Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soulja Boy to possibly attend Game 3 or 4 in Cavs/Wizards series

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Soulja Boy to possibly attend Game 3 or 4 in Cavs/Wizards series

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't talking about how bad modern rap/hip-hop is something that white people love to do? It definitely should be.
    Well, they already love Mos Def.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I got respect for LF, none for Kanye (he's an above average sampler, that's it). But Tech would absolutely crush either in any field of hip hop except maybe a strict club banger. No offense, but you're totally wrong on his flow; it's a little too lined up to be considered really unique, but it suffices when he spits. And why are you saying that the samples have anything to do with the rapper? It's irrelevant. In any case, I'd much rather listen to the instrumentals to Caught in ahustle, You Never Know and Leaving the Past than any of th ebeats on Kanye's last ******* child. You're still cool though.
    Do you hear the things Kanye says? He's a lyrical genius. Lupe too.

IT's music just sounds low quality, and his rhyme scheme is awful.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post

IT's music just sounds low quality, and his rhyme scheme is awful.
    Kanye is not a lyrical genius at all, although he is a good producer. I do agree with you about IT..I hate how he raps.
    Last edited by Moses; 04-21-2008 at 02:55 AM.

Yep...they love it.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

There are white people on this board?

Okay, try listening to this track by Tech for the people who aren't feeling him. If you don't like it, then we'll forget about it. (This is from five years ago so he could be awful now but this is what I think of when dude comes to mind.)

[yt]5pqiqrnZE44[/yt]

Dc, I feel ya. I love Talib but it's kind of disappointing that his first LP was his best. I think he just needs to do another one with Hi Tek.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    There are white people on this board?

Okay, try listening to this track by Tech for the people who aren't feeling him. If you don't like it, then we'll forget about it. (This is from five years ago so he could be awful now but this is what I think of when dude comes to mind.)

[yt]5pqiqrnZE44[/yt]

Dc, I feel ya. I love Talib but it's kind of disappointing that his first LP was his best. I think he just needs to do another one with Hi Tek.
    Yes, Eardrum was terrible. I actually own his first LP but I do like some of the older Blackstar stuff as well.

Kanye is good, but somewhat overrated lyrically in my opinion. His production skills are top notch though, he's so good that he actually got me to enjoy that silly Twista "Overnight Celebrity" song.

I don't know if anyone here has heard of the Cool Kids, but that's decent stuff from Chicago as well. They could be pretty popular, I don't know, I am pretty disconnected from what's hot. And Tabi Bonney, most of his rap is pretty poppy, but his videos have some good scenes from DC so I gotta love it.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

Eardrum was definitely a poor showing by Kweli (except Hostile Gospel and Country Cousins are good tracks).

This is IT's best work. Better than Dance with the Devil, better than Bin Laden.

2nd verse >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ludacris is excellent at turning a cute phrase as well... Is he a lyrical genius?

Lupe is sometimes tolerable and Kanye is extraordinarily overhyped. If he didn't dress like he does and come across as some eccentric personality his rap career would've ended 4 years ago.

EDIT: I am very much looking forward to Rhymefest's new album though so I shouldn't talk that much ***** about Kanye.
    Last edited by ajbry; 04-21-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Mood

Rhymefest writes for Kanye...i think thats what u mean so...
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Lol @ *no one, because we respect our fellow PD brothers & sisters - Mal *saying IT is better than Kanye or Lupe.

All he raps about is conspiracy theory and btw he has a good vocabulary but NO delivery and horrible music to go with it. Andhis audio quality is pretty bad too, IMO
    There isn't a single aspect of hip-hop where Lupe or Kanye come even close to Tech's level.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    There isn't a single aspect of hip-hop where Lupe or Kanye come even close to Tech's level.
    i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. PS I'm right. lol. If Tech was any good he would have been signed and or known by now. If he had ANY talent, which IMO he doesn't.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Taken from http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=887...

Is signing with a major label something you’ve considered?
    They keep trying to sign me as an artist and throw money at me without realizing that this isn’t about just paper for me. It’s about principle and about my success rate as the president of my own label. As the VP and then the president of Viper, I sold 80,000 copies of Vol.2 and I sold about 35,000 of Vol.1. SoundScan might give you some numbers that are lower, but the first 30,000 of Vol.2 I moved on my own and through a series of smaller distributors. I mean, before I even had distribution I moved about 10,000 on my own for $8 to $10. I don’t need to pretend to be paid for anyone. Even though I’m from Harlem, I’m not really flashy. I got a Third World country work ethic, like the Haitians, Jamaicans, Cubans, Colombians. I’m mostly Peruvian, so I put my money into investments. I own three apartments and a house I bought for my grandmother in South America. I own over 50 acres of farmland in Peru. I’m putting my sister through school and now medical school. I get as much as many major label artists for shows. I mean, my agent won’t call me unless we’re talking $5,000 to $15,000. I’m not starving and broke and willing to sell my soul to them along with the rights to my masters and publishing. I’m not looking for the big advance. I’m looking for what a record deal—or rather, a P&D deal—should be. A deal, not some piece of paper written in legalese that makes me a slave.
    Tech is crazy talented and can articulate things into spoken words most people can't even imagine in the first place.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    Taken from http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=887...

Tech is crazy talented and can articulate things into spoken words most people can't even imagine in the first place.
    I'd like to see proof of the labels that tried to sign him, and bragging about selling less than 100k records is pretty bad, especially when you guys are saying he's better than one of the best lyricists ever (Lupe)
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I'd like to see proof of the labels that tried to sign him, and bragging about selling less than 100k records is pretty bad, especially when you guys are saying he's better than one of the best lyricists ever (Lupe)
    At this point, Lupe might be close to top 75 emcees ever, at best. C'mon he's released two damn records so far. Hip hop has been around a lot longer than you're thinking.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

What is your fixation with Lupe? I don't think he's anything special relative to the best rappers of all-time. Dude is lucky that hip-hop is so saturated with low-quality content so that his ***** seems amazing just by comparison...

Nerd.
    Mood

Best lyricist ever? Provide me with some of these supposed "best lyrics" ever? I seriously do not know any of Lupe's music.