Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Suggestion Box

  1. #1
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,316
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Suggestion Box

    Pacers.com started a suggestion box.

    What'd you put in it?

  2. #2
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Get rid of Tinsley along with a slew of other things.

    I got an email tonight saying it was reviewed and thanks for the input

  3. #3
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    trade bird for walsh, straight up

    get reggie miller involved in day to day activity of the team.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  4. #4
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,873

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Acquire some defensive minded players...we have enough scoring options but no defenders.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #5
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    I know most will take this as an oppertunity to ***** about the players, but I figured this is also a good way to mention changes that could improve the Fieldhouse. I mentioned adding point of sale devices to all concessions and novelty stands in the Fieldhouse. In these times that we live in, a lot more folks only carry cards and not cash. Having to wait in ATM lines are an inconvienience because you have to go wait in another line to go spend the money you just withdrawn. That isn't even saying anything about the ATM surcharges.

    I also mentioned adding the L.E.D. ribbon boards around the Fieldhouse. These boards do seem to add to the atmosphere and ambience of the arenas in Chicago and Detroit when I attended games at these venues this year. Also, it's another place to place game stats that we desprately miss in the Fieldhouse.

    My last point was to get rid of the manual "out of town" scoreboards. All the scores are very hard to see from anywhere in the arena. I'd like to see the stat board expanded into those locations where they can add blocks and steals to the rest of the game stats. Then they can display the out of town scores in another location digitally where all fans in the arena can see them.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  6. #6
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,857

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know most will take this as an oppertunity to ***** about the players, but I figured this is also a good way to mention changes that could improve the Fieldhouse. I mentioned adding point of sale devices to all concessions and novelty stands in the Fieldhouse. In these times that we live in, a lot more folks only carry cards and not cash. Having to wait in ATM lines are an inconvienience because you have to go wait in another line to go spend the money you just withdrawn. That isn't even saying anything about the ATM surcharges.

    I also mentioned adding the L.E.D. ribbon boards around the Fieldhouse. These boards do seem to add to the atmosphere and ambience of the arenas in Chicago and Detroit when I attended games at these venues this year. Also, it's another place to place game stats that we desprately miss in the Fieldhouse.

    My last point was to get rid of the manual "out of town" scoreboards. All the scores are very hard to see from anywhere in the arena. I'd like to see the stat board expanded into those locations where they can add blocks and steals to the rest of the game stats. Then they can display the out of town scores in another location digitally where all fans in the arena can see them.


    You made 3 points. I completely agree with the credit card thing and the scoreboard - and increased stats.

    Not sure I agree with your point about the L.E.D. flashing lights around the arena. I like the traditional way they have the ads lighted - the old fashioned way.

  7. #7
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    I like the out-of-town manual scoreboards for what they are...a part of the motif. I think they'll keep those to honor the "traditional atmosphere" of Conseco.

    I would, however, like to see perhaps a couple of ribbon tickers elsewhere for practicality.

    I agree with the credit card stations at the concession stands as well.

    I want them to lose those damn Verizon ads hanging from the ceiling, because they interfere with my view of both the stat board and the manual scoreboard.

  8. #8
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    They need to turn down the treble on their audio, if not the volume. Not a ton, but a little. I should have sent them that when I filled one of these out.

    As for the LED ribbon, if it's like Chicago I want it, if it's like Detroit I don't. Detroit's just advertised with it the whole time. I think that's what we would do, too, unfortunately.

  9. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,857

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    The audio is horrible in the fieldhouse. They need to do a lot of work on that.

  10. #10
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,892

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want them to lose those damn Verizon ads hanging from the ceiling, because they interfere with my view of both the stat board and the manual scoreboard.
    I was going to echo this, but the suggestion box specifically says "team, players, or organization" - doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the facilities.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  11. #11
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Just say NO to the ribbon, it reflects off the floor and makes the game more difficult to watch for both TV and live audiences.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  12. #12

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    I limited my suggestions to the team, specifically, retain JO because even at 75% he has shown that he can alter his game to be effective on either side of the ball. Mgmt will probably have to rethink how they use him because under JOB his coaching style suites the Guards moreso than post-players, but they still fit well within his coaching philosophy.

    And start giving playing time to those who deserve it per their respective positions whether rookie or veteran. If playing time is truly earned let it be reflected with the players on the court regardless of tenure.

  13. #13
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,630

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The audio is horrible in the fieldhouse. They need to do a lot of work on that.
    No kidding. I like loud music as much as the next guy. I'll play COD4 cranked to the point the sub sounds like a real bomb going off. But holy s*** is the over-cranked, crackling, distorted, PAs-just-blew-a-tweeter approach to sound in Conseco awful and embarrassing.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    I sent a pretty lengthy submission to them explaining all my points in detail, but I'll summarize the main points:

    1. Get rid of Tinsley.

    2. Improve atmosphere at Conseco (better audio.. less treble more bass, better music, new chants, dimmed lighting during game, etc).

    3. Take the most marketable players and do a lot in the community this summer, including some original/fun charity events with fan interaction.

    4. Advertise the benefits of ticket packages in more places, and provide a bigger discount-per-ticket for the mini-packages.

    5. Make better commercials. No more one-liner slogans. Build off of the Bird/O'brien commercial from last year but include players being honest and acknowledging the recent disappointing seasons, and pledging to commit themselves to the team. Get rid of the FSN/Lenny Kravitz commercial debacle. Maybe have one with Herb Simon, talking directly to the fans about his new role and assuring them that he's committed to building a winner.

    6. Put a statue of Reggie outside Conseco (kinda goes along with atmosphere, but this belongs in its own category)

  15. #15
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,515

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers.com started a suggestion box.

    What'd you put in it?
    A flaming bag of dog poo.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Shade's dog.

  17. #17
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    I suggested that we get rid of the piped noise, and have a pep band like college and high school. The same thing I've been begging for for a few years now.

    And don't get me wrong, I like Verizon, but those things they put over the speakers last season during the all-star break are very, very, very tacky.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 04-29-2008 at 06:38 PM.

  18. #18
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    I doubt we'll ever see a pep band. It's not smart from a long term perspective. Yes, right now we have enough empty seats to put in a pep band, but God willing the Pacers will fill up the fieldhouse again sooner rather than later. Having a pep band is going to take up prime lower bowl seating and I doubt the Simons are willing to sacrifice that income. Plus I doubt many of the suits that sit down there would want to sit next to a pep band anyway.

    The Verizon things suck, but such is the way the world works. Pacers need to turn a profit somehow.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. #19
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt we'll ever see a pep band. It's not smart from a long term perspective. Yes, right now we have enough empty seats to put in a pep band, but God willing the Pacers will fill up the fieldhouse again sooner rather than later. Having a pep band is going to take up prime lower bowl seating and I doubt the Simons are willing to sacrifice that income. Plus I doubt many of the suits that sit down there would want to sit next to a pep band anyway.

    The Verizon things suck, but such is the way the world works. Pacers need to turn a profit somehow.

    What, nobody remembers the "Circle City Sidewalk Stompers"?

  20. #20
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt we'll ever see a pep band. It's not smart from a long term perspective. Yes, right now we have enough empty seats to put in a pep band, but God willing the Pacers will fill up the fieldhouse again sooner rather than later. Having a pep band is going to take up prime lower bowl seating and I doubt the Simons are willing to sacrifice that income. Plus I doubt many of the suits that sit down there would want to sit next to a pep band anyway.

    The Verizon things suck, but such is the way the world works. Pacers need to turn a profit somehow.
    Yeah, but it would be great for just a few games, I said in the suggestion every Friday game or whatever. It wouldn't hurt to award a local high-school pep band an opportunity to have their school honored for outstanding performances.

    You don't agree with me...ever!

  21. #21
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,349
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    I mentioned getting rid of the organ music and Something new like for 3 pt'ers
    I think people are getting sick of HOME RUN
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

  22. #22
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    The home run thing doesn't bother me. That stupid sound bite of Austin Powers drove me nuts.

    Someone needs to define what better music is because I'm pretty sure no one is going to get a consensus on what people want to here.

    If I was going to make suggestions I'd say I want to be able to buy a bottle of water and be able to take the cap with me.

  23. #23
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    OMG, I love the HOMERUN thing that Reb does. I will rip off some people's chins if it goes away.


  24. #24
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but it would be great for just a few games, I said in the suggestion every Friday game or whatever. It wouldn't hurt to award a local high-school pep band an opportunity to have their school honored for outstanding performances.

    You don't agree with me...ever!
    Ha, don't take it personally. I'm sure I'll agree with you on something eventually. The only person I never agree with is Shade, and thats just because he is always wrong.

    Oh and I don't really like the home run thing either. I'm not sure how a three pointer equates to a home run.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #25
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Suggestion Box

    It's just something I've gotten used to and I don't want to see it go away.

Similar Threads

  1. Suggestion Box
    By Hicks in forum Feedback
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 11:41 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •