Thread: Anyone else think that Kobe is perhaps the best all around player ever?

Default Anyone else think that Kobe is perhaps the best all around player ever?

...with the qualification that he still has much time in the NBA (provided he is not put into jail)...
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Default Re: Anyone else think that Kobe is perhaps the best all around player ever?

... and I am not a Lakers fan, nor was I a Bulls fan... assuming that Michael Jordan has the title right now...

Default Re: Anyone else think that Kobe is perhaps the best all around player ever?

Oh god, I wouldn't dare post a topic like this here.
    Put on your flame-retardent suit my friend..

To answer your question:

I sometimes forget just how young the guy is and the scary thing is that he can only get better. And he probably will. Forget his talent, he has alot of heart and drive to get better.

He's not the best yet but I don't see why he can't be.

He's up there.

sweabs

"All Around" Player...Garnett has to be up there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's easily the best player I've seen since MJ. Their games look so similar as well, Kobe modeled his game after Jordans (as many others have) but no one has ever looked so eerily reminescent.

Still gotta give the nod to the teach right now tho.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Hookjaw_Rox

"All Around" Player...Garnett has to be up there.
    Don't get me wrong... I love Garnett much more than I like Kobe... but Kobe wins and Garnett hasn't yet... and Kobe is still SOOO young.

Garnett might get the nudge it terms of overall basketball stats because he is taller too and can contribute more on the glass and with blocked shots... but Kobe is C-L-U-T-C-H... he has whatever bug Jordan had..

sweabs

and Kobe is still SOOO young.
    He is only 2 years younger than KG...but I agree - the man is clutch and you either have that or you don't.

As for Kobe wins and Garnett hasn't...well, Kobe had one of the most dominant players to ever play the sport by his side.

I still expect a lot more to come from both Kobe and Garnett.

Oh god, I wouldn't dare post a topic like this here.
    Put on your flame-retardent suit my friend..

I'm ready... bring it on

I just have so much respect for his game, its incredible... He seems to already have found the magic necessary to help his teammates do better... I love how he has been passing first this entire playoffs (except when the game was on the line tonight)...

IlovethePacers got it right, Kobe has "it"...the same "it" that Jordan had.
    Who honestly didn't think that shot was going in when it left Kobe's hand?
    Time and Time again he has done "it". That is what makes champions.

Last season he was simply unstoppable. I remember him checking into that season with all those new muscles and alot of people thought he was going to be slowed down. 30/7/6 sure showed them. Respect is the word that comes to mind.

***** No! Reece Gaines Is!
    but on a serious note...tmac is better then kobe...

***** No! Reece Gaines Is!
    but on a serious note...tmac is better then kobe...
    Please explain... really...how do you figure?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think he is close enough to lick the sweat off Jordan's balls. If not for riding Shaq's jock for 3 titles he would be in the same category as T-Mac, probably lower.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Tmac is not better. He has not won, he has not been clutch. He has shown an absolute lack of heart that is disheartening at his age. Kobe is also a better defender.

Stats wise they are a wash so it has to come down to the intangibles. Kobe sure takes the lead there.

If the forumers here asked themselves honestly who they'd like more on the pacers (kobe or tmac) they'd probably go with kobe in the vast majority.

I don't think he is close enough to lick the sweat off Jordan's balls. If not for riding Shaq's jock for 3 titles he would be in the same category as T-Mac, probably lower.
    You could say that without Kobe, Shaq would have 0 titles right now.

Without Pippen, Jordan would have 0 titles.

It is a team game, no one is asking Kobe to go out and win a title all by himself. They do ask him to win close games though, and he does a pretty damn good job of doing that.

Kobe has been placed in a better position than Tmac, I don't think that gives you the right to take away everything he has done.

If Tmac was on the Lakers and he won 3 titles, we would be talking about him being like Jordan, but he isn't.

What if, What if, What if... You can play that game all day long.

PLEASE! Kobes defense is a lack of officials calling no fouls! Kobe bumps grabs and holds and completely hacks the ***** out of his defenders. And yes kobe has rode shaqs jock for the 3 titles. His clutch is blown way out of proportion. Tmac is to. But his teammates ***** it up so much. I Remember a game vs philly the magic where down 3 and he had just stole the ball from snow and came down and canned a 3 with a defender draped all over him. What happens next? armstrong fouls iverson with 5 seconds left. Game over. He is clutch, it's just t-mac doeesn't have the supporting cast as kobe does. I Bet you if tmac was in kobes shoes you would all say he's better then kobe. Just wait till he gets to a team who is better. you will see how good tracy mcgrady is.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hopefully he will come to the Pacers and then we can see for ourselves
    Follow me on Twitter! @Hookjaw_Rox

tmac is better then kobe...
    Kobe = plays some of the best defense in the league

Tmac = on the losingest team in basketball last year

Kobe = would singlehandedly win 30 games on any NBA team

Tmac = 0 championships

Kobe = 3 championships (with Shaq albeit... I admit that Kobe has lots of help there)

Comparison??

Funny, grabbing and holding is what all the great players gets away with. Kobe gets the same calls tmac does.

But as the other poster said, you can go all night saying what if, what if.

Kobe earned where he is right now. How the hell can you say his clutchness is blown out of proportion.

Did you miss this regular season where he had gamewinners against Denver not to mention the 2 he had in one game against the blazers. And now you can add this one.

Name me one player who is more clutch atm than him.

I'll be back to check tomorrow. Time for sleep.

P.S ILoveThePacers. I agree with your assesment though you could have also said that shaq got alot of help from Kobe. It's a good situation for sure but I think they had an equal part in winning those 3. I don't think it's as simple as putting tmac in the same situation and boom, same result. Not that you said that though I'm just rambling.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kobe is the Best NBA Player I have seen hit the NBA since the Jordan Era , is he better than Jordan ? Nope not yet but he could be in a Few Years. I watched a amazing program on Kobe the other night forget what channel ( not a sports channel) anyways it really told me alot about Kobe.

hell if that be the case then you could count billups for his game winners he's hit.
    Tmac hits game winners to but because he's not on the lakers (and you can't say theres not a bias) it isn't that much shown. Not only you, but ESPN and most sports writers/journalist ride the lakers nuts so bad.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

no it's because some of us have basketball knowledge and don't post useless nonsense.