Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peja Stojakovic

erdega79

Default Re: Peja Stojakovic

Peja can play the 2, 3, or even 4 in a small lineup.

As for Peja for Artest, straight-up? I would take it if I was Petrie, Artest is EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY what the Kings need. If the Kings were still thinking about winning the championship as soon as possible, and not building a young nucleus for the future, this trade is for the taking. But, it's highly unlikely to go down.

IMO, Artest is a better all-around player. He's a hell of a lot better defender, although Peja isn't a bad defender. Artest isn't afraid to take it to the hole, whereas Peja is.
    What the kings exactly need is a new coach and interior defense. Artest can only guard bulky guys like him so his defense is limited and his offense is bad.
    As I said L. Bird wouldn't think twice about trading for Peja .
    WHAT??? Artest's defense is limited? ed: He did a damn good job on Rip when he got the time to guard him for a full game. Guys like Kobe, Rip, Lebron, Melo etc. are nearly impossible for anybody else to guard, and Ron does as well as anybody I've seen by far on the ball/
    laugh all u want but Wade and Rip scored on him.
    Wade and Rip score on everyone. Like I said earlier, almost all of Rip's scoring came when artest wasn't on him, and Wade was playing like Jordan at times in that series, where NOBODY will stop him.
    ok that's it They score on anyone. That makes perfect sense. Apparently DPOY is anyone and everyone.

erdega79

Ok, I gotta give credit to Artest because I like him as I said. He is a very good on ball defender because of his bulk and agility but off ball might be a little less than stellar

Ok, I gotta give credit to Artest because I like him as I said. He is a very good on ball defender because of his bulk and agility but off ball might be a little less than stellar
    Want to take your foot out of your mouth along the line?

I am sure there a quite a few around here who would gladly make you a 10 minute reel of Artest Dunks, and if you are starting he is a mediocre defender, which is what your statements boil down to, then why the hell was he A. DPOY and B. the winning votegetter for the All Defensive?

For the DPOY to score the avergae Ron scores, you have to go sometime back, like the like of Jordan to see that kind of scoring.

mix in his age and your opinion that he is flavour of the month and will be avg player in a few years is somewhat overrated by yourself.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

so would anyone do artest for peja? the trade works straight up.

the concept is intriguing because it represents a radical change in philosophy for both teams. on one hand you'd think artest would suffer on the kings (on offense anyway) since he won't handle the ball as much, and at the same time you'd wonder how peja would hold up on defense on the pacers. on the other hand, both players add elements to indiana and sacramento respectively that both teams sorely need.

very interesting. not sure if i'd do it, but i would think deeply on it.

Peja disappears every year in the playoffs not just tis year.
    Not!!!

It's Chris Webber that disappears.
    Peja, Bobby Jackson AND Bibby carry his sorry arse.

Take it from someone WHOSE TEAM SHOOTS THEIR WAD IN THE KINGS FACE EACH YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS.
    I love to do this.

03-04 pts/game Reg Season/Playoffs
    Peja - 24.2/17.5
    Webber - 18.7/18.4

02-03 Reg Season/Playoffs
    Peja - 19.2/23.7
    Webber - 23.0/23.1

01-02 Reg Season/Playoffs
    Peja - 21.2/14.8
    Webber - 24.5/23.7

People love a shooter but Webber is always consistent. Its Peja who plays peek-a-boo in the playoffs.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Intresting debate here , btw when I started this thread my Trade idea had nothing to do with giving Ron way for Peja I was for some reason thinking Peja would have been a Nice SG option but , scraped the idea since then.

Zesty

so would anyone do artest for peja? the trade works straight up.

the concept is intriguing because it represents a radical change in philosophy for both teams. on one hand you'd think artest would suffer on the kings (on offense anyway) since he won't handle the ball as much, and at the same time you'd wonder how peja would hold up on defense on the pacers. on the other hand, both players add elements to indiana and sacramento respectively that both teams sorely need.

very interesting. not sure if i'd do it, but i would think deeply on it.
    Bill Simmons certainly would. This is from an article he posted a day or two ago:

"Detroit 69, Indiana 65.

That was it. End of the series. Was it a good game? Did they come from behind? Who carried the Pistons? Did Ron Artest go quietly, or did he have a meltdown? We had a million questions. None of them mattered. Detroit 69, Indiana 65. I guess that would have to do. As it turned out, Rip Hamilton continued making The Leap -- not as a superstar, but as one of those rare money players in the Reggie Miller mold -- and Artest did finally flip out, guaranteeing his departure from Indy. (Wouldn't an Artest-Peja trade make too much sense or is it just me?)"

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Impression I get from reading what kings fans are saying is pretty much comparable to what alot of us are saying , we don't want to give up Ron for Peja and Kings Fans don't want to Give up Peja for Ron.

Honestly though I think if Ron was Traded for Peja it might answer my question on how will Ron react around Brad Miller , I don't think Brad was a good Influence on Ron while he was here and some might not agree but I think that Brad being gone has made Ron better in alot of ways.

This trade talk makes me think of the Mullin trade and reminds me how much I miss watching him shoot in the pre-game warm-ups......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731