Thread: Question about trading up in the draft.

Default Question about trading up in the draft.

With all the discussion about trading up in the draft, it got me thinking. Isn't there some kind of rule about trading draft picks where the trade can't be announced until after the draft? I'm just about sure there is, but I can't remember the specifics. Anyone know it?
    Can we get a new color commentator please?

Default Re: Question about trading up in the draft.

With all the discussion about trading up in the draft, it got me thinking. Isn't there some kind of rule about trading draft picks where the trade can't be announced until after the draft? I'm just about sure there is, but I can't remember the specifics. Anyone know it?
    If the Clippers were trading their #2 pick to the Pacers for the Pacers #29 pick, the trade couldn't be announced until after pick 29 was on the board. Is this it?

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Picks can be traded as picks until 24 hours before the draft or something, then picks can't be traded until that pick has been drafted. Or at least that's what I remember.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

PFinAZ, do you know that laser is spelled wrong in your signature or is that on purpose? Just wondering.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

PFinAZ, do you know that laser is spelled wrong in your signature or is that on purpose? Just wondering.
    Yeah I do, It's from http://www.homestarrunner.com/

It's a pretty hilarious site for those few who haven't been there yet.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Yeah I do, It's from http://www.homestarrunner.com/

It's a pretty hilarious site for those few who haven't been there yet.
    Crapface.

I'm still trying to figure out what band the tunes Marzipan plays are copied from.... I recognise it, but I can't put my finger on it.... and it's driving me nuts.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

omg, I wish I could be a homestarrunner.com virgin again and experience the total awesomeness of that site again .

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

omg, I wish I could be a homestarrunner.com virgin again and experience the total awesomeness of that site again .
    Yeah although, it would take hours to catch up.

I can't wait for their DVD(s) to come out at the end of the year. It's supposed to have the 1st one-hundred e-mails, plus other stuff too.