Since most of us seem pretty anxious to get rid of Jamaal Tinsley - for well-documented reasons, I might say - here is my trade proposal for that case. We would need to do some business with Portland Trail Blazers.

Pacers gets Jarrett Jack, Joel Przybilla, Josh McRoberts and the rights for 2007 first round draft pick (30#) Petteri Koponen.

Trail Blazers gets Jamaal Tinsley.

Salarywise this will be a succesful trade according to ESPN.COM Trade Machine and RealGM Trade Checker.

Now, why would the teams go for this?

Portland gets a proven commodity, a veteran starting PG capable to play alongside with the other starters Roy, Webster, Aldridge and Oden. Tinsley can certainly run the team and really help it while Trail Blazers tries to reach the playoffs in the West next season. In case Tinsley fails healthywise again, Portland would still have a reliable backup PG in Steve Blake.

Indiana gets 1) a decent perimeter defender and - if not ultimately a starter in the team - at least a physical backup PG in Jack, 2) a rebounding C in Przybilla to fill the obvious need for a big man in the middle - especially if Harrison is not coming back, 3) an athletic PF and a developing young local boy (fan favourite) in McRoberts and 4) the rights for PG Koponen.

I have seen Koponen in action many times here in Finland. Koponen just recently won a back-to-back championship title with his Espoo team, and he was chosen the Player of the Year in Finnish league. Koponen is a smart 20-year-old with good vision for the game, standing at 6' 4" without shoes. He could be serviceable for us in the near future, perhaps suitable for third PG position even for this upcoming season.

As I see it, in this proposal the gains for both teams should be substantially bigger than the losses. So why not go for it!

Your thoughts?