Thread: Would Any of These Trades Satisfy You?

Artestaholic

Default Would Any of These Trades Satisfy You?

Could Jalen return to his pre-Chicago form and bring the scoring and overall game the Pacers need at shooting guard?
    Im not sure if Keon is a free agent this offseason or not, RealGM had a 0 under "years remaining".
    This would be the Bulls signing the free agent Crawford and then trading him to the Pacers.
    Could Dampier be an All-Star in ther East?

Default Re: Would Any of These Trades Satisfy You?

the only trade remotely aceptable would be the Crawford one and even then with some hesitation.

The rest would be a downgrading for the P's in my opinion.

I have no wish for Speedy and Tins on the same team, nor does anyone wish to get rid of Tins I think.
    Damp is to expensive, if trading with the warriors i would want to receive J-Rich. anything else would be throw in, including Damp who I would not do in a S&T (yes we could have stuck to Brad) but would take his final two years on his contract.

Jalen Rose is enough to make me violently ill just thinking about it and Johnson is not what we are looking for at SG, we have better on the bench.

sowwy
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Artestaholic

*I messed up*

Artestaholic

I have no wish for Speedy and Tins on the same team, nor does anyone wish to get rid of Tins I think.
    I never said trade Tinsley. Speedy would be Tinsley's backup. Speedy would be one of the better backup points in the league imo, certainly better than Anthony Johnson. He could bring a lot of scoring and energy off the bench.

Damp is to expensive, if trading with the warriors i would want to receive J-Rich. anything else would be throw in, including Damp who I would not do in a S&T (yes we could have stuck to Brad) but would take his final two years on his contract.
    Well the Pacers would be giving back equal salary, so I dont see how Dampiers salary really factors in since he'd fill a big hole in our team. The only thing that would concern me about Dampier would be that he could be one of those guys who care about getting paid and nothing else (Olowokandi) or he would get injured and his contract would be money thrown away. (Grant Hill). Dampier WOULD be an All-Star on the Pacers. He puts up better numbers than Jamaal Magloire and the Pacers are better than the Hornets. I think a lof of people on this board seriously underrate Erick Dampier for some reason. Do you all realize this guy averaged 12.3 ppg, 12.0 rpg, and 1.9 bpg last year playing in the bigman-filled West. Those numbers are very comparable to someone like Ben Wallace. Now imagine how much someone like Ben Wallace would help Jermaine out.

Jalen Rose is enough to make me violently ill just thinking about it and Johnson is not what we are looking for at SG, we have better on the bench.
    I don't know why so many people dislike Jalen Rose. I think he was one of the most likable Pacers ever. And did we not go to the Finals with Jalen as our leading scorer? Sure he's had some additude problems, but look at the team's he's been on since he left Indy. Jalen has the experience, and the skills to help the Indiana Pacers. He's got as good a 16' shot as anybody in the league, which would help the team immensely. And it's not like we're giving anything valuable in return. If the Pacers upgrade at center then Jeff would be the backup and that pretty much kills what little use we had for Pollard in the first place. And Austin sucks so he'd be no loss. Plus both guys have ugly contracts.
    As for Joe Johnson, many people think he's a future superstar. He's only 22 years old and is already putting up better than 15/4/4. Joe Johnson is as productive as Al Harrington and imo has more potential and he happens to play the Pacers weakest position. Bring in Joe Johnson now and you could have a great shooting guard for the next 10 years. Keon Clark, I'm not sure if he's a FA or not. I do know he's not he's a very solid center and could challenge Jeff for the starting job or could be a much better backup than Scot Pollard.
    And Jamal Crawford is "the right situation" away from becoming a star. This kids got serious game and I'd Love to have him on the Pacers even if it meant giving up Al.
    So I pretty much like all 3 trades.

sowwy
    It's ok

1. I don't think Speedy would like being a back-up, so that would be cause for some serious problems.
    I like him , but I think Tins has more potential and is a better passer. If he would seriously like to be Tins' backup then heck bring him in today!

Dampier as I said in an earlier thread, IF he does not opt out of his current contract nad remains on the salary for 2 more years, THEN it would be interesting to have him, yet I would very much prefer to combine him with J-Rich, which would solve another of our problems in one go, that construction would never leave us as losers in the deal, if Damp doesn't work out in the next 2 year, he can happily signs somewhere else, if he does work out we cna discuss monetary matters, J-Rich has to many upsides not to be interested in.

Speedy would be luxury instead of need.

Jalen is on a 15 mil salary for next year, rising over the following 2 to 17.
    That is a contract we were so lucky to get rid of that there is no chance in hell we would take it back.
    Jalen is not worth that kind of money in as many years as he makes dollars.
    He is a decent shooter, but nothing special, and streaky at best. This all leaves out that he is not good for team chemistry.

Joe Johnson needs 40 minutes a game for his stats, and I'm not so sure he will fill the SG bill so well.
    As a filler worth the risk, but no more .

As for Crawford, you might be right, but the same could be said for Al, don't know for sure, just don't have a good feeling on that one.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Jalen's contract makes him a "no no".

Phoenix needs Al Harrington like a hole in the head. But Joe Johnson would be a great addition for us.

Artestaholic

sixthman - Jalens contract is bad, but it's no worse than Croshere's and Pollards. Together they make the same amount of money and their contracts run out the same year.
    So basically what it comes down to is, which is more valuable to the Pacers: Having the world's tallest towelboy (who also sports some neat-o mutton chops), and a guy who can't get over 10 minutes a game and has done nothing for the past 3 years, or a guy who can come in and give them valuable experience, about 15 ppg, and has a fantastic midrange game that can spread the defense?
    It's a no brainer in my opinion, and I'm sure it would be in Larry Bird's opinion too (remember, Jalen was his "pet project").
    And you're right, Pheonix doesn't really need Al Harrington as Stoudamire and Marion have the foward slots locked up. However, I've hard Pheonix may be trying to move Marion this offseason, and if they do, Al would be a fantastic replacement.

I would consider the Crawford trade, but that is about it.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

None of them appeal to me.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Artestaholic

Either you guys overrate the Pacers players or underrate other teams players.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd consider bringing Jalen and Damp back. I don't care for the rest of these trades.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

The Damp/Speedy and Crawford ones insterest me.

I am surprised that people are saying they would pass on Johnson. I would have thought people would have said that trade would happen because the Suns wouldn't consider giving him up.

Do people really rate Johnson below Crawford?
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

LAPacer

Damp, Jalen, Joe Johnson are interesting.

Crawford seems too selfish and might cause problems to our chemistry.

Jalen is selfish, too but at one point in his career he wasn't.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Jalen is selfish, too but at one point in his career he wasn't.

Larry Bird was the one coach who really got Jalen to 'buy into' what was going on. I have no reservations with bringing him back to play for Rick (and indirectly, Larry), although I know that is a very unpopular sentiment around here. In fact, if Toronto would do that deal it would be the perfect way to unload two awful contracts by today's standards and bring back the guy who I always believed was our long-term solution at SG.

Do people really rate Johnson below Crawford?
    I don't know, but I rank both of them below Al.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Old as Dirt

Default Happy with any of these trades?

I really believe that you could have 5 LB, 5 MJ, 5 M Johnsson, along with Bill Russell, and W C and still most in here would not be happy. Now all of these are in their prime again

Joe Johnson would be a great addition, but as has been said, Phoenix isn't going to give him up too easily. I also remember Keon Clark as being a pretty nice player back when he was a King.

Crawford would be someone to look at. If he can fit into the system, he'd have a chance to be a great long-term 2-guard. I could actually see something like this one happening, maybe with draft picks and extras thrown in.

Damp and Speedy is interesting, and we get a steal there, but we don't really need another PG. Jamaal is set as the starter, and AJ and Brewer can handle the backup minutes. Speedy's probably itching for court time.

Jalen.... well, Austin's contract is bad, and Scot's contract is bad, but trading the two of them for Jalen is like trading two sprained ankles for Alzheimer's....
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Crawford...maybe. The only thing is, while he scores 17 a game, he shoots like 38% ed:

Only AI can get away with doing that.

I would be interested in all but the second one. Yuck.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wish the Real GM trade Checker was reliable , but it's not and I could run a ton of dream trades through it and I would guess 99.5% of them might be rejected in the Real World. The Crawford Trade is probably the closest one to maybe having a snowballs chance , but I think were getting the short end of the Stick still.

Artestaholic

I wish the Real GM trade Checker was reliable , but it's not and I could run a ton of dream trades through it and I would guess 99.5% of them might be rejected in the Real World.
    TheSauceMaster you're musunderstanding what the RealGM Trade Checker is. It isn't a "Trade Simulator" that will estimate whether teams would agree on a trade, it just tells you whether or not the deal would be possible salary-wise.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Indiana trades: Al Harrington, James Jones

Indiana receives: Peja Stojakovic

Sacramento trades: Peja Stojakovic
    Sacramento receives: Al Harrington ,James Jones

TRADE ACCEPTED

:P :P :P :P :P