABA/NBA was _____.

In the NBA era there have been a lot of great guys that have come through Indiana, from coaches to managers to players.
    The one guy who really turned things around for the Pacers and who really deserves the credit for the success they had was _____.

Obviously you pick the best player available and you don’t always know what position that will be. Having said this and holding all things equal I believe a team is best built around the _____ position.

Between offense and defense I want this team to be know for _____. I also want them to have _____.

The franchise struggled for a lot of years before they really broke through to a level of competitiveness in the 90’s. My feeling is that it will be _____ for them to get back and go even higher.

My overall feeling is _____.

I feel like there should be measurable improvement and signs that the team is heading in the right direction by _____ or they should _____.
    Last edited by Twes; 05-16-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Default Re: A little fill in the blank Pacer talk

All I see is this:

Am I alone?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Maybe we can learn something about your vision for this team. Your hopes for a new direction. Or, you can just have some fun.

I’ve been a Pacer fan since 1974. Thinking back i was playing at halftime when I was 6 that first got me interested in the team.

There have been many teams through the years. Many styles of play and many personalities on the court and with the various coaching staffs we’ve seen.

Some teams are offensive, some defensive… I think I was proudest of the Pacers when they were known for defense back in the imaginary years.

I think the proudest moments I can remember of this team was 5 minutes left, game 7 against the Bulls ECF.

I think the Pacer team that was really the best of all time was 99 or see last sentence.

The best overall player of all time ABA/NBA was MJ.

In the NBA era there were a lot of great guys that have come through Indiana. From coaches to managers to players.

The one guy who really turned things around for the Pacers and who really deserves the credit for the success they had was Reggie.

Obviously you pick the best player available and you don’t always know what position that will be. Having said this and holding all things equal I believe a team is best built around the Point Guard NOW it used to be a Center position.

Between offense and defense I want this team to be know for Defense. I also want them to have More Defense.

The franchise struggled for a lot of years before they really broke through to a level of competitiveness in the 90’s. My feeling is that it will be very likely its cyclical for them to get back and go even higher.

My overall feeling is Optimistic. I feel like there should be measurable improvement and signs that the team is heading in the right direction by the end of the draft this year or they should expect very little sympathy from fans.

This is a very unusual mad lib - how do I know if it's supposed to be an adjective, a noun or a verb?

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Okay, I'll play your game. But you might be shocked when you see this...

I’ve been a Pacer fan since 94. Thinking back it was Reggie that first got me interested in the team.
    Some teams are offensive, some defensive… I think I was proudest of the Pacers when they were known for Reggie back in the Reggie years.
    I think the proudest moments I can remember of this team was the slight pushoff on Jordan to nail the three at the buzzer (who was that again).
    I think the Pacer team that was really the best of all time was 04-05.
    The best overall player of all time ABA/NBA was Jichael Mordan.
    The one guy who really turned things around for the Pacers and who really deserves the credit for the success they had was Reggie.
    Having said this and holding all things equal I believe a team is best built around the PF or C position.
    Between offense and defense I want this team to be known for both. I also want them to have their taxes done?.
    The franchise struggled for a lot of years before they really broke through to a level of competitiveness in the 90’s. My feeling is that it will be a miracle for them to get back and go even higher.
    My overall feeling is kind of creepy.
    I feel like there should be measurable improvement and signs that the team is heading in the right direction by 2010 or they should travel back in time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I’ve been a Pacer fan since as long as I can remember, I watched the games with my dad when I was really small and he always told me to cheer for the blue team. Thinking back it was my dad that first got me interested in the team.

Some teams are offensive, some defensive… I think I was proudest of the Pacers when they were known for winning the right way back in the Reggie years.

I think the proudest moment I can remember of this team was making the finals.

I think the Pacer team that was really the best of all time was 2004-2005 (Yea, I went there).

The best overall Pacer player of all time ABA/NBA was from what I've heard and seen in tape I'd say George McGinnis.

In the NBA era there have been a lot of great guys that have come through Indiana, from coaches to managers to players.
    The one guy who really turned things around for the Pacers and who really deserves the credit for the success they had was Reggie Miller. (This one was tough, I guess Donnie should get credit for picking Reggie.)

Obviously you pick the best player available and you don’t always know what position that will be. Having said this and holding all things equal I believe a team is best built around the PG position.

Between offense and defense I want this team to be know for being well rounded. I also want them to have heart.

The franchise struggled for a lot of years before they really broke through to a level of competitiveness in the 90’s. My feeling is that it will be a shorter period of time for them to get back and go even higher.

My overall feeling is optimistic.

I feel like there should be measurable improvement and signs that the team is heading in the right direction by end of 2009 or they should fire Bird.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 05-16-2008 at 04:52 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I’ve been a Pacer fan since ____The Rifleman stuck seven straight treys in Boston Garden in the 1991 Playoffs___. Thinking back it was _____three point shooting_____ that first got me interested in the team.

Some teams are offensive, some defensive… I think I was proudest of the Pacers when they were known for ______being in the Finals_____ back in the ____Finals_____ year.

I think the proudest moment I can remember of this team was _____when Reggie made MJ into his b**** _____.

I think the Pacer team that was really the best of all time was ____1998___.

The best overall Pacer player of all time ABA/NBA was _____Reggie_____.

In the NBA era there have been a lot of great guys that have come through Indiana, from coaches to managers to players. The one guy who really turned things around for the Pacers and who really deserves the credit for the success they had was ____Reggie_____.

Obviously you pick the best player available and you don’t always know what position that will be. Having said this and holding all things equal I believe a team is best built around the ___missionary_____ position.

Between offense and defense I want this team to be know for ___rings____. I also want them to have ___trophies__.

The franchise struggled for a lot of years before they really broke through to a level of competitiveness in the 90’s. My feeling is that it will be ____difficult___ for them to get back and go even higher.

My overall feeling is ____hungry_____.

I feel like there should be measurable improvement and signs that the team is heading in the right direction by ___August 2009____ or they should ____just wait longer____.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

I’ve been a Pacer fan since 1994. Thinking back it was Reggie Miller that first got me interested in the team.

Some teams are offensive, some defensive… I think I was proudest of the Pacers when they were known for playing as hard as they possibly could in the latter half of the season and playoffs back in 2004-05.

I think the proudest moment I can remember of this team was when Reggie hit that 40-footer as time expired in the 2002 playoffs against the Nets.

I think the Pacer team that was really the best of all time was 2004-05.

The best overall Pacer player of all time ABA/NBA was Uncle Reg.

The one guy who really turned things around for the Pacers and who really deserves the credit for the success they had was Donnie Walsh.

Obviously you pick the best player available and you don’t always know what position that will be. Having said this and holding all things equal I believe a team is best built around the SG/SF - think about it position.

Between offense and defense I want this team to be know for defense. I also want them to have swagger.

The franchise struggled for a lot of years before they really broke through to a level of competitiveness in the 90’s. My feeling is that it will be painful for them to get back and go even higher.

My overall feeling is apathy.

I feel like there should be measurable improvement and signs that the team is heading in the right direction by 2010 or they should bring back Jack and Ron and give it one last crazy shot.

I’ve been a Pacer fan since 1972. Thinking back it was George McGinnis that first got me interested in the team.

Some teams are offensive, some defensive… I think I was proudest of the Pacers when they were known for offense back in the Reggie/Smits years.

I think the proudest moment I can remember of this team was in the mid 90's when the Pacers beat the Knicks in the playoffs for the first time.
    I think the Pacer team that was really the best of all time was 1998/99 team.

The best overall Pacer player of all time ABA/NBA was Reggie Miller.

The one guy who really turned things around for the Pacers and who really deserves the credit for the success they had was Donnie Walsh...because he hired Larry Brown.

Obviously you pick the best player available and you don’t always know what position that will be. Having said this and holding all things equal I believe a team is best built around the shooting guard position.

Between offense and defense I want this team to be know for defense. I also want them to have class and heart.

The franchise struggled for a lot of years before they really broke through to a level of competitiveness in the 90’s. My feeling is that it will be somewhat difficult for them to get back and go even higher.

My overall feeling is good, but would be better with new management...generally things are looking up.
    I feel like there should be measurable improvement and signs that the team is heading in the right direction by 2009 or they should change management.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I’ve been a Pacer fan since 1993. Thinking back it was Schoolmates that first got me interested in the team.

Some teams are offensive, some defensive… I think I was proudest of the Pacers when they were known for Pre-game dance routines that rocked back in the golden years.

I think the proudest moment I can remember of this team was Beating the Knicks to advance to the Finals.

I think the Pacer team that was really the best of all time was 2003-2004.

The best overall Pacer player of all time ABA/NBA was Miller.

The one guy who really turned things around for the Pacers and who really deserves the credit for the success they had was Donnie Walsh and his savior Reggie Miller.

Obviously you pick the best player available and you don’t always know what position that will be. Having said this and holding all things equal I believe a team is best built around the POINT GUARD position.

Between offense and defense I want this team to be know for off the court antics and/or thuggery. I also want them to have all the drugs that they need.

The franchise struggled for a lot of years before they really broke through to a level of competitiveness in the 90’s. My feeling is that it will be 5 years....ago, for them to get back and go even higher.

My overall feeling is hopeful.

I feel like there should be measurable improvement and signs that the team is heading in the right direction by THIS SEPTEMBER or they should stop what they are doing and start over.

Last edited by DGPR; 05-17-2008 at 01:57 AM.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

I've been a Pacer fan since 1998. Thinking back it was watching Michael Jordan's comeback at MSA that first got me interested in the team.

There have been many teams through the years. Many styles of play and many personalities on the court and with the various coaching staffs we've seen.

Some teams are offensive, some defensive... I think I was proudest of the Pacers when they were known for sticking it to the NBA darlings back in the 90's.

I think the proudest moment I can remember of this team was beating the New York Knicks in the 2000 ECFs, but almost as much the home game against Orlando right after the brawl where 6 guys played.

I think the Pacer team that was really the best of all time was one of the ABA Champions.

The best overall Pacer player of all time ABA/NBA was perhaps Mel Daniels.

The one guy who really turned things around for the Pacers and who really deserves the credit for the success they had was Byron Scott.

Obviously you pick the best player available and you don't always know what position that will be. Having said this and holding all things equal I believe a team is best built around the big man (low post) position.

Between offense and defense I want this team to known for balance, but ultimately defense.

The franchise struggled for a lot of years before they really broke through to a level of competitiveness in the 90's. My feeling is that it will be difficult for them to get back and go even higher.

My overall feeling is this sentence needed thematic structure to lead me on to an opinion over something specific.

I feel like there should be measurable improvement and signs that the team is heading in the right direction by 2009-2010 or they should get a new mindset on how to build a team.