Thread: Assuming we could get T-Mac for Artest and either Al, Bender, or Freddie, would

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Assuming we could get T-Mac for Artest and either Al, Bender, or Freddie, would

Why or why not?

Yeah, I know it's been discussed ad nauseum already, but I want to know what everyone's final decision would be if Orlando made this offer to us.

I'd offer up Ron and Freddie for T-Mac if necessary.

C - Foster/Pollard/Brezec
    PF - O'Neal/Croshere
    SF - Harrington/Bender
    SG - McGrady/Miller/JJones
    PG - Tinsley/Johnson/Brewer

Mood

Default Re: Assuming we could get T-Mac for Artest and either Al, Bender, or Freddie, wo

Since you said Ron I voted No, but I would still say yes if he's gone purely for off-court issues. Basketball-wise no I wouldn't.

Default Re: Assuming we could get T-Mac for Artest and either Al, Bender, or Freddie, wo

Why or why not?
    I voted no. I wouldn't trade both Artest and Bender or Artest and Al for Tmac. The only one I would do, Artest and Fred, doesn't work.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I'd do Artest and Bender, and of course I'd do Artest and Fred Jones.

I wouldn't do Artest and Harrington, unless a third team was involved (any why would Orlando want both of those guys if we can't find room for both?) and we received some extra compensation (next year's #1 or a legit backup to compliment Austin and Brent Barry :wishful thinking: ).
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I'd do Artest and Bender, and of course I'd do Artest and Fred Jones.

I wouldn't do Artest and Harrington, unless a third team was involved (any why would Orlando want both of those guys if we can't find room for both?) and we received some extra compensation (next year's #1 or a legit backup to compliment Austin and Brent Barry :wishful thinking: ).
    Losing Ron and Al would make us WAY weak and unphysical up front. No
    Ron and Bender yes. hate to lose Freddie, but yes.
    That's my point, although I admittedly did a really bad job of explaining it. I do agree, we'd have to get back more than just T-Mac if the trade was Al + Ron, because if we traded them separately, we could conceivably get Dampier (or another center if you'd prefer) AND T-Mac.

When this poll gets to 25 yeps and 1,654,165 nopes we'll know UB found the autoclick program Hicks used to rig the NBA.com polls a couple of years ago....... :P
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Anytime I hear Ron's name come up in this deal, I just want to put my fist thru my monitor and chuck the CPU thru my front window!!!

I don't get it, the way I look at it, R.A. is guaranteed for 23 to 27 points per night. Let me explain before you think I am just a strait nut case. Ron can score 13 to 15 points a night, no sweat...yet, on top of that...he is good for knocking at least 10 points off the average for whoever he is guarding.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

I voted NO!!!

I like McGrady, but Artest's contract makes him invaluable!!!
    Here, everyone have a : on me

sweabs

No.

Artest has to stay.

I can't believe people are actually thinking about trading artest...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh let's give up our core defensive player for Offense , let's step backwards ...we can put up more points but our defense sucks ..Sounds like your typical WC Team if we do it .

I think you can figure out which way I voted

If you have watched any of the NBA Finals you will see Defense is the Reason Detriot is Winning , not cause they have a tremendous amount of offensive firepower.

I would trade anyone and everyone except J.O or Artest.

Anytime I hear Ron's name come up in this deal, I just want to put my fist thru my monitor and chuck the CPU thru my front window!!!

I don't get it, the way I look at it, R.A. is guaranteed for 23 to 27 points per night. Let me explain before you think I am just a strait nut case. Ron can score 13 to 15 points a night, no sweat...yet, on top of that...he is good for knocking at least 10 points off the average for whoever he is guarding.
    Well TMAC averages 28 on offense alone...
    and hes a better than average defender

Mood

Well TMAC averages 28 on offense alone...
    and hes a better than average defender
    so your saying you can gaurantee he will do the same in Indy since the Offense will not run through him ? If I remember right the year before he avg 32.

oh but i voted no mainly for contract issues and i think our team would benefit much more by keeping artest and trading al for a not as good, but still good shooting guard, than trading artest to get tmac...

the way i see it we get a little better by trading artest for tmac, but getting someone for harrington is like getting someone for free.

harrington is a good player but on this team he is not needed

Mood

oh but i voted no mainly for contract issues and i think our team would benefit much more by keeping artest and trading al for a not as good, but still good shooting guard, than trading artest to get tmac...

the way i see it we get a little better by trading artest for tmac, but getting someone for harrington is like getting someone for free.

harrington is a good player but on this team he is not needed
    ahh..ok

I don't think we need a Tmac to be sucessful , just give me a SG who can get me 15-18ppg consistantly and I think we would be alright.

Mood

opps I forgot there is a edit button

Nerd.
    Mood

You NEVER sacrifice defense for instant offense.

Non.

Since you said Ron I voted No, but I would still say yes if he's gone purely for off-court issues. Basketball-wise no I wouldn't.
    Hicks, if the trade is worse for the team as far as playing the game (which I am assuming you believe it is from you final sentence) than why would you be ok with it if its for off court reasons? It seems that this is saying that you would be willing to put up with a worse team if it was a less controversial team off the court. Is this your oppinion?

Non.
    Exactly. Some of you really are undervaluing what Artest does.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Non.
    Exactly. Some of you really are undervaluing what Artest does.

Not me :P

I would trade anyone and everyone except J.O or Artest.
    I would trade anyone and everyone except J.O
    I'd trade JO. But only if the Spurs were looking to move Duncan.