View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Pacer?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marquis Daniels

1 1.41%
  • Travis Diener

1 1.41%
  • Ike Diogu

2 2.82%
  • Mike Dunleavy jr

11 15.49%
  • Jeff Foster

8 11.27%
  • Stephen Graham

1 1.41%
  • Danny Granger

42 59.15%
  • David Harrison

0 0%
  • Troy Murphy

0 0%
  • Ronald "Flip" Murray

0 0%
  • Jermaine O'Neal

1 1.41%
  • Andrew Owens

3 4.23%
  • Kareem Rush

0 0%
  • Jamaal Tinsley

1 1.41%
  • Shawne Williams

0 0%

Thread: 2008 PD Pacers awards show- Reggie Miller award (favorite Pacer)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 2008 PD Pacers awards show- Reggie Miller award (favorite Pacer)

This is very simple. Who is your favorite member of the Indiana Pacers 2008 roster? It could be the leading scorer or the 12th man. This is the player you think exemplifies the kind of player you want to see on the Indiana Pacers.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: 2008 PD Pacers awards show- Reggie Miller award (favorite Pacer)

You totally butchered the word "Indiana", but DG for sure.

Gift

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

why no "none of the above" option?

Okay, seriously, if I don't like anyone on our roster, what am I supposed to do?

If only Courtney Sims was an option. And that's really saying something considering he went to UM.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Running away with it in my book.. Granger.

woman without a team

Andre Owens. Because in this day and age the best Pacer is the one you don't even realize is on the team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Came down to Jeff and Danny, so I went young. Hard to vote really when the only game i saw was the last quarter of the 1st Spurs game.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

License plate say Florida...Lime Green Charger

Q6
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar

Owens 'cause I went to the same senior prom as him.

I don't understand the overt negativity. It's not like we're Memphis and we lost all of our games year and have owners that aren't committed to doing anything but shedding salary. Even with two years of not making the playoffs we're still spoiled fans.

Danny Granger, btw.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny.

Shawne is my #2. Dun #3. Nobody else is even close after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny.

Shawne is my #2. Dun #3. Nobody else is even close after that.
    Not even Jeff Foster, Shadigans?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Tough question,I voted for Jeff Foster over Danny Granger, but just barely.
    That'll do.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Haha, Andre Owens is beating Jermaine; looks like the fans have spoken. Owens gets the max!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    Not even Jeff Foster, Shadigans?
    Ditto.

That's some bad azz memory for Shade. I know Jeff isn't a star guy, but in his role he's a huge win. I'd expect this vote to be just about Danny, Jeff and Dun. I'm a fan of Shawne too, but he's not at "fav" status just yet.

The bigger issue here is JO's status. Not that it's wrong or a surprise, but just the black and white fact that he's fallen so far. Dude has the most AS noms of any Pacer ever and now he can't sniff 3rd place in the fav Pacer award....and it's not because of off court trouble either.

Not only that but the guy clearly did come back in a support role rather than demanding starting time and shots and did get right back to leading the way with charge taking and inside defense. You take money out of the equation and this guy is someone you think "I wish he'd play more".

And yet the general vibe is that people are sick of him. I understand the reasoning, but you have to wonder if it hasn't gone too far to the anti-extreme.

Or maybe he's 2nd/3rd on a lot of lists? Somehow I doubt it. But wouldn't it be nice to see him stay with the team and EARN back that popularity vote? That would be a win-win for us and him.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Ditto.

That's some bad azz memory for Shade. I know Jeff isn't a star guy, but in his role he's a huge win. I'd expect this vote to be just about Danny, Jeff and Dun. I'm a fan of Shawne too, but he's not at "fav" status just yet.

The bigger issue here is JO's status. Not that it's wrong or a surprise, but just the black and white fact that he's fallen so far. Dude has the most AS noms of any Pacer ever and now he can't sniff 3rd place in the fav Pacer award....and it's not because of off court trouble either.

Not only that but the guy clearly did come back in a support role rather than demanding starting time and shots and did get right back to leading the way with charge taking and inside defense. You take money out of the equation and this guy is someone you think "I wish he'd play more".

And yet the general vibe is that people are sick of him. I understand the reasoning, but you have to wonder if it hasn't gone too far to the anti-extreme.

Or maybe he's 2nd/3rd on a lot of lists? Somehow I doubt it. But wouldn't it be nice to see him stay with the team and EARN back that popularity vote? That would be a win-win for us and him.

He can always opt out and resign for half the money, I think he would be pretty popular than.

I don't think it is feasable to hold on to that contract for any reason really. Good play will eqaute to better trade value.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

I decide which player is my favorite by asking myself which player do I enjoy watching the most. And this past season it was without question - Jeff Foster. I have always loved hustle players, and that is what he is. There were times this past season where Jeff was almost the only reason why I wanted to watch the Pacers