Thread: Tinsley for Portland?

Smile Tinsley for Portland?

Since most of us seem pretty anxious to get rid of Jamaal Tinsley - for well-documented reasons, I might say - here is my trade proposal for that case. We would need to do some business with Portland Trail Blazers.

Pacers gets Jarrett Jack, Joel Przybilla, Josh McRoberts and the rights for 2007 first round draft pick (30#) Petteri Koponen.

Trail Blazers gets Jamaal Tinsley.

Salarywise this will be a succesful trade according to ESPN.COM Trade Machine and RealGM Trade Checker.

Now, why would the teams go for this?

Portland gets a proven commodity, a veteran starting PG capable to play alongside with the other starters Roy, Webster, Aldridge and Oden. Tinsley can certainly run the team and really help it while Trail Blazers tries to reach the playoffs in the West next season. In case Tinsley fails healthywise again, Portland would still have a reliable backup PG in Steve Blake.

Indiana gets 1) a decent perimeter defender and - if not ultimately a starter in the team - at least a physical backup PG in Jack, 2) a rebounding C in Przybilla to fill the obvious need for a big man in the middle - especially if Harrison is not coming back, 3) an athletic PF and a developing young local boy (fan favourite) in McRoberts and 4) the rights for PG Koponen.

I have seen Koponen in action many times here in Finland. Koponen just recently won a back-to-back championship title with his Espoo team, and he was chosen the Player of the Year in Finnish league. Koponen is a smart 20-year-old with good vision for the game, standing at 6' 4" without shoes. He could be serviceable for us in the near future, perhaps suitable for third PG position even for this upcoming season.

As I see it, in this proposal the gains for both teams should be substantially bigger than the losses. So why not go for it!

Your thoughts?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tinsley for Portland?

Quote Originally Posted by FinPacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since most of us seem pretty anxious to get rid of Jamaal Tinsley - for well-documented reasons, I might say - here is my trade proposal for that case. We would need to do some business with Portland Trail Blazers.

Pacers gets Jarrett Jack, Joel Przybilla, Josh McRoberts and the rights for 2007 first round draft pick (30#) Petteri Koponen.

Trail Blazers gets Jamaal Tinsley.

Salarywise this will be a succesful trade according to ESPN.COM Trade Machine and RealGM Trade Checker.

Now, why would the teams go for this?

Portland gets a proven commodity, a veteran starting PG capable to play alongside with the other starters Roy, Webster, Aldridge and Oden. Tinsley can certainly run the team and really help it while Trail Blazers tries to reach the playoffs in the West next season. In case Tinsley fails healthywise again, Portland would still have a reliable backup PG in Steve Blake.

Indiana gets 1) a decent perimeter defender and - if not ultimately a starter in the team - at least a physical backup PG in Jack, 2) a rebounding C in Przybilla to fill the obvious need for a big man in the middle - especially if Harrison is not coming back, 3) an athletic PF and a developing young local boy (fan favourite) in McRoberts and 4) the rights for PG Koponen.

I have seen Koponen in action many times here in Finland. Koponen just recently won a back-to-back championship title with his Espoo team, and he was chosen the Player of the Year in Finnish league. Koponen is a smart 20-year-old with good vision for the game, standing at 6' 4" without shoes. He could be serviceable for us in the near future, perhaps suitable for third PG position even for this upcoming season.

As I see it, in this proposal the gains for both teams should be substantially bigger than the losses. So why not go for it!

Your thoughts?

I'd be stunned if Portland would take on a headache like Tinsley....

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    I'd be stunned if Portland would take on a headache like Tinsley....
    The most important thing is that, for sure, Portland - or any NBA-team for that matter - knows Tinsley is productive on-the-court, just take a look at his assists per game, for example. I would argue Trail Blazers will undisputably get a better playmaker in Tinsley compared to any of the point guards they had this season. As for being such a headache off-the-court... well, maybe a change of scenery would help Tinsley in some way... or maybe not, yes, but would you ever really know?

Anyway, I'd say from their perspective, Portland won't miss that much letting Jack, LaFrentz and McRoberts (plus Koponen) go in order to get Tinsley. They must have a big need for a really good PG while competing in such a tough Western Conference. Let's keep in mind that Jack isn't actually very highly valued by the coaching staff. In addition to that, LaFrentz is now easily replaceable in the team with the emergence of Greg Oden and McRoberts most likely won't get many minutes next season either.

Tinsley is injury-prone, we all know that. His off-the-court behaviour is well-known here in the Pacerland, in particular. However, I'm just not totally convinced that his overall reputation is extremely bad in the eyes of GM's wanting desperately to upgrade their roster talent.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

THere is no way I see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    THere is no way I see this happening.
    ya we got to add more than just Tinsley for that trade to work. Instead of Pryzbila, i would rather have Frye (younger and cheaper)