Thread: Fun and frustrating to root for the Pistons

Default Fun and frustrating to root for the Pistons

After rooting against the Pistons very hard for 6 games in the ECF, I think that gives you a unique perspective on a team.

But now after two games of rooting for the Pistons I have gotten a different perspective on the boys from Detroit.

Here are some of my random thoughts

I have no idea how Pistons fans can put up with Okur and Corliss. They are very, very frustrating to root for. Corliss misses so many easy shots around the basket, and he is always fumbling the ball.

But Okur is worse, he is always throwing up weak shots, he plays with no confidence, he never shoots when he is open. Not sure why Joe D. likes him, but if I were a Pistons fan, I would not mind if he left after this season.

Get the ball to Sheed, more often , please, please.

Prince:, wow was I wrong about this guy. He does so many little things for the Pistons, that you don't notice unless you watch closely and only if you watch the Pistons a lot. He is the Pistons glue, very underrated player. Dare I say in many ways he reminds me of Derrick McKey, which is a high compliment coming from me.

let me say this, if the Pistons would have drafted Mello instead of Darko, one of two things would have happened. Either Brown would not have played him very much because his defense is bad, or the Pistons would have lost to the Nets or Pacers.

Whenever Ben goes out of the game and to a lesser extent whenever Sheed goes out of the game the Pistons interior defense goes to pot.

One last thing, the Pistons need a shooting guard/small forward type who can come off the bench and score some points.

Zesty

Default Re: Fun and frustrating to root for the Pistons

I can't even watch the finals because I know that both teams won't lose. It's like volunteering to get punched in the face and not being allowed to hit back.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

One last thing, the Pistons need a shooting guard/small forward type who can come off the bench and score some points.
    Two words: Carlos Delfino.

That is, if he doesn't play so well that he sends Prince to the bench.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

LAPacer

It is fun and frustrating. For some reason I am become a closet Prince fan. One thing about the Pistons is that its easy to go on runs against them because they have so many FG droughts.

Memo is a shell of himself (thanks to Brown) and you are correct that Corliss is just frustrating. Our bench is deteriorating as time goes on.

Memo is a shell of himself (thanks to Brown) and you are correct that Corliss is just frustrating. Our bench is deteriorating as time goes on.
    Frankly if Okur is so soft that he's struggling because the coach is hurting his feelings, I don't want him on this team anymore.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Like Melo?
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Like Melo?
    Or Delfino

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Well Corliss is one of those Guys that can be Hot one game and be a bonehead the next game , I thought Corliss played pretty decent in Game 1

sc

No one knows about Delfino but we do not that Melo needs 18 shots game to get his 20 points. That is no help either.

"No one knows about Delfino but we do not that Melo needs 18 shots game to get his 20 points. That is no help either."

Carmello is going to get much better very quickly... Those 18 shots are going to become his 26-30 points in about a year or two, especially if Denver remains structured more or less the way it is now