Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soulja Boy to possibly attend Game 3 or 4 in Cavs/Wizards series

Default Soulja Boy to possibly attend Game 3 or 4 in Cavs/Wizards series

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plai...62640.xml&coll

Soulja Boy feels disrespected by Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James, but he feels important because of comments
    Playoff series is music to Soulja Boy's ears Saturday, April 19, 2008Branson WrightPlain Dealer Reporter
    DeAndre Way is not much of a basketball fan, and he surprisingly has never seen LeBron James play. So when Way saw that James mentioned his stage name, "Soulja Boy," in a recent article, Way was caught way off guard.

"Someone from Interscope Records called me and sent me the quote," Way said. "I looked and didn't really think much about it. LeBron said something like he was Jay-Z and DeShawn [Stevenson] is Soulja Boy. I took that as [disrespectful]."

Following the Cavaliers practice on Friday in preparation of today's Game 1 of the first round of the playoffs against the Washington Wizards, James said he was not trying to be disrespectful to Way.

Advertisement
    All James attempted to do was respond to the slight given to him by Wizards guard Stevenson. Today's game is the first time Stevenson and James have competed against each other since the Cavs lost last month to Washington. After James missed a 3-point shot that would have won the game for the Cavs, Stevenson told reporters, among other things, that James was overrated.

Shortly after those comments, James said: "With DeShawn Stevenson, it's kind of funny. It's almost like Jay-Z [responding to a negative comment] made by Soulja Boy. It doesn't make sense to respond."

Jay-Z is one of the top hip-hop artists, while Soulja Boy -- though wildly popular -- is considered by some reviewers as a one-hit wonder. But the catchy tune "Crank That" remains a popular hit.

The single was initially self-published on the Internet, and it became a No. 1 hit for seven non-consecutive weeks starting in September 2007.

The "Soulja Boy Dance" is performed in night clubs, socials and in sports arenas across the country. Even James was caught on camera doing the "Soulja Boy Dance" during a game this season.

"When I first came out, there [were] a lot of people that did my dance from football players to basketball players to soccer players," said Way, 17. "So this makes me feel like a very important individual. I'm in the middle of this conversation in the playoffs, and that makes me feel good. I knew my name was going to come up in sports, because of the song, but I never thought it would come up in a conversation like that."

But it has.

In fact, Stevenson responded to James' comments by inviting Way to an upcoming playoff game. Stevenson promised to have Way at courtside in a Wizards jersey. Way said he will accept the invitation. He is expected to attend either Game 3 or Game 4 in Washington.

"I'm all for it," Way said. "He invited me out, and I don't have a problem coming . . . I'm [cheering] for whoever backs me. I can't go for whoever's going against me."

Way said he has never seen James play because he's not much of a basketball fan. Working on new music takes up most of his time. Way, who grew up in Atlanta, is more of a football fan. Since the Atlanta Hawks are in the playoffs and since he has been invited to the playoff series between the Cavs and the Wizards, basketball will become more of a priority.

Although Way even admitted he doesn't have much of basketball talent, he would not oppose a 2-on-2 basketball game for charity between himself and Stevenson against James and Jay-Z.

"Oh man, let's do it," Way said. "I can't hoop, but we all have money, and I can quickly get some training."

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

bwright@plaind.com, 216-999-4671

Default Re: Soulja Boy to possibly attend Game 3 or 4 in Cavs/Wizards series

lol james/jay z vs stevenson/soulja boy would be such a slaughter house...LOL
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

If he feels disrespected does that mean he thinks he's as good a rapper as Jay-Z? Yea, good one kid.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Soulja Boy is a disgrace.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I'd rather invite Immortal Technique, get him courtside and give him free reign to destroy both of these clowns...

Why is this news?

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

God do I hate modern rap.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    God do I hate mainstream rap.
    Fixed.

I have a feeling this thread is headed towards Club Rio.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    I'd rather invite Immortal Technique, get him courtside and give him free reign to destroy both of these clowns...

Why is this news?
    His new joint out yet?

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Fixed.

I have a feeling this thread is headed towards Club Rio.
    good call actually, I can enjoy myself some mos def, jurassic 5, roots, etc... along with some of the early 90s and 80s stuff... but the current popular "in da club" crap just makes me ill.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    His new joint out yet?
    The Third World should be out fairly soon (due in the "spring") and Middle Passage will probably be a while longer, I'd assume 2009.

I love how on Soulja Boy's wikipedia page they say that 50 Cent is one of the rapper's who has blamed Soulja Boy for watering down mainstream rap.
    That is the highest of high comedy.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stevenson > Soulja > no one
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

SouljaBoy is Garbage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Mood

The Third World should be out fairly soon (due in the "spring") and Middle Passage will probably be a while longer, I'd assume 2009.
    Sounds good. Feels like I've been bumpin' Caught in a Hustle and Bin Laden for years now. Wonder if he likes Obama.

Sounds good. Feels like I've been bumpin' Caught in a Hustle and Bin Laden for years now. Wonder if he likes Obama.
    I would bet he doesn't, simply because Obama in reality still represents partisanship and the political machine. Although I can't picture him supporting anyone who's not a revolutionary...

Mood

Moving to Club Rio....

Middle Passage was supposed to be out like three years ago. So frustrating.

Why is this news?
    Good call, been listening to Tech for years now, its great for me to see him really blow up in the underground scene.

To anyone who thinks all modern hip-hop is bad, try listening to Mr. Lif, Talib Kweli, Del (especially the album Deltron 3030), Mos Def, Jurrasic 5, The Roots or Wu Tang's newest album 8 Diagrams.

The problem is people don't know any good hip hop anymore. Too many people say they listen to underground hiphop and then when you ask them who they like they say Kanye West or Lupe Fiasco. Depressing.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Good call, been listening to Tech for years now, its great for me to see him really blow up in the underground scene.

To anyone who thinks all modern hip-hop is bad, try listening to Mr. Lif, Talib Kweli, Del (especially the album Deltron 3030), Mos Def, Jurrasic 5, The Roots or Wu Tang's newest album 8 Diagrams.

The problem is people don't know any good hip hop anymore. Too many people say they listen to underground hiphop and then when you ask them who they like they say Kanye West or Lupe Fiasco. Depressing.
    Lol @ *no one, because we respect our fellow PD brothers & sisters - Mal *saying IT is better than Kanye or Lupe.

All he raps about is conspiracy theory and btw he has a good vocabulary but NO delivery and horrible music to go with it. Andhis audio quality is pretty bad too, IMO
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

There is nothing wrong with making hits for the clubs...but compared to the club hits of the 90s and todays "hits"...its such a watered down garbage...you can't really enjoy it

Soulja Boy is the worst rapper of all time. I would rather listen to Vanilla Ice. Soulja Boy deserves no respect.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    Lol @ *no one, because we respect our fellow PD brothers & sisters - Mal *saying IT is better than Kanye or Lupe.

All he raps about is conspiracy theory and btw he has a good vocabulary but NO delivery and horrible music to go with it. Andhis audio quality is pretty bad too, IMO
    I got respect for LF, none for Kanye (he's an above average sampler, that's it). But Tech would absolutely crush either in any field of hip hop except maybe a strict club banger. No offense, but you're totally wrong on his flow; it's a little too lined up to be considered really unique, but it suffices when he spits. And why are you saying that the samples have anything to do with the rapper? It's irrelevant. In any case, I'd much rather listen to the instrumentals to Caught in ahustle, You Never Know and Leaving the Past than any of th ebeats on Kanye's last ******* child. You're still cool though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    Soulja Boy is the worst rapper of all time. I would rather listen to Vanilla Ice. Soulja Boy deserves no respect.
    While this is true, you've got to remember that he's only a kid. He obviously has no idea what's going on and he's just being used as a tool for the labels, MTV, etc. I point more anger at the labels and the rappers who are actually thirty and making this level of crap. IOW, Soulja Boy has no idea that he's part of a contingency that is destroying hip hop music and setting black Americans back to the days of the minstrel shows (1840's ish). The record companies know though.

While this is true, you've got to remember that he's only a kid. He obviously has no idea what's going on and he's just being used as a tool for the labels, MTV, etc. I point more anger at the labels and the rappers who are actually thirty and making this level of crap. IOW, Soulja Boy has no idea that he's part of a contingency that is destroying hip hop music and setting black Americans back to the days of the minstrel shows (1840's ish). The record companies know though.
    Record companies are obviously out to exploit people for a profit, there is no doubt in my mind about this. What angers me the most is that Soulja Boys parents or guardians or whatever allow him to continue to make this kind of crappy music, probably to line their own pockets. I doubt at his age Soulja Boy sees all of the money that is coming his way.

That has been my favorite video for a long time. Immortal Technique never did it for me, but I respect his following.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

Isn't talking about how bad modern rap/hip-hop is something that white people love to do? It definitely should be.