Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

  1. #1
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,833
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Didn't see this posted yet, so:

    http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=3639499

    PIKEVILLE, KY. - Before he works out with the Golden State Warriors in early-June, former East Kentucky Miner Josh Pace will work out for two other NBA teams. The Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers have both shown great interest in Pace, one of minor league basketball's top players following his debut season with the East Kentucky Miners. Pace is scheduled to work out for the Heat May 14-16. The CBA All-Star is scheduled to work out for the Pacers May 19....(more)


    An off-guard/small forward out of Syracuse, he was described back then as not having great range...10-ft and in, but he's been averaging 23 pts in the CBA.

    The name fits anyway.
    Last edited by kester99; 05-13-2008 at 12:18 AM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    The name fits anyway.

    Yeah. That would be kinda cool to have a player named Pace.

    He's not going to be "the answer" to any of our propblems, but it would be nice to invite him to camp.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  3. #3
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,128
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    It really looks like Rush is not getting a second chance.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It really looks like Rush is not getting a second chance.
    Nope, and I really didn't expect he would. He really wasn't the "light-out" type of shooter anyone expected him to be. I think injuries were a part of that, but he fought through it and tried hard. Nonetheless, when you have a talent like Stephen Graham over there waiting in the wings who clearly has more of an upside to him than Rush, you can't ignore such an up-and-coming talent like that.

  5. #5
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    If they're gonna start mining the CBA for 6-4 shooting guards why not go with a guy who averaged more points a game, more rebounds a game and went to a local college?

  6. #6
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,562

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Or just watch an old tape of Fred Jones driving to his right, shouldn't be hard to find.

  7. #7
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they're gonna start mining the CBA for 6-4 shooting guards why not go with a guy who averaged more points a game, more rebounds a game and went to a local college?
    Because despite what everyone here think he'll be long gone by the time the Pacers pick.

  8. #8
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,833
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    I can't even pretend to know what's in Management's mind here...I know they've said they're looking at point and big man positions. So here's another 2/3 candidate.

    As far as Rush goes, I'm not against keeping him by any means. There were games this year when he was the answer. And Graham has good defensive skills, as does Pace, supposedly.

    But where are the point and big candidates...I'd get Earl Calloway from the Mad Ants and anybody else I could think of into camp before I worried about the SGs and SFs.

    We can only wait and see, though. Pray. Cross fingers.

  9. #9
    Never Quit. Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    The only person I would think about adding from the NBDL is Calloway. Only because he's a Hoosier. Other than that, I don't care about any other players because none of them will help us.

  10. #10
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,868

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Assuming that nothing changes ( which IMHO is entirely possible despite what TPTB says ), looking at the current salary cap situation along....I think that we are going to be looking at another season of minor offseason acquisitions for players that will be 8th to 14th rotational players.

    Unless there is some major trade involving some of our huge contracts ( which I think is near impossible ), then I can see another Stephen Graham....Diener and Rush type signing. Nothing outstanding that will make a significant impact.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #11
    Good Job Larry! Indianapolis_girly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Central Indiana.
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Yeah, I`d love to get a guy that went to IU.

    I miss Roderick Wilmont, I liked him.


    Some people want it to happen, some
    wish it would happen, & others make it happen.
    ..Michael Jordan.

    Pressure is something you feel when
    you don't know what the hell you're
    doing.
    ..Peyton Manning.

  12. #12
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Indianapolis_girly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I`d love to get a guy that went to IU.

    I miss Roderick Wilmont, I liked him.
    It's kinda cool.. Wilmont and Calloway are on the same team, in Ft. Wayne. And Calloway is actually sorta dominating there..

  13. #13
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,486

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Stand Pat again you say KC?
    Naptime, you know what to do.

  14. #14
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,868

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stand Pat again you say KC?
    Naptime, you know what to do.
    I wasn't saying that I wanted to "Stand Pat", I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if we did. I've come to realize.....oddly enough from reading many of Seth's posts....that we shouldn't expect wide-sweeping moves in one fell swoop that will wipe away the remnants of this team....I expect it to be a slow and painful set of moves that occurs at a snail's rate over the next 2-3 seasons. The reality is that our salary-cap and financial situation sucks and I don't see us making any significant moves in the near future due to those restrictions.

    I may want Tinsley, Murphy, Dunleavy or even JONeal traded.....but that doesn't mean that I expect that it's going to happen with the wave of a magic wand.

    I'm guessing the most change this offseason that we will see if Marquis and Ike being shopped....anything outside of that ( for example, trading Tinsley ) would be a surprise for me.....only cuz such a feet as moving Tinsley would be miraculous.

    BTW....just because JO'B doesn't see Tinsley as part of our future doesn't mean that he's going to be moved anytime soon. This is something that many of us have wanted for a few seasons now....but has he been moved? Nope.....why? Cuz it's near impossible to move a injury prone PG that is owed $21 mil over the next 3 years.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-13-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #15
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,678

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    In an already wing-laden team that needs a lot of improvement and a real talent infusion, I think the last thing we really need is another combo G/F from the CBA.

    Now if this guy was the best big or the best PG in the CBA I'd at least raise my eyebrow. But he's just another combo player like Williams/Granger/Dunleavy/Graham/Daniels. Yep, that's about half our team.

  16. #16
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,128
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    A 5th 2/3 is common on a 15 man squad. If he is inactive the entire year, it may be depth that we need if we make a move by the trade deadline.

  17. #17
    Member tdubb03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    I thought Zeke destroyed the CBA?

  18. #18
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because despite what everyone here think he'll be long gone by the time the Pacers pick.
    Dammit! All day long people think I was pushing for Eric Gordon. I really meant another 6-4 shooting guard who averaged more PPG and RPG and went to a local college but played in the CBA........Odell Bradley of IUPUI. Hence the "if they're gonna start mining the CBA" part of my OP.

  19. #19
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,833
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    I was pretty sure you didn't mean Gordon, Dr G....just didn't know who you were talking about.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  20. #20
    Member mb221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OC, MD
    Age
    30
    Posts
    300

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's kinda cool.. Wilmont and Calloway are on the same team, in Ft. Wayne. And Calloway is actually sorta dominating there..
    Calloway has to get a shot in the NBA at some point. He's got a stroke and solid ballhandling, plus speed for days. Unfortunately for Hot Rod, I just don't see him latching on anywhere. I actually went to the last Mad Ants game this season and Wilmont got hardly any playing time and looked to have little to no confidence.

  21. #21
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,868

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by mb221 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calloway has to get a shot in the NBA at some point. He's got a stroke and solid ballhandling, plus speed for days. Unfortunately for Hot Rod, I just don't see him latching on anywhere. I actually went to the last Mad Ants game this season and Wilmont got hardly any playing time and looked to have little to no confidence.
    You would think that we would give Calloway a chance in Training Camp to see if he can at least make the team as a 3rd PG option on the team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. #22
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

    While I still think that Tinsley will be moved at all costs, I also expect a lot of low-grade signings and moves like this one and the Graham one. As Cable mentioned we're tax-strapped, so we're going to need to have three or four guys at or around the league minimum to fill out the roster.

    Again, I expect at least one major move (JO or, preferrably, Tinsley), but then several Diener-type moves as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Do boomerangs work in space? Yes.
    By Will Galen in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 06:56 PM
  2. Donnie Walsh in talks to keep Pace
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •