Thread: Dominic Rhodes Released

Mood

Default Dominic Rhodes Released

I just read that D. Rhodes was released by the Raiders. Anyone think a reunion in Indy would work for him?

Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Released

I don't think so. I didn't think he was effective enough when he was here. In fact, I was surprised that the Colts held onto him longer than they did Mungro. I just didn't think Rhodes was enough of a "work horse" to keep the defenses honest. He was great for short yardage situation, but wasn't so effective for big yardage or even in the red zone.

Addai and Keith seem to have a good horsemen tandum going, and the Colts have a few 1 and 2 yr RBs to develope as well. I'd stick with the RBs they've got for now.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think so. I don't think they'll dump Kenton Keith because of his off field thing. I think they'll stick with him with the caveat that it better be the last time. Plus they drafted Mike Hart who really does have an excellent shot at making the team as the 3rd RB and not just a special teamer. Dominic Rhodes will end up somewhere like Baltimore where Rhodes could challenge just drafted Ray Rice to be McGahee's backup. Another attractive option for Rhodes would be Seattle, where he could be a banger to compliment Julius Jones. Outside of that, Denver is a nice fit for ANY running back but they are pretty well stocked. Another scenario I could see playing out is either Jacksonville or Tennessee calling him up just to get another former Colt who understands what they do on offense on their rosters.

Can he still return punts & Kick offs?

Then Yes, but odds are he will not sign back with the Colts. He needs to take the most money he can because the guy is not very book smart.

I am not huge on Mike Hart unless he is in the red-zone. I saw the Vikings signed Young of IOWA and was hoping the Colts would give him an undrafted FA chance. I think he is an excellent RB and could be a darkhorse player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can he still fumble return punts & Kick offs?
    fixed

I think they should dump Kenton Keith because of that on-field thing...you know...stone hands. I think he dropped every pass thrown to him after the mid-point of the season, including that crucial one inside the 5 against the Chargers in the playoffs.

I'd have no problem bringing Rhodes back on the cheap. The Colts need a second running back, because they became less effective as the season wore on last year.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    I think they should dump Kenton Keith because of that on-field thing...you know...stone hands. I think he dropped every pass thrown to him after the mid-point of the season, including that crucial one inside the 5 against the Chargers in the playoffs.

I'd have no problem bringing Rhodes back on the cheap. The Colts need a second running back, because they became less effective as the season wore on last year.
    Yeah was Keith really better than Rhodes was his last year here?

Didn't Dominic get a DUI shortly after signing with the Raiders or around that time? So it's not like either is squeaky clean.

Sounds like Dom is gonna be coming back....
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    Sounds like Dom is gonna be coming back....
    http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLin...=NFL&hl=116052

Mood

Rhodes is back? Isn't it time to Indianapolis fans to rally in protest? After all, he got in trouble just as he was leaving last time. THUGS!!!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Rhodes is back? Isn't it time to Indianapolis fans to rally in protest? After all, he got in trouble just as he was leaving last time. THUGS!!!
    He should have never left.

Oh I mean, THUG.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I think the Rhodes/Hart battle for the backup spot will be interesting, and good for Dom as well.

Mike is a very competitive player so I have no question he will push very hard to get as many carries as he can and force us to give him more carries. Dom will not back down on working for carries like he did in Oakland here (I think).

So is Kenton out?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Good Signing for the Colts today a true value at 650,000 he knows the system & was great tandem with Addai.

He better be on his best behavior here. I don't want any of that **** going down here that went down when he was in Oakland. With what recently happened with Marv, the last thing the Colts need is a character crisis.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    He better be on his best behavior here. I don't want any of that **** going down here that went down when he was in Oakland. With what recently happened with Marv, the last thing the Colts need is a character crisis.
    Agreed.

So what is going on with the Shaun Alexander deal? I thought I heard he visited with 3 teams or is going to. I'd imagine we're not signing him now......
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    What happened in Oakland? When he got the DUI he was still a Colt right? Maybe a free agent. Anyway, I don't think Shaun Alexander was ever coming here. Whomever signs him, he'll at least have the shot to win the starting RB job, which he obviously wouldn't here. Now we just need to sign Rosie Colvin.