Thread: Ka-ching the Patriots score runner up bling

Default Ka-ching the Patriots score runner up bling

I get it when teams who have never won SB's before would celebrate winning an AFC title. But I don't get why the Patriots are(not trying to start anything just wondering) I mean even the Bills never saw a reason to celebrate(did they have rings back then for them anyone know?)

Although I would be lying if I didn't find this to be the least bit amusing.... seeing as how if the roles were reversed you would be laughing at us(and we would deserve it)

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...osition=recent

Ka-ching! Patriots score runner-up bling
    By Inside Track
    Sunday, May 11, 2008 - Updated 11h ago

Word from Foxboro is that the New England Patriots [team stats] were fitted for their rings last week.

No, that would not be Super Bowl XLII rings. Eli Manning & Co. are sporting those. The Pats will be getting the smaller, less bling-encrusted AFC Championship rings in honor of their nearly undefeated season.

“Winning the AFC championship is still an honor that is recognized by a championship ring,” said team spokesguy Stacey James.

The Pats haven’t had that particular brand of jewelry since the 1996 season - the last time they went to the Super Bowl and failed to bring home the Lombardi Trophy.

And although winning the conference championship was considered quite a feat in the ’96 season - and the ’85 season for that matter - in 2008, well, not so much . . .

James said it’s unclear whether the team will throw a ring ceremony, as in past years when Tom Brady [stats] & Co. won the Super Bowl.

“I don’t know what the plan is,” he said.

Meanwhile, in NYC, the New York Giants have commissioned Tiffany & Co. to design their blingtastic jewelry. According to W magazine, defensive end Michael Strahan has demanded “a 10-table ring,” which, he explained, is “when I walk into a restaurant, I want you to be able to see it from 10 tables away.”

Manning’s wife, Abby, who works in fashion design, already has announced that her hubby “won’t be wearing it.”

To which Eli sheepishly replied: “I might wear it for a few months.”

File under: Lords of the Rings.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ka-ching the Patriots score runner up bling

Eli Mannings wife needs to not be a *****, wow.

For example, I love Sperry boat shoes. My gf says they make me look like a 65 year old man but she knows I like them so she just puts up with it. C'mon, Abby.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eli Mannings wife needs to not be a *****, wow.

For example, I love Sperry boat shoes. My gf says they make me look like a 65 year old man but she knows I like them so she just puts up with it. C'mon, Abby.
    It could've been taken out of context but if not she should realize that she's lucky he didn't trade her in for a better model. Most guys who win the SB probably would if they can get away with it.

I believe that every team who has ever made it to the Super Bowl has always gotten a conference championship ring.

Yes, members of the Buffalo Bills from their heydey have 4 AFC conference championship rings.

Don't the Colts actually have banners hanging in the rafters for wild card appearances? That is something unique, I believe. Can you tell me one other team in the NFL that celebrates that with a banner?

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    I believe that every team who has ever made it to the Super Bowl has always gotten a conference championship ring.

Yes, members of the Buffalo Bills from their heydey have 4 AFC conference championship rings.

Don't the Colts actually have banners hanging in the rafters for wild card appearances? That is something unique, I believe. Can you tell me one other team in the NFL that celebrates that with a banner?
    If the Colts make the postseason, they hang a banner that represents the furthest point that they reached.

For example, in 2003, the Colts made it to the AFC championship and won the AFC South. But the only banner that hangs is the "AFC Finalist" Banner, because that represents the farthest point of their achievements for that season.

For 06, the only banner that hangs is the Super Bowl Banner. No South Banner, or no AFC Finalist.

In 05, the only banner they have is the South Champions Banner, and for say 2000, they have the AFC Wildcard Banner. Those banners reprsent the farthest point of their achievements.

Does that explain it? When I was at a Colts game, I sat there for a while trying to figure out how they decided on their banners, and this was the conclusion that I came to.

It doesn't surprise me. I'm pretty sure you get a ring in high school basketball in Indiana just for making it to the championship game.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    It doesn't surprise me. I'm pretty sure you get a ring in high school basketball in Indiana just for making it to the championship game.
    All sports, BTW.

I know a couple of different girls that have runner-up rings in tennis, and in volleyball.

Doubt they'll throw a celebratory party. Still nice to get a bit of appreciation as making it to the SB and being the AFC champs is a feat in itself.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see no problem with this. There some current Pats that weren't Pats when they won those SBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    If the Colts make the postseason, they hang a banner that represents the furthest point that they reached.

For example, in 2003, the Colts made it to the AFC championship and won the AFC South. But the only banner that hangs is the "AFC Finalist" Banner, because that represents the farthest point of their achievements for that season.

For 06, the only banner that hangs is the Super Bowl Banner. No South Banner, or no AFC Finalist.

In 05, the only banner they have is the South Champions Banner, and for say 2000, they have the AFC Wildcard Banner. Those banners reprsent the farthest point of their achievements.

Does that explain it? When I was at a Colts game, I sat there for a while trying to figure out how they decided on their banners, and this was the conclusion that I came to.
    I just don't see that Finalist banner hanging in Lucas. Even as a Colts fan I think that one is dorky.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.