Thread: Pacers/Raps

Default Pacers/Raps

Indiana outgoing: Daniels, Diogu, #11
    Indiana incoming: Calderon, Baston, #17

Raptors outgoing: Calderon, Baston, #17
    Raptors incoming: Daniels, Baston, #17

The Raptos can sign & trade Calderon to us and take a cheaper backup at #11 to back up Tj Ford, in the process they get a good young piece in Ike, and a player in Daniels who can run both the PG and wing positions

The Pacers move down a few spots in the draft, but get their PG, as well as a former big men in return that could fit our system better, all while still being able to get a solid pick in the draft

Default Re: Pacers/Raps

I think the Raptors value Jose more than that.

sweabs

There is no doubt in my mind that Calderon will be back with the Raptors next year.

Colangelo has said time and time again that his number one priority this offseason is keeping Calderon. He has also said that he will do whatever it takes to keep him there; meaning, he has no problem exceeding any offer a team throws out there.

He's a great, young point guard, and I think most Raptors fans will tell you that they realize he's the better option out of the two guys they have at that spot. And more importantly, Colangelo knows it too - and has shown his full support for Jose.

He will do every single thing within his power to keep him a Raptor. Colangelo values and realizes the importance of a good point guard.

Oh, and Jose is also probably Sam Mitchell's favourite player (or one of them). Sam took him under his wing in his first year and has really molded him into the player that he is today. Mitchell reiterated some of these points at the Raptors Media Day last week. Also, Colangelo spoke about Jose and his intentions on keeping him. They're not stupid.

Colangelo said that he will 'fix' the PG situation in Toronto. I think this means to trade Ford for a C that could reb and play defense and re-sign Jose

streets ahead

something like:

dunleavy, foster, #11
    calderon, parker, garbo, #17

makes more sense value-wise but as rcarey said BC seems set on re-signing him.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indiana outgoing: Daniels, Diogu, #11
    Indiana incoming: Calderon, Baston, #17

Raptors outgoing: Calderon, Baston, #17
    Raptors incoming: Daniels, Baston, #17
    I think that's the type of offer that gets you hung up on. I think they'd consider it more of an insult than a lowball starting point.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Sports Logo Sports Logo

To get a point guard averaging around 8apg (with a great FG% and no chemistry/attitude issues) I'd assume we'd have to give up our best player...

I don't think we could trade two expiring contracts (and fairly unproductive players) and a high pick for a great point and a pretty high pick.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There is no way Toronto is trading Calderon. The only way I see Calderon being with another team is if someone gives him a Max Deal. Not many teams can afford that. I could see Charlotte, but they are too cheap. Memphis doesn't need another PG. No one else has the cap room, unless Arenas opts out and Jamison doesn't resign, or Elton Brand opts out. That or JO opts out... hahaha. yeah right. Then it would require somebody to use their max deal on a terrific, although unproven point guard. Not happening, especially with next summer's free agent class.

We would be better off going after Ford, who seems to be readily available. I think his injury problems are worth the risk. I could see some sort of TJ Ford and Joey Graham for Troy Murphy and a second rounder. I know thats another SF that we are picking up, but that allows us to trade Dunleavy or Daniels more readily. I think Granger needs to be playing more at the SG spot for us. Graham is more physical than Granger as well and could handle the bigger F's a bit easier. And just about anybody is better individually on defense than Dunleavy, which is why he should be playing a sixth man role with the way he can score, since i doubt we will be trading him.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no way Toronto is trading Calderon. The only way I see Calderon being with another team is if someone gives him a Max Deal. Not many teams can afford that. I could see Charlotte, but they are too cheap. Memphis doesn't need another PG. No one else has the cap room, unless Arenas opts out and Jamison doesn't resign, or Elton Brand opts out. That or JO opts out... hahaha. yeah right. Then it would require somebody to use their max deal on a terrific, although unproven point guard. Not happening, especially with next summer's free agent class.

We would be better off going after Ford, who seems to be readily available. I think his injury problems are worth the risk. I could see some sort of TJ Ford and Joey Graham for Troy Murphy and a second rounder. I know thats another SF that we are picking up, but that allows us to trade Dunleavy or Daniels more readily. I think Granger needs to be playing more at the SG spot for us. Graham is more physical than Granger as well and could handle the bigger F's a bit easier. And just about anybody is better individually on defense than Dunleavy, which is why he should be playing a sixth man role with the way he can score, since i doubt we will be trading him.
    No thanks for Ford. We already have an injured starting PG, we dont need another. Ford went down pretty hard this season when Horford hit him. Ford was considering retirement. We cant have another PG play half a season and especially with the salary those two are getting