Thread: Suggestion Box

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Suggestion Box

Pacers.com started a suggestion box.

What'd you put in it?

Default Re: Suggestion Box

Get rid of Tinsley along with a slew of other things.

I got an email tonight saying it was reviewed and thanks for the input

trade bird for walsh, straight up

get reggie miller involved in day to day activity of the team.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Sports Logo

Acquire some defensive minded players...we have enough scoring options but no defenders.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know most will take this as an oppertunity to ***** about the players, but I figured this is also a good way to mention changes that could improve the Fieldhouse. I mentioned adding point of sale devices to all concessions and novelty stands in the Fieldhouse. In these times that we live in, a lot more folks only carry cards and not cash. Having to wait in ATM lines are an inconvienience because you have to go wait in another line to go spend the money you just withdrawn. That isn't even saying anything about the ATM surcharges.

I also mentioned adding the L.E.D. ribbon boards around the Fieldhouse. These boards do seem to add to the atmosphere and ambience of the arenas in Chicago and Detroit when I attended games at these venues this year. Also, it's another place to place game stats that we desprately miss in the Fieldhouse.

My last point was to get rid of the manual "out of town" scoreboards. All the scores are very hard to see from anywhere in the arena. I'd like to see the stat board expanded into those locations where they can add blocks and steals to the rest of the game stats. Then they can display the out of town scores in another location digitally where all fans in the arena can see them.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know most will take this as an oppertunity to ***** about the players, but I figured this is also a good way to mention changes that could improve the Fieldhouse. I mentioned adding point of sale devices to all concessions and novelty stands in the Fieldhouse. In these times that we live in, a lot more folks only carry cards and not cash. Having to wait in ATM lines are an inconvienience because you have to go wait in another line to go spend the money you just withdrawn. That isn't even saying anything about the ATM surcharges.

I also mentioned adding the L.E.D. ribbon boards around the Fieldhouse. These boards do seem to add to the atmosphere and ambience of the arenas in Chicago and Detroit when I attended games at these venues this year. Also, it's another place to place game stats that we desprately miss in the Fieldhouse.

My last point was to get rid of the manual "out of town" scoreboards. All the scores are very hard to see from anywhere in the arena. I'd like to see the stat board expanded into those locations where they can add blocks and steals to the rest of the game stats. Then they can display the out of town scores in another location digitally where all fans in the arena can see them.

You made 3 points. I completely agree with the credit card thing and the scoreboard - and increased stats.

Not sure I agree with your point about the L.E.D. flashing lights around the arena. I like the traditional way they have the ads lighted - the old fashioned way.

I like the out-of-town manual scoreboards for what they are...a part of the motif. I think they'll keep those to honor the "traditional atmosphere" of Conseco.

I would, however, like to see perhaps a couple of ribbon tickers elsewhere for practicality.

I agree with the credit card stations at the concession stands as well.

I want them to lose those damn Verizon ads hanging from the ceiling, because they interfere with my view of both the stat board and the manual scoreboard.

They need to turn down the treble on their audio, if not the volume. Not a ton, but a little. I should have sent them that when I filled one of these out.

As for the LED ribbon, if it's like Chicago I want it, if it's like Detroit I don't. Detroit's just advertised with it the whole time. I think that's what we would do, too, unfortunately.

The audio is horrible in the fieldhouse. They need to do a lot of work on that.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    I want them to lose those damn Verizon ads hanging from the ceiling, because they interfere with my view of both the stat board and the manual scoreboard.
    I was going to echo this, but the suggestion box specifically says "team, players, or organization" - doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the facilities.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Just say NO to the ribbon, it reflects off the floor and makes the game more difficult to watch for both TV and live audiences.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I limited my suggestions to the team, specifically, retain JO because even at 75% he has shown that he can alter his game to be effective on either side of the ball. Mgmt will probably have to rethink how they use him because under JOB his coaching style suites the Guards moreso than post-players, but they still fit well within his coaching philosophy.

And start giving playing time to those who deserve it per their respective positions whether rookie or veteran. If playing time is truly earned let it be reflected with the players on the court regardless of tenure.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The audio is horrible in the fieldhouse. They need to do a lot of work on that.
    No kidding. I like loud music as much as the next guy. I'll play COD4 cranked to the point the sub sounds like a real bomb going off. But holy s*** is the over-cranked, crackling, distorted, PAs-just-blew-a-tweeter approach to sound in Conseco awful and embarrassing.

I sent a pretty lengthy submission to them explaining all my points in detail, but I'll summarize the main points:

1. Get rid of Tinsley.

2. Improve atmosphere at Conseco (better audio.. less treble more bass, better music, new chants, dimmed lighting during game, etc).

3. Take the most marketable players and do a lot in the community this summer, including some original/fun charity events with fan interaction.

4. Advertise the benefits of ticket packages in more places, and provide a bigger discount-per-ticket for the mini-packages.

5. Make better commercials. No more one-liner slogans. Build off of the Bird/O'brien commercial from last year but include players being honest and acknowledging the recent disappointing seasons, and pledging to commit themselves to the team. Get rid of the FSN/Lenny Kravitz commercial debacle. Maybe have one with Herb Simon, talking directly to the fans about his new role and assuring them that he's committed to building a winner.

6. Put a statue of Reggie outside Conseco (kinda goes along with atmosphere, but this belongs in its own category)

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    Pacers.com started a suggestion box.

What'd you put in it?
    A flaming bag of dog poo.

Shade's dog.

Mood

I suggested that we get rid of the piped noise, and have a pep band like college and high school. The same thing I've been begging for for a few years now.

And don't get me wrong, I like Verizon, but those things they put over the speakers last season during the all-star break are very, very, very tacky.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 04-29-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I doubt we'll ever see a pep band. It's not smart from a long term perspective. Yes, right now we have enough empty seats to put in a pep band, but God willing the Pacers will fill up the fieldhouse again sooner rather than later. Having a pep band is going to take up prime lower bowl seating and I doubt the Simons are willing to sacrifice that income. Plus I doubt many of the suits that sit down there would want to sit next to a pep band anyway.

The Verizon things suck, but such is the way the world works. Pacers need to turn a profit somehow.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I doubt we'll ever see a pep band. It's not smart from a long term perspective. Yes, right now we have enough empty seats to put in a pep band, but God willing the Pacers will fill up the fieldhouse again sooner rather than later. Having a pep band is going to take up prime lower bowl seating and I doubt the Simons are willing to sacrifice that income. Plus I doubt many of the suits that sit down there would want to sit next to a pep band anyway.

The Verizon things suck, but such is the way the world works. Pacers need to turn a profit somehow.

What, nobody remembers the "Circle City Sidewalk Stompers"?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post

Yeah, but it would be great for just a few games, I said in the suggestion every Friday game or whatever. It wouldn't hurt to award a local high-school pep band an opportunity to have their school honored for outstanding performances.

You don't agree with me...ever!

Mood

I mentioned getting rid of the organ music and Something new like for 3 pt'ers
    I think people are getting sick of HOME RUN
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

woman without a team

The home run thing doesn't bother me. That stupid sound bite of Austin Powers drove me nuts.

Someone needs to define what better music is because I'm pretty sure no one is going to get a consensus on what people want to here.

If I was going to make suggestions I'd say I want to be able to buy a bottle of water and be able to take the cap with me.

Mood

OMG, I love the HOMERUN thing that Reb does. I will rip off some people's chins if it goes away.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Yeah, but it would be great for just a few games, I said in the suggestion every Friday game or whatever. It wouldn't hurt to award a local high-school pep band an opportunity to have their school honored for outstanding performances.

You don't agree with me...ever!
    Ha, don't take it personally. I'm sure I'll agree with you on something eventually. The only person I never agree with is Shade, and thats just because he is always wrong.

Oh and I don't really like the home run thing either. I'm not sure how a three pointer equates to a home run.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

It's just something I've gotten used to and I don't want to see it go away.