Thread: The Pistons are doomed

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The Pistons are doomed

Salvatore tonight.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Pistons are doomed

your trying your best for reverse karma aren't you ?

Big Ben already called for an over-the-back. How ****ing funny is THAT?!

George slaps away, no call, another phantom call when Kobe hoists the ball up.

Detroit will not overcome the Lakers lovefest from the refs tonight.

The Lakers are flopping all over the place and getting the calls the Pistons got against us.

I TOLD YOU SO.

Mood

Shade go be a ref and show them how to do it

Shade go be a ref and show them how to do it

Kobe flops, Rip called for a offensive foul, acts like he's going to hit the ref with the ball, gets t'd up.

LAPacer

Kstat and Fool were trying to debate with me this morning about how the games have been called fair or that the refs don't call it by preference. I wonder how they feel after being raped in the first half by the zebras.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kobe flops, Rip called for a offensive foul, acts like he's going to hit the ref with the ball, gets t'd up.
    Yeah the refs are really changing the game there in the 2nd quarter. I love first of all how Kobe thinks he's some sort of defensive stopper, Rip just missed a ton of open shots . Also, how EVERYBODY wants the Lakers to win on ABC or in th emedia; for example Bill Walton cheering for the Shaq dunk, and now all of a sudden how unbelievable the Lakers defense is.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Yeah the refs are really changing the game there in the 2nd quarter. I love first of all how Kobe thinks he's some sort of defensive stopper, Rip just missed a ton of open shots . Also, how EVERYBODY wants the Lakers to win on ABC or in th emedia; for example Bill Walton cheering for the Shaq dunk, and now all of a sudden how unbelievable the Lakers defense is.
    Yup. Bunch of kiss-*** moronic sheep.

Mood

When I saw that they had both Salvatore AND Javie out there, I knew this would be a ****** night from the refs.

LAPacer

The effect of Salvatore increases as the Pistons look like they have a chance of winning. Thats a pretty fast 5 second call

Good teams win DESPITE the refs. The notion that the NBA can fix game is retarded, plain and simple. The refs cant block your shots or put the ball in for the other team.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Whenever someone totally denies the refs can give games to a team, I remember the 4th quarter of Game 6 of the 2002 WCF. What a sham that was.

Whenever someone totally denies the refs can give games to a team, I remember the 4th quarter of Game 6 of the 2002 WCF. What a sham that was.
    ....and if the Kings simply make their FTs in game 7, Sacramento has a 2002 baner right now.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Mood

....and if the Kings simply make their FTs in game 7, Sacramento has a 2002 baner right now.
    I know, and I don't care. Game 6 was a disgrace to the game.

sweabs

If If If If If...

Fine.

And the Kings STILL have only themselves to blame for losing the series. Stern doesn't cause them to choke repeatedly at the FT line.

Mood

Fine.

And the Kings STILL have only themselves to blame for losing the series. Stern doesn't cause them to choke repeatedly at the FT line.
    You've essentially just repeated yourself. Do I really need to do the same?

Teams can/could/would/should win and lose a 100 different ways. When one of them seems to be over something they can't control, by a party that shouldn't have a say in what happens, I notice it and take offense.

Mood

Good teams win DESPITE the refs. The notion that the NBA can fix game is retarded, plain and simple. The refs cant block your shots or put the ball in for the other team.
    Amen

Al Micheals made a comment durring the game in which he said "the Lakers actually out fouled the Pistons in game one. Thats amazing."

Man that guy is an a$$. After reading this convo its funny that game 2 came down to not fouling when they probably should have. (and no, I still don't blame the refs)

sc

Games in the NBA can be fixed or at least altered by refs. Kstat you had to blow your top on that phantom foul in the 4th. So eerily familiar to 1988.

Calls tick tack fouls cen kill a defensive minded team. It took 2 quarters for Salvatore or Javie to call Payton for his so-called defense.

You know next game will be reffed by Bevatta then Salvatore, Bevata in Game 4 and then Bevatta Javie in Game 5. Lakers win series 4-1.

Games in the NBA can be fixed or at least altered by refs. Kstat you had to blow your top on that phantom foul in the 4th. So eerily familiar to 1988.

Calls tick tack fouls cen kill a defensive minded team. It took 2 quarters for Salvatore or Javie to call Payton for his so-called defense.

You know next game will be reffed by Bevatta then Salvatore, Bevata in Game 4 and then Bevatta Javie in Game 5. Lakers win series 4-1.
    Sorry, I refuse to believe that load of crap. Bad call, yes. Fixed call, no. Had KAreem missed either FT, we win. If Joe DUmars doesnt lose the ball on his last shot attempt, we win. We had our chances to win DESPITE the call.

Mood

Of course, you wouldn't need those chances without the call