Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pistons are doomed

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Pistons are doomed

Of course, you wouldn't need those chances without the call
    Don't care. Great teams win no matter who the refs are. If you can't overcome a few bad calls, you don't deserve to win anything.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

I'm saying there shouldn't be those types of calls, but whatever.

I think this could all be solved by giving NBA coaches the same ability of NFL coaches, and that being to video review one call per half.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Most of the time I agree with Kstat and LedZeppelinColt as the refs don't affect the game THAT much most of the time. I blame them when individual calls or no calls affect the game, like obviously the infamous 4 point play.

Sometimes I'll blame them when they let one team do things the other team can't do, like what happened in the Sacramento/LA game 6.

What I'll say though is that the refs have been VERY good this offseason for the most part. The pissed off times at them have been few and far between.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Whenever someone totally denies the refs can give games to a team, I remember the 4th quarter of Game 6 of the 2002 WCF. What a sham that was.
    ....and if the Kings simply make their FTs in game 7, Sacramento has a 2002 baner right now.
    I know, and I don't care....
    Yep!

Frankly that pretty much sums up (you and) a lot of the HATERS on the board.

GO AHEAD take your ball and go home.

Whaaaaaa....waaaaaaaa.
    Grow up.

And everything doesn't revolve around your precious Lakers, either. This **** happens to other people besides your boys in LA LA land.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Of course, you wouldn't need those chances without the call
    Don't care. Great teams win no matter who the refs are. If you can't overcome a few bad calls, you don't deserve to win anything.
    Oh, that's a bunch of crap. Rules are in place for a reason, and when one team is given an unfair advantage, even a slight one, that's CHEATING. No team should HAVE to over come a team that cheats to gain an advantage. If the other team can't win without an unfair advantage, then THEY don't deserve to win.

Give me a friggin' break.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whenever someone totally denies the refs can give games to a team, I remember the 4th quarter of Game 6 of the 2002 WCF. What a sham that was.
    ....and if the Kings simply make their FTs in game 7, Sacramento has a 2002 baner right now.
    I know, and I don't care....
    Yep!

Frankly that pretty much sums up (you and) a lot of the HATERS on the board.

GO AHEAD take your ball and go home.

Whaaaaaa....waaaaaaaa.

.... Lakers win series 4-1.
    Well I am pretty sure you got the last part right anyways.

Anyone here start the[size=16:7b2b66f212] EXCUSE THREAD [/size]yet?

Isn't there a place here where all of this crying and whining can be done in unison?

Funny how that always comes out of the mouths of the fans of the beneficiaries...

sc

Kstat you believe that all you want. But how many games has Salvatore or Bevetta influnced in the last 10 seconds so far this season. I can think of four.

Holding fouls in Football and like contact fouls in the NBA. They can be called every play and can be called to influence a game.

Granted if the Pistons would have made their free throws, what did they shot 50% from the line. This is a moot point. But to say that the Referees do not or can not influence games is flat out distrubing.

sc

Considering that all four were losses and all finished on questionable calls by one ref.

And not 4 out of 90, Salvatore has not been the ref for every game smartass.

Funny that the NBA had a meeting with Salavatore and the Pistons before the season about his so-called officating towards the Pistons and his Hatred of Larry Brown.