Thread: I was at the Palace for game 2 (I'm serious)........

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I was at the Palace for game 2 (I'm serious)........

about 15,000 people came to watch the game on the big screen at the Palace. Really cool for a road game. We filled the whole lower bowl and half of the uppser bowl. The Laker hatred reach its peak near halftime when the chants went from "beat LA" to "**** LA" I swear it was louder than the freaking staples center.

As for the few LAKER fans that adred to show up.....bthey were beaten severely. No, I'm not kidding. A few guys were running up the aisles waving Kobe Bryant Jerseys and yelling "Pistons suck" at every row. Hey, I admire the fandom, but in a crowd of PISTON fans? Thats just stupid. Needless to say, a few guys got tired of them near halftime and brawled with them. The cpos came and tossed the Laker fans out..dunno if the Pistons fan got the boot too....

We had a HUGE party going near the end until Kobe's shot.....man, everyone just got silent. Still, it was a memorable experience.

Did you guys do something similar in 200?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: I was at the Palace for game 2 (I'm serious)........

still don't believe they didn't foul!

sweabs

Don't wanna hijack the thread - but is your signature for real JOneal7?

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did you guys do something similar in 2000
    Yeah, the NBC affiliate set up huge screens up across the street from the Fieldhouse on home games durring the Fieldhouse. Durring the games at LA, they had the games showing on the jumbotron in the Fieldhouse. The lower bowl and club levels were filled on those nights.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Don't wanna hijack the thread - but is your signature for real JOneal7?
    On J'oneal7's sig line...
    Man, set the one hitter down and slowly back away!

Sorry if that was a little harsh, but that is beyond a strech!!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

you people are jealous of reece gaines! Ask john weisbrod! ask Gabriel! ask doc rivers! He is the best! I'd take him over josh howard any day! I'd also take jeryl sasser over tony parker and gilbert arenas. Did mention I love steven hunter? yeah.

t-Bone

As for the few LAKER fans that adred to show up.....bthey were beaten severely. No, I'm not kidding. A few guys were running up the aisles waving Kobe Bryant Jerseys and yelling "Pistons suck" at every row. Hey, I admire the fandom, but in a crowd of PISTON fans? Thats just stupid.
    isn't that what fans in opposing arenas are supposed to do?

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

As for the few LAKER fans that adred to show up.....bthey were beaten severely. No, I'm not kidding. A few guys were running up the aisles waving Kobe Bryant Jerseys and yelling "Pistons suck" at every row. Hey, I admire the fandom, but in a crowd of PISTON fans? Thats just stupid.
    So we should have thrown all the rude *** pistons fans outta Conseco in Game 5 ? Intresting ed:

sweabs

So we should have thrown all the rude *** pistons fans outta Conseco in Game 5 ? Intresting ed:
    Nooooo...what are you thinking???

You just can't be rude towards PISTONS fans - anyone else would be acceptable though ed: .

First of all, I didn't have a problem with it. I just thought it was STUPID. Two guys, in a crowd of 15,000 pistons fans? Hey, thats just asking to get your *** kicked. Bring some backup with you if you're going to be running up and down the aisles like that.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

And yes, you should have done something to the Piston fans instead of getting out-cheered in your own stadium in the ECF.

sweabs

And yes, you should have done something to the Piston fans instead of getting out-cheered in your own stadium in the ECF.
    What are you suggesting?

I suggested nothing and am suggesting nothing. I am saying you should have done something to not get out cheered at your home in the ECF, just like I said.

I suggested nothing and am suggesting nothing. I am saying you should have done something to not get out cheered at your home in the ECF, just like I said.
    You mean gang up on people and beat them up? Sorry, that is just wrong.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

sweabs

:
    Right.........

Mood

I wasn't mad because we got out cheered ..it was the rudeness of the fans and personally I am one person I can't make 18,000+ people cheer if they don't want too.

I think the Pacer fans mellowed or felt the need to be less rowdy after the one Bulls fan got stabbed at MSA.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

t-Bone

I think the Pacer fans mellowed or felt the need to be less rowdy after the one Bulls fan got stabbed at MSA.
    what?

Mood

Maybe so , that seems so long ago , but then again almost like yesterday

:
    Right.........
    I'm not quite sure what that means. I'm not saying jump somebody, I'm not saying don't jump somebody. I'm saying don't get out cheered in your own arena. If I were to suggest anything it would be selling out your arena before Piston fans had the chance to buy large numbers of tickets and have fans that would rather go to the game then sell their tickets to opposing team fans, oh and maybe, CHEERING LOUDLY.

As for the jerks partying after the game, well I understand there is little anyone but the security guards can do about that.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

We've started to talk about this... I don't really remember all the facts, but I believe this particular 'fan' of the Bulls was particuarly imtimidating to Pacers fans on the runways down from the sixth floor of MSA when someone 'snapped.'

Was there ever an arrest? I seem to recall that the witnesses didn't say much?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

We've started to talk about this... I don't really remember all the facts, but I believe this particular 'fan' of the Bulls was particuarly imtimidating to Pacers fans on the runways down from the sixth floor of MSA when someone 'snapped.'

Was there ever an arrest? I seem to recall that the witnesses didn't say much?
    I don't think there was a Arrest , I don't think they had enough evidence or something , witness wouldn't talk ...was something crazy.