Thread: A question for our Pistons forum members following Game 2...

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Default A question for our Pistons forum members following Game 2...

Are you:

a) Pissed that the Pistons missed an opportunity to go up 2-0 on the Lakers with your 3 game home stand coming up

or

b) Satisfied that the Pistons got the 1-1 split in LA and have proved they can play the Lakers tough
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Default Re: A question for our Pistons forum members following Game 2...

Niether. None of them are the Pacers so I could care less. I just enjoy it for what it is, good, competitive games.

Niether. None of them are the Pacers so I could care less. I just enjoy it for what it is, good, competitive games.
    efx, he DID specifically say PISTON fans, you know?

Damn, I wasn't looking too closely. sorry'bout that.

sweabs

3) Pissed that Larry Brown didn't have one of his guys foul Shaq instead of letting Kobe hit the 3

I expect the Piston fans to come on here and pretend they don't care, and are either happy soley by going home 1-1, or that they only had to get here to be happy to begin with.

sweabs

I expect the Piston fans to come on here and pretend they don't care, and are either happy soley by going home 1-1, or that they only had to get here to be happy to begin with.
    Ditto.

But in reality, going back 1-1 is good...but it just sucks that they had a GOLDEN opportunity to go back 2-0 and blew it.

3) Pissed that Larry Brown didn't have one of his guys foul Shaq instead of letting Kobe hit the 3
    larry said after the game he told his team to foul Shaq

sweabs

Oh - thanks UB.
    I don't get the post-game coverage.
    Well then...you can change #3 to:

3) Pissed that the Detroit players have no respect for their coach and don't follow his orders ...J/K, J/K.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

both. Hindsight being what it is, fouling shaq immidiately would have been the best move. But on the other hand, we forced Kobe to make a REALLY tough f-ing shot. I can't blame the defense there.

I'm also quite happy with the fact we retain homecourt advantage.

Pistons will take this series in five. Write it down, put it in big bold letters, whatever. The Pistons will wrap this up at the Palace.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

sweabs

we forced Kobe to make a REALLY tough f-ing shot. I can't blame the defense there.
    But it's Kobe...and in the clutch.

...In other words - he THRIVES on those situations (refer back to the Portland game in regular season).

I gotta say - fouling Shaq was the way to go...I was surprised that Shaq was even on - but I guess that was for a rebound in case of a missed shot. I was hoping the Pistons would have taken advantage of his presence

we forced Kobe to make a REALLY tough f-ing shot. I can't blame the defense there.
    But it's Kobe...and in the clutch.

...In other words - he THRIVES on those situations (refer back to the Portland game in regular season).

I gotta say - fouling Shaq was the way to go...I was surprised that Shaq was even on - but I guess that was for a rebound in case of a missed shot. I was hoping the Pistons would have taken advantage of his presence
    I would have fouled shaq too, but once again I was VERY happy with the shot we frced Kobe to take. I can't complain.

I think the fact people are upset that we could'nt win BOTH games in LA shows the effect the Pistons have in this series. LA is a cruddy road team when Fisher isnt hitting miracle shots, i'm really liking our chances at home.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Pistons will take this series in five. Write it down, put it in big bold letters, whatever. The Pistons will wrap this up at the Palace.
    Who Needs Rasheed when you got a Kstat Garauntee

sweabs

I would have fouled shaq too, but once again I was VERY happy with the shot we frced Kobe to take. I can't complain.
    Did you see his shots against Portland in that end-of-regular-season game? He had absolutely NO WHERE to go and hit one of the toughest shots I have ever seen. That's Kobe for ya - you can't take chances when he's your opponent.

both. Hindsight being what it is, fouling shaq immidiately would have been the best move. But on the other hand, we forced Kobe to make a REALLY tough f-ing shot. I can't blame the defense there.

I'm also quite happy with the fact we retain homecourt advantage.

to bad the lakers will take game 3. All the momentum has shifted now and i think it will be lakers in game 3. Lakers win by 5 in game 4 pistons win game 5. And lakers pull away for a 7 pt win in game 6 to win the finals.
    And i'm not even rooting for them! that just seems how it goes these days.

Did you see his shots against Portland in that end-of-regular-season game? He had absolutely NO WHERE to go and hit one of the toughest shots I have ever seen. That's Kobe for ya - you can't take chances when he's your opponent.
    Kobe missed plenty of shots from that distance in game 1. People never seem to remember the guy DOES miss those too.

sweabs

Kobe missed plenty of shots from that distance in game 1. People never seem to remember the guy DOES miss those too.
    But missing them half-way through the 3rd quarter is completely different than in the clutch - especially for a guy like Kobe. Didn't we have a thread on who we thought was the most clutch player in the league right now and people (including you I believe) voted Kobe? Either way - I know you said you would rather have fouled Shaq in that circumstance so there is nothing more to talk about - I just wonder why the players didn't follow LB's orders to do so?

What the hell; I'll remind you of this in my signature, just to see if it holds or not.

I didn't bother watching the replays - how did Hamilton get on Kobe then instead of Prince?

Besides fouling Shaq, once Kobe'd dribbled it down to about 4 I thought they should have fouled him. The Lakers had no TO's so after they fouled the Pistons they'd have had to go the length of the floor.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Ever had one of those times where there was this REALLY hot chick that nobody thought you could get with, but not only did you nail her, you did so IMPRESSIVELY, then two days later you were on the verge of nailing her AGAIN but at the last second she kicks you in the balls and walks away? Yeah, that was game two in a nutshell.
    Kstat. You are my hero. I love that quote so much I'm putting it in my sig too. Great quote.

Edit: Sorry, it doesn't fit. And there is no way I can get rid of the Freddie one...since, well...he's going to be 6th man of the year next year. Unless he's starting
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually Brown said he told his team to foul Shaq if he gets the ball deep. I don't think he thought that Shaq would get the ball at the top of the key. Shaq getting the ball that high SHOULD have cost the Lakers the game because Wallace SHOULD have fouled him.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Oh, I'm pissed! I don't know why Prince wasn't on Kobe who absolutely can not shoot over him and knowing the score Prince would not have had to worry about Kobe penetrating (so many jokes watiting to be said here). I can't complain about not fouling Shaq because I was ok with not fouling him when it was happening (though with the benefit of time it seems ridiculous not to have fouled him).

I'm sure that tomorrow or later I will be happy that I am so pissed at not winning both road games (its easy to understand if you think about it) but right now all I can see is a team that wasted two drives to the lane late looking for fouls, didn't go to their best clutch shooter on thier last chance in regulation, passed it to the guy who NEVER CATCHES THE BALL ON A PASS IN THE CLUTCH, and was so affraid of losing the game by fouling that they didn't even gaurd the game saving shot!

For people asking why Rip was on Kobe: I think I saw Kobe run past a pick to get from the right side of the court to where he eventually hit the 3, and the pick caused Rip and Prince to swap.

Another question is why Rasheed Wallace didn't leave Karl Malone and run to double Kobe.

Do you really think Kobe would have given up the ball even if double-teamed? And if he did pass it to Karl, would the broken-down old man nail a game-tying 3 from the corner? I think not.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

And still, Kobe was 4/28 from 3-point range in the 4th quarter this postseason.

He took a VERY tough shot. If he misses it, not ONE person is 2nd-guessing Larry Brown today. If anything, I can imagine a few LA Time writers ripping Kobe for running out the clock and forcing up a bad three.

Looking back, I still would have fouled, but am I upset with how they defended the last play? Not at all.

Hindsight is always 20/20.