Thread: Mock Draft

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Mock Draft

I did this because most mocks do not take need into consideration. Assuming no changes according to draft order based on reverse order of finish (like that would happen), I came up with my own mock draft....

1 miami Beasley
    2 seattle Rose
    3 minnesota Lopez
    4 memphis Mayo
    5 ny Bayless
    6 lac Westbrook
    7 mil Randolph
    8 cha Gordon
    9 chi Love
    10 nj Speights
    11 ind Augustin
    12 sac Jordan
    13 por Gallinari
    14 gs Arthur

Clippers really need a PG and I can see them taking Westbrook from "local" UCLA partially based on need and fan base as well as an attitude of worst case we've got a short but shut-down SG.

Beasley and Rose might go 2 and 1 respectively as I could see Miami taking Rose, but Seattle then would take Beasley.
    Last edited by MyFavMartin; 05-15-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Default Re: Mock Draft

I agree that Westbrook could climb that high after he has amazing workouts for the teams. I'm thinking Lopez falls, though.

Jordan can't play for 2 teams. I know Sacramento and Oakland are only 80 miles apart, but Stern probably wouldn't let that fly. It's also unlikely Sac would take him given that they already spent a lotto pick on a 19 year old center last year.
    Last edited by d_c; 05-15-2008 at 03:34 PM.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1 miami Beasley
    2 seattle Rose
    3 minnesota Lopez
    4 memphis Mayo
    5 ny Bayless
    6 lac Westbrook
    7 mil Randolph
    8 cha Gordon - Why? They have JRich, Carroll, Wallace signed to long deals at wing, with Dudley and 'Stache
    9 chi Love - They drafted Thomas and Noah, they also have Gray. Why draft another 4/5?
    10 nj Speights - Sean Williams, Josh Boone, possibly Krstic why another big?
    11 ind Augustin
    12 sac Jordan - i don't see this unless they expect either he or hawes to play the 4
    13 por Gallinari
    14 gs Jordan - more likely but i bolded this because you listed him twice
    most mocks don't take team need into account until after the lottery so they know which team will be picking where.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    most mocks don't take team need into account until after the lottery so they know which team will be picking where.
    my bad. had arthur in with sac until jordan dropped to them. SAC needs a PF and his set at C with Hawes. I don't think they pass on Jordan if given the chance, though they might go with Green to address SF as Artest might be gone soo via FA. (They do have Salmons though.)

the mock has been fixed.

My main point is that i typically find Augustin at #11 to the Pacers. I'd love to see someone else like Westbrook who could be a strong PG with very good defense, I don't think earlier teams will allow him to drop that far.
    Last edited by MyFavMartin; 05-15-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I agree that Westbrook could climb that high after he has amazing workouts for the teams. I'm thinking Lopez falls, though.
    I was impressed by what I saw out of Lopez at tournament time. He's ready physically and has strong post offense and good defense. He carried Stanford practically by himself at the end of his freshman year. That's impressive.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    I don't see CHA passing on Gordon in my mock. His talent is too great to pass on him. Stache can't stay healthy and Dudley is too much of an unknown. Gordon would bring shooting ability along with decent defense, the ability to penetrate, and the ability to create his own shot. Major upgrade at backup SG and potential starting SG down the road after Richardson retires... That or CHA drafts him and trades him for a PG, either starting PG or backup PG, their real need. Unfortunately, Westbrook doesn't fall to them and they much rather have Gordon than Augustin.

CHA already addressed the post needs with the trade for Nazr. Again they would love Randolph, but I see Milwaukee taking him. I also think they would like Gordon more than Love.

I could be wrong. (It happens every now and again.)

Chicago goes with Love due to his immediate provision of post offense, which Thomas and Noah lacks, but also provides the athleticism and toughness that Gray doesn't.

streets ahead

I don't see CHA passing on Gordon in my mock. His talent is too great to pass on him. Stache can't stay healthy and Dudley is too much of an unknown. Gordon would bring shooting ability along with decent defense, the ability to penetrate, and the ability to create his own shot. Major upgrade at backup SG and potential starting SG down the road after Richardson retires... That or CHA drafts him and trades him for a PG, either starting PG or backup PG, their real need. Unfortunately, Westbrook doesn't fall to them and they much rather have Gordon than Augustin.

CHA already addressed the post needs with the trade for Nazr. Again they would love Randolph, but I see Milwaukee taking him. I also think they would like Gordon more than Love.

I could be wrong. (It happens every now and again.)

Chicago goes with Love due to his immediate provision of post offense, which Thomas and Noah lacks, but also provides the athleticism and toughness that Gray doesn't.
    charlotte needs a PG and a C. i could see them trying to trade up with the twolves or another team that wouldn't mind trading down for more of a 'project' player like a jordan or gordon who could be had late lottery. nazr is not a longterm solution for that spot maybe lopez is. they could also try trading up for bayless or draft DJ but i'm not sure either of those two are larry brown players.

chicago does lack post offense but they invested quite a bit into ty thomas. unless they plan on using he or noah as trade bait... i think it also depends on the coach they hire what position they address.

Jose will do an all-PD mock once we get past the lottery.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Jose will do an all-PD mock once we get past the lottery.
    Thanks for remembering.

I've been giving it a little thought the past couple days, looking forward to it actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Thanks for remembering.

I've been giving it a little thought the past couple days, looking forward to it actually.
    I can't wait. I also think we should bring back the "best at each position" polls but maybe just top ten instead of top 30 like we did last year...

My main point is that i typically find Augustin at #11 to the Pacers. I'd love to see someone else like Westbrook who could be a strong PG with very good defense, I don't think earlier teams will allow him to drop that far.
    I think our best bet to get Westbrook is for the Clippers to move up. If they move into the top three they will pick someone else.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I think our best bet to get Westbrook is for the Clippers to move up. If they move into the top three they will pick someone else.
    but if they do draft westbrook it would make quinton ross available. TBird could finally rest in peace.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I can't wait. I also think we should bring back the "best at each position" polls but maybe just top ten instead of top 30 like we did last year...
    Yeah, those are always fun threads .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

The Warriors get Arthur at #14? Not bad. Sign me up. I've certainly seen worse.

That said, I think Arthur ends up with Sacramento. They drafted a 19 year old center last year. They probably won't draft another and their current PFs are Kenny Thomas, Mikki Moore and Shareef Abdur Rahim. That's ugly.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man you've got Gallinari slipping but I've been seeing that all over lately. He could end up to be a decent steal for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Thanks for remembering.

I'm looking forward to yours as well. I did it last year, and it was a little time consuming. It'll be nice to be a part of the REAL PD Mock . b/c I had no clue last year