Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Pacers Vs. Knicks Thread - Apparently, there was a game today and the Pacers won!

Sports Logo

Default Post Game Pacers Vs. Knicks Thread - Apparently, there was a game today and the Pacers won!

Since no one is doing it ( either cuz no one knew there was a game or didn't really care ), I will do it.

Looks like the Knicks didn't roll over like they did against the Hawks and put up a good fight.

It would seem that Dunleavy's ceiling is 36 ( again! ).

Thoughts anyone?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Post Game Pacers Vs. Knicks Thread - Apparently, there was a game today and the Pacers won!

I missed the game

Looks like Travis didn't play. What's the story there?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Banned

Default Re: Post Game Pacers Vs. Knicks Thread - Apparently, there was a game today and the Pacers won!

Free at last, free at last.

Now we can focus on what's important - the future.

Banned

I am depressed. I hate the off season.

Apparently travis was on a recruiting trip with Tom Crean trying to sign a 5th player to the Hoosier squad so they have a 5 man team to put on the floor next year.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good game. Mostly bench players played.. JO started but didn't play much past first quarter.

It was a lot of fun.. Most of the time the fans were quiet, but at times we got really loud.. A good sign of things to come if we start winning just a little bit more.. The Pacers are still loved.

Dunleavy had a nice game. Fred Jones was on fire tonight for the Knicks.

Got back about 10 minutes ago... fun game, Dun dropping 36 again. Everyone wanted him to get another basket with a minute left so they fed him the ball, but he couldn't convert on the turnaround.

Didn't meet anyone on here though... I was at the BLR before the game, during halftime, and after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good game. Mostly bench players played.. JO started but didn't play much past first quarter.
    Actually he didn't play any minutes after the first quarter.

Dun, Murph, and Danny all had good games. So did David Harrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

Thx. I wasn't sure.. I wasn't able to pay much attention to the game.. Last time I bring a hot chick to a game..lol

There were a lot of times when I had no clue who was even winning, I was only watching the game like 1/3 of the time..

I was surprised that Harrison got some good time in.. I liked seeing our bench players out there.. Especially guys like Diogu and Williams, whom I think are gonna be good if given the chance.

Mood

No one started a thread because we were all at the game.

It was nice to meet Shade and Swingman. Thanks again for the tickets Shade. I wish you would've let me pay you for the tickets. We moved down to Sec 18 close to where I used to have season tickets.

Sorry I didn't make the meet up at halftime. My gf wanted to watch the dogs catch frisbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge View Post

Sorry I didn't make the meet up at halftime. My gf wanted to watch the dogs catch frisbies.
    Lol, that was surprisingly entertaining. Those dogs had jumps!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

I agree. Not surprising from David but we all know he's hit or miss and sometimes frustrating. I hate to dampen it but he's earned this - contract year.

I wish he'd seen the writing on the wall last year. Honestly I can look past a guy smoking weed, though there's no excuse for getting busted, but not controlling his temper, not refining and improving his game more, not showing us these kinds of nights more often last year at least. That bothers me.

To me the big blast of the night was pre-game with Herb stepping in as CEO and then making a speech to the crowd indicating a strong intention to not only keep the team here (in case you wondered about David taking over and moving them) and for him to be hands-on in the rebuilding.

The guy is putting his money where his mouth is in terms of the comments he made last month. It's not just lip service it appears. I don't know what they can get done but I know they are going to try.

Bad news for JOB critics, Herb gave him a strong stamp of approval, citing his style of play as the Indiana style, passing, up tempo, etc. Personally I don't know if that's exactly true. I think the Indiana style is quality fundamentals over flash, defense or offense. Heck, Indy's featured a couple of big time steals guys at periods (Bradley, Williams) and Dale and Tony weren't exactly fan faves for their offense, neither was McKey.

But whatever. They need better defense even if it's in JOB's style.

Dun was great and it is easy to root for him but dang is his defense frustrating at times. He'd get hit in a mid-transition game and see his man just blow right by. If they can set up on defense he can work the system and help pretty well.

I guess if they had defensive strengths at PG and PF/C (rather than Troy) then they could afford Dun as the pairing with Danny for offense. Doesn't matter, tonight was about tonight and Dun was fun to cheer for.

50% off at the Home Court, nice deal. Coupons for 50% off stuff that was already 50% off on the rack in some cases. Got 2 swingman's for less than 40 each and a Dun practice style jersey for $10.

IDK, fan appreciation night is a lot of fun but it's also just so somber in a year like this. It's been tough but when it ends you know that you really didn't want it to.

BTW, the wife and I hit the BLR and got something to eat at halftime, didn't see anyone I recognized. I did stop and say hey to Mal who I assume isn't back yet. Dirty fink took my normal seat (when I pony up for it), got it a lot cheaper than I do. No sign guy Matt though, but he was behind Zach's wife/gf and family at some point.

Also forgot, the beer guy working section 7-9 area actually got applause. He was great. I've never noticed him before but I'm not quite in that area usually when I'm in the lower. All I know is he was great for atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

IDK, fan appreciation night is a lot of fun but it's also just so somber in a year like this. It's been tough but when it ends you know that you really didn't want it to.
    I know.. Been a rough season and I have been thinking.. I can't wait till the off season and we make a bunch of changes..

Then I come home tonight from having a good time at the game and it hits me.. That's that. The season is OVER. No more Pacer Basketball for a while..

Also forgot, the beer guy working section 7-9 area actually got applause. He was great. I've never noticed him before but I'm not quite in that area usually when I'm in the lower. All I know is he was great for atmosphere.
    World's

Best

Beer man

He always gets a ovation. He's great.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

I just got home a little while ago myself. I'm with the majority here, good game but it isn't kind of a "hmmm" feeling now. Glad we could end with a win though (and I got to shake JOB's hand in the hall later )
    When I dunk, I put something on it. I want the ball to hit the floor before I do. ~Darryl Dawkins

BTW, Reb, world's worst PA guy...as voted on by Nate Richardson.

Guess I need to start sitting over in the 7-9 range then. Sincerely my wife got a beer right near cutoff just to buy a beer from him. Direct sales impact just on effort. Good for him.

Also, were we the only people mortified by the 10-12 year old girls doing the hoochie mama dance during the break in the first half? I mean good lord, I'm not even a dad yet and my "don't let that be my daughter" alarm was going off.

I'm nowhere near a prude but there's nothing wrong with at least some boundaries of appropriate behavior. Kid cheer squads is one thing, kid "where's my pole" dancing is another. And worse with 10 pounds of makeup on. It was 1 step away from former Soviet bloc brothel.

Sell out! That was fun. The players were probably wondering where this was the rest of the season.

Enjoyed the game, always enjoy fan appreciation night. I hope Herb/Larry can help this team.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sell out? There were definitely a significant number of empty seats in the Fieldhouse. Maybe it was a sell out in terms of all the tickets getting sold, but attendance wise, not.

People actually started to leave after the half and during the third quarter. With that said, the game was a good sign that the Pacers fan nation is still alive and it's just a matter of putting out a winning product out on the floor.

Guess I need to start sitting over in the 7-9 range then. Sincerely my wife got a beer right near cutoff just to buy a beer from him. Direct sales impact just on effort. Good for him.

Also, were we the only people mortified by the 10-12 year old girls doing the hoochie mama dance during the break in the first half? I mean good lord, I'm not even a dad yet and my "don't let that be my daughter" alarm was going off.

I'm nowhere near a prude but there's nothing wrong with at least some boundaries of appropriate behavior. Kid cheer squads is one thing, kid "where's my pole" dancing is another. And worse with 10 pounds of makeup on. It was 1 step away from former Soviet bloc brothel.
    The kid thing freaked me out a bit, too. What dance team was that, "Amber's Junior Stripper Academy"?

I'm glad my girls are athletes, not cheerleader / dance team types.

My daughter and I did get to go down on the floor at halftime and "high-five" the players when they came back out on the floor.

The beerman works hard, if I'm having a beer at the game, I won't buy from anybody but him.

We picked up 2 jerseys and 2 pair of shorts in the gift shop after the game.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

I didn't see it on TV, but the way you described it had me chuckling outloud.

Must have been bad if some of you young guys on here thought so.

Good time. Glad I went. Since everyone here is visually anonymous, I have no idea if I saw any of you at the game. I was in and out of BLR most of the night and probably passed some of you. But unless you were wearing a name tag with your PD username, I had no idea. I was in Sect 5, 5th row. Funny thing is that I had better seats than Donnie. His Knick's bought ticket was about row 15 in Sect 6. He had to seek assistance from an usher to help him find it. BTW, I mean funny as in ironic since his work over the last 24 years was instrumental in getting the Fieldhouse built. Now he is just another slub looking for his seat. Didn't bother to try to get the sweatsoaked jerseys or shoes, but I did shake Larry's hand and looked him in the eyes and told him "Good luck getting this thing back on the rails".

You were not the only ones. Try being where I was sitting. Yeesh.

fan appreciation night is a lot of fun but it's also just so somber in a year like this. It's been tough but when it ends you know that you really didn't want it to.
    Crystallized my thoughts exactly. Not the best record and no playoffs for some guys that really played pretty hard down the stretch, but each season, only one team wins it all. For the rest of the teams' diehard fans, it's always sad to see another season come to a close and realize that it will be another 6+ months before next season. But it's nights like these when I feel so fortunate to live in a city with a pro-basketball team, specifically, this one. And this, from a former Lakers fan.

One thought on the Knicks ... can someone explain to me how a guy who has the vertical of an Ewok can get 15 rebounds. Seriously, what is Randolph's secret? The guy is NOT slim, but man is he shifty around the basket.